The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
Woo! I hope they give you drugs that make you as happy as a slow loris getting tickled. :h:

Have fun. :yep:

I find that making a list helps - something along the lines of

- clothes/underwear for one week
- toiletries/towel
- holiday stuff e.g. sunscreen, sunglasses :cool:
- stuff so you don't get bored, like books/mp3 player/pack of cards

Or if all else fails I just sit on the floor looking helpless til somebody else comes along and does it for me. :colondollar:

That's my usual trick. Having to do stuff for myself is haaaaard!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
That's my usual trick. Having to do stuff for myself is haaaaard!

:five: Together, you and me could fail to rule the world!
i am well sick of managers and people who arent doctors lying about their quals when they assess me or saying "im not an expert but i think you need A LOT OF THERAPY" LOL ok then.
Quotes from the last month or so I still want to reply to :tongue:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just paid for a subscription and seen my rep. I love you guys <3

Also found out that my girlfriend negged me once. Humpf.

One of the reasons I keep a sub :tongue:

People can be mean when negging. Despite being lovely to her, Laut always negs me :frown:

Original post by angelbones
:sexface:

It's consumerist bull****, but happy valentine's day!

Stayed over at my friends' last night on a whim. Our other friend was too preoccupied with her boyfriend, and she'd said some pretty nasty things to me in the afternoon, so J and I drank a lot and had the sort of emotional conversations that you only really have when you're drunk. Yey!

Happy valentine's day to you (and everyone else) as well!

Original post by Nut.
Yeah true enough. I should employ the trusty old take-one-day-at-a-time. It's difficult though.
Don't think I'll be able to afford a Masters, not sure yet. It's something I'm interested in, but I guess that's a future-worry and not a now-worry.

Spoiler

With a masters, if you do well in your undergrad you might be able to get sponsored by someone - but that is certainly something to think about near end of 2nd year.

Original post by SciFiBoy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
Getting so bored of being ill. I'm walking around like I'm half asleep. I tried to go into the shop earlier with a cigarette in my hand :facepalm2:.

Tomorrow I will go to a uni lecture, and it will be the first one of this semester. I have a 'workshop' before it, but I don't know what that is, and I haven't spoken to the two people I know on my course since the 16th of December, so texting them now would be a bit weird.
Uggg.

Guess I can just run away if it's a seminar style thing.

Or I could just run away in general. Go backpacking around Europe or something. :moon:

Run away to an island, and become the founder of dep soc island? You would be known in the history of dep soc forever! :moon:

Original post by SeaJay
:frown: Maybe it's just a matter of time for you + talking therapies. Drugs are so hit and miss for brain stuff. I feel 'lucky' that prozac is levelling me out a bit though, it doesn't seem to help for some. :hugs: right back atcha

:smile: Had a good night with my housemates last night. First time I've felt 'ok' in ages. We watched Serenity and I got a bit drunk without getting teary.

They're a little creeped out with how I am generally though. They don't really know how to treat me. Have had about 10 hours' sleep in the last 4 nights. :frown: So desperate to be able to switch off...

Aye, possibly. Has been 4 years now, various drugs and therapies, starting to lose faith in the NHS system.

Original post by Sabertooth
Alright, if we ever meet we can have a 100m race. I beat rmhumphries at wrestling so I'm willing to have a go against you too! :cool:

I know what you mean, I really couldn't be bothered but then I managed it and hell yeah it felt good.

My bets are on kka. You only beat me at westling because you got lucky!

Original post by kka25
I'm intrigued. But I would think I would be defeated easily really lol :colondollar:

Have faith in yourself! :hugs:

Original post by laut_biru
****ing hell Rob.

:Jumphugs:

No ****ing way are we not talking in real time, 'Dr' Adams can shove that idea firmly where the sun doesn't shine.

We are not, as this post proves. When we talk on Skype / etc, then that is real time, which only happens if I am feeling social and if we are on at similar times, if I went to bed at 10pm each night, I wouldn't see you online much, and wouldn't see Wolf at all.

Original post by catoswyn
Which area are you in? There is never one psychiatrist to whom you can be referred so far as I know. Psychiatrists always work in a mental health team and your GP will have referred you to that team which will include more than one psychiatrist. Did Dr Adams make another appointment with you or are you now signed off? If you are prescribed medication off licence (ie above the recommended dosage) you would have to still be his patient as he has to monitor you and only psychiatrists tend to do this off licence prescribing. GP's absolutely won't take the professional risk and will only fill the prescriptions if backed by a psych.

I only ask because the thing to do if you are still his patient is to think about requesting a transfer to another psychiatrist in the team. You have the right to do this. You can write in to the unit. Don't say its because you want a second opinion however because really you want a whole new doctor. You don't have to give any reason really and best not to imply you thought the last chap was an idiot (even if he was) as it can make the next doctor a bit wary. You are within your rights to request to transfer. (However there may be a delay if the other psych's lists are full.)

:smile:

Nottingham, at the Cripps Health Centre. I know I am under the only mental health services team in Nottingham, I don't know if there is more than Dr Adams working for them (I assume so). However, it may be that my GP is only able to refer me to them, and then they decide who I see.

And yes, despite not giving me any drugs in the end, he still made another appointment with me, which confuses me, each time he makes out there is basically nothing wrong, he still wants to see me again :s-smilie:

I imagine that changing would incur a 2month+ wait, so right now going to take the lazy option I think, and wait until the clinical psychologist referral comes through, hope that she agrees with me, then see if Dr Adams actually does something...

