The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Is this directed at me?

I know something bad is going to happen, I know that, as I have no idea anymore what's real and it's worrying me, but honestly I can't see any escape from the situation. I have been to the GP so many times, they're not going to hurry up the referral and I've tried a bunch of drugs so there doesn't seem to be anything else they can do. I would feel a right retard going to a&e and saying I can't sleep. Seeing as I'm not standing right immediately on the edge right about to kill myself there doesn't seem to be anything they can do either. It's like 2 walls and nowhere else to turn.

You could try and get yourself referred to a sleep clinic - says here that your GP can refer you, or if they're a massive dumbass (which sounds pretty likely) you could try going through A&E. Try ringing NHS Direct and see what they say?

Original post by littleshambles
omg i get to tick another box off BENZO BINGO

It's the game where everybody wins! :awesome:
blah..........

some doctors are retarded. these meds say 'don't give to people with suicidal thoughts or psychosis' and supposedly don't cause weight gain (which they do).

Have to take the meds though or I'll get taken to hospital even though the meds make me act crazy and I'm fine off them.

Hate how it's this way.:mad:

I also feel a bit out of touch at the moment. I know that this is real and everything, but finding it difficult to sometimes make out if what I see is a dream.. :s-smilie:
Reply 3322
Is this directed at me?

I know something bad is going to happen, I know that, as I have no idea anymore what's real and it's worrying me, but honestly I can't see any escape from the situation. I have been to the GP so many times, they're not going to hurry up the referral and I've tried a bunch of drugs so there doesn't seem to be anything else they can do. I would feel a right retard going to a&e and saying I can't sleep. Seeing as I'm not standing right immediately on the edge right about to kill myself there doesn't seem to be anything they can do either. It's like 2 walls and nowhere else to turn.

What sedatives and sleeping tablets do you have at the moment?
Original post by Idle
What sedatives and sleeping tablets do you have at the moment?

zopiclone x 26
propranolol x 28
hydroxyzine x 16
amisulpride
trifluoperazine
mirtazapine

So nothing really. :frown:

Original post by superwolf
You could try and get yourself referred to a sleep clinic - says here that your GP can refer you, or if they're a massive dumbass (which sounds pretty likely) you could try going through A&E. Try ringing NHS Direct and see what they say?

:holmes: hmmm....

Although, looking at that site, there's none of them things wrong with my sleep, I sleep fine, they just won't shut up to let me. So it's not insomnia as such it has a very real specific reason.
(edited 12 years ago)
My brain doesn't seem to be functioning anymore. I go to uni but nothing is happening in my mind, it's just dead. I have some assessed work due in in under a month and I know it's not going to show my true ability. I just about scraped through my exams. Is it worth trying to make them have some awareness of how I feel? I don't want extra % or anything.
:holmes: hmmm....

Although, looking at that site, there's none of them things wrong with my sleep, I sleep fine, they just won't shut up to let me. So it's not insomnia as such it has a very real specific reason.

Good point, although they might still have more experience with your sort of case than your GP does. Also, from my point of view at least it seems more like a cycle - you can't sleep, which makes the voices worse, which makes you sleep even less, which makes the voices even worse... So possibly, even if the insomnia wasn't the original problem, proper treatment might still help that side of things, which in turn could help reduce your psychosis.
Original post by Anonymous
My brain doesn't seem to be functioning anymore. I go to uni but nothing is happening in my mind, it's just dead. I have some assessed work due in in under a month and I know it's not going to show my true ability. I just about scraped through my exams. Is it worth trying to make them have some awareness of how I feel? I don't want extra % or anything.

A month?

I have like three essays due in the past. I suppose they only take an hour or less each but still.

Yes, it is worth letting them know because if it comes to it that you need to submit for extenuating circumstances they will are often unlikely to accept it after the fact.
Original post by superwolf
Good point, although they might still have more experience with your sort of case than your GP does. Also, from my point of view at least it seems more like a cycle - you can't sleep, which makes the voices worse, which makes you sleep even less, which makes the voices even worse... So possibly, even if the insomnia wasn't the original problem, proper treatment might still help that side of things, which in turn could help reduce your psychosis.

That would be ace...sleep and getting them to shut up.

I guess I could go to the walk in clinic tomorrow and ask to be referred to a sleep place. Cheers :smile:
Reply 3328
zopiclone x 26
propranolol x 28
hydroxyzine x 16
amisulpride
trifluoperazine
mirtazapine

So nothing really. :frown:

If you take what is allowed to be combined at the max dose, you still don't sleep?
Original post by Idle
If you take what is allowed to be combined at the max dose, you still don't sleep?

I've taken them all at 2 or 4 times the prescribed dose and still nothing. I would go higher but 6 x 0 is still 0.
Everything is ****. Stupid ****ing crappy mood drops.
Reply 3331
I've taken them all at 2 or 4 times the prescribed dose and still nothing. I would go higher but 6 x 0 is still 0.

If the GP isn't or can't do anything then A+E seems perfectly valid. Everyone needs sleep.
Original post by Idle
If the GP isn't or can't do anything then A+E seems perfectly valid. Everyone needs sleep.

Possibly. :hmmmm:

I'm gonna go to the GP tomorrow morning as soon as they open and hopefully they can do something.

Reply 3333
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Everything is ****. Stupid ****ing crappy mood drops.

:console: Hope you feel better soon. What caused it, if you don't mind me asking? (Though I probably won't be able to give advice. I'm not good at it :colondollar:).

---

And I feel quite good. Done a lot of my homework for tomorrow, although it seems to be dragging on.

Spoiler

Original post by littleshambles
omg i get to tick another box off BENZO BINGO

Best. Game. Ever.

:hugs: hope you are ok.
Original post by avhhs
:console: Hope you feel better soon. What caused it, if you don't mind me asking? (Though I probably won't be able to give advice. I'm not good at it :colondollar:).

I dunno. I felt fine this afternoon, positively bouncing in fact. Had my tea and my mood's just crashed... so I'm going to drink whiskey until I fall asleep.

Spoiler

Reply 3336
I had an interview for a college today, time to wait and see what happens :h:
Reply 3337
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I dunno. I felt fine this afternoon, positively bouncing in fact. Had my tea and my mood's just crashed... so I'm going to drink whiskey until I fall asleep.

Spoiler

That happens to me a lot too. I might be fine for ages, but suddenly get into a bad mood. Make sure you don't drink too much though :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Reply 3338
The nurses just woke up the difficult patient (there always seems to be one) for her meds and she's kicking off. :facepalm2: It's gonna be another long night.

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
That happens to me a lot too. I might be fine for ages, but suddenly get into a bad mood. Make sure you don't drink too much though :biggrin:.

Spoiler

It's horrible. Normally I'm pretty level but occasionally I have days where I'm absolutely sky high... I forget when I'm up that I'll crash about four hours later, but I always do. Eurgh.

It's ok, I only have a limited amount of whiskey!

Latest