:h:

It was okay. The predrinking in the flat was better, as it always is. Kitchen got covered with glowstick gel, haha, it looked amazing. But when we get out, everyone sticks to their little friendship groups, and I get left to one side. Hohum.

Ughh, how are you even conscious at that time? That's about 15 minutes after I actually went to sleep :tongue: But ooh, coach going anywhere interesting?

Hmm, well glad that pre-drinking went well at least :smile: :hugs:

I am ok at getting up if I have to, although I don't like doing so. And nope, only went for a blood test in Nottingham, then back to Manc. Back in Nottingham again now though :tongue:

Original post by Nut.
Yeah I guess I could do that.

I find it really hard to talk when I'm feeling that low. It takes me at least half an hour to 'warm up', and even then I can only talk when I have a degree of trust with a person.
The crisis team have sent me 3 new people on their last visits. I understand that I can't see the same person every time, but I've met at least 10 of them now, and I'd rather stick to seeing one of those people than seeing yet another new person. They've said it's all complicated because it's a 24 hour service so they have weird shifts and stuff, and I get that, but considering that yesterday it took me an hour and a half to persuade the person who saw me not to section me, you'd think they'd try and send me someone familiar.

I think I should get a dictophone and record myself... sometimes when I'm in my room and feeling rubbish I'll just talk to myself, or talk to an old photograph and everything comes out really eloquently and it's exactly how I feel. Then when I actually see somebody I forget loads of things or just can't express myself.

Can you write a 'core' set of notes, which each person you see has to read, which gives them all the background? Not ideal, but better than you explaining it each time. Can have the core notes, and then a few extra notes for what is wrong that exact time, so you don't need to talk that much.

Original post by kka25
I'm waiting for my super slow internet connection to download a puny 24mb eBook :colonhash:

Meanwhile...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
:jumphug:

:jumphug: Did you get your eBook downloaded in the end, or are you still waiting? :tongue:

Got back to my flat after my lecture today and basically burst into tears. Dunno why.

Just want someone to put their arms around me and give me a big cuddle. I don't know why but the warmth and weight of another person is extremely comforting.

:hugs: :hugs:

That is a good step in the right direction, well done :hugs: If you want to talk at all, you know where I am :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
I got an appointment to see a psychiatrist today! :woo:

Now fingers crossed he's actually gonna do something to help. :crossedf:

Yay, well done! :smile: Good luck with it!
Back from shopping. Bought some razors. Oh dear :frown: Couldn't resist. I really am struggling; been storing up my meds too. I don't know how to get out of this slump.

Sorry for moaning yet again. But I really feel on the verge of doing something bad, to myself.
superwolf
x

:h: Hello again; it has been ages! Still really annoyed that they didn't send your parcel onto me :mad:
Original post by 35mm_
Back from shopping. Bought some razors. Oh dear :frown: Couldn't resist. I really am struggling; been storing up my meds too. I don't know how to get out of this slump.

Sorry for moaning yet again. But I really feel on the verge of doing something bad, to myself.

Spoiler

Original post by rmhumphries

Spoiler

Thank you :hugs: Not strong at all at the moment, though.
Just woke up. I'm really struggling with how tired I am all the time and just want to feel more normal, I don't know if this is a side effect of the citalopram or just the depression messing me up. Its like my M.E is back to its full blown scale.
Original post by 35mm_
Thank you :hugs: Not strong at all at the moment, though.

Is there anyone else who can help you?
Woo! I hope they give you drugs that make you as happy as a slow loris getting tickled. :h:

I wanted a slow loris after watching that until I read on Wiki that they're endangered because people keep taking them for the pet trade and pulling their teeth out (their bite is toxic) and so they die of malnutrition or infection :sad:
Original post by rmhumphries
Is there anyone else who can help you?

Not really. Not under a crisis team, my CPN is off, don't see my psychiatrist until Monday. My mum's completely oblivious and her boyfriend is a prick; so I don't really have many people.
Reply 3372
Original post by xbethany
I have my first meeting with a psychiatric nurse in a few hours... Ergh, I don't want to go. I don't think I need to!

How'd it go?
:five: Together, you and me could fail to rule the world!

And we'd do a mighty awful job at it too :colone:
Hello again. Hopefully ill actually remember to talk in this society every so often. Working on speaking to others without being paralysed with fear. Volunteered with some interviews around university, stumbled all over my words but got through it. Going home for a week soon so ill be feeling significantly less homesick. On the other hand, had a fairly big problem when someone changed my relationship status on facebook when i was away from my computer, which when i changed it back had loads of people asking is it true? i dont believe you etc. Long explanations and a day of crying involved there whilst trying to convince myself theyre joking.
Original post by Sultana
How'd it go?

Yeah it was alright. Bit awkward, and I doubt it's going to help, but not as bad as counselling, haha!
Thanks for asking! :jumphug:
Reply 3376
Hey, got an appointment next week to see the uni councilor.... fingers crossed it will help turn things around.
I very much dislike my phone at the moment.

I was expecting a call from the Uni counselling offices today. I checked my phone on my lunch break and found a voice-mail from them, but didn't have the time to deal with it there and then. Now my phone won't let me access any known voice-mails.
Amitriptyline, tremors on my hands/fingers, sleeping 12 hours everday, is this normal? Does it wear off?
Well...that was a waste of time. :sigh:

Not sure what I expected them to do but I've tried too many different drugs and I'm already on really high dosages so he's not going to do anything about them. Sleep? Well that's a bugger apparently but again I've tried too many different drugs so we're going to try one I've tried and had no luck with before. Also got the number for the crisis team and a referral to a hearing voices group, whatever that is. Anyone been to one? Also got offered hospital...no ****ing way in hell.

Latest