The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

All I want is a friend.
Reply 4021
Original post by SeaJay
:colondollar: Well gosh, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

Spoiler

:hugs:

Spoiler

---

Had an excellent day today. Went out, alone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Feeling really ****- thinking about my future and it is going to be dire. In fact I am going to come out of uni with no training contract at hand. I do have a lot of exp as many employer have told me that I have the skills but it will be difficult to get a tc due to a lot of firms cutting numbers down.

I am on course of a 2.2 degree since I ****ed up my last year and most of the c/work and exam this year. Been through a hell of a lot- personal stuff.

Not sure what to do :frown:
Original post by littleshambles
i'm off the quetiapine completely because **** that. Only slept 5 hours last night, making up for the sleep marathon it put me on, should all be back to normal after tonight. Although i am slightly planning on going out. Not sure if i can be arsed though because it's in south london and i'm, well, not, and half the tube is down... On the other hand it's a great opportunity... Meh dunno. Feel normal today. Normal. Gonna start getting my life sorted out for real on monday, book some shifts and everything. :fluffy:

lies.

All lies.
Original post by Anonymous
All I want is a friend.
You'll always have friends here in the Depression Society! :smile:
Has anybody here ever emailed the Samaritans?
I was just wondering if there is any way at all that my mum would find out about it if I did?
If they thought I was in great danger would they phone an ambulance or anything? They are the lost things I want to happen.
Really struggling atm :frown:
I was just wondering if there is any way at all that my mum would find out about it if I did?
If they thought I was in great danger would they phone an ambulance or anything? They are the lost things I want to happen.

I've emailed and phoned the samaritans before. I don't think they'll call you an ambulance unless you're being irrational. As long as you're rational and don't present an immediate threat I don't think they'd call one. Your mum probably wouldn't find out either unless you regularly let her read your emails. You can always delete it after they respond. A word of warning though sometimes it can take almost 24 hours to get an email response.
lies.

All lies.

Why? :frown:
Original post by ViceVersa
Why? :frown:

feel depressed as i ever did tonight. oh well, least i got a week off. :moon:
Original post by Sabertooth
I've emailed and phoned the samaritans before. I don't think they'll call you an ambulance unless you're being irrational. As long as you're rational and don't present an immediate threat I don't think they'd call one. Your mum probably wouldn't find out either unless you regularly let her read your emails. You can always delete it after they respond. A word of warning though sometimes it can take almost 24 hours to get an email response.

Thanks. My mum never reads my emails so I'm fine on that front.
feel depressed as i ever did tonight. oh well, least i got a week off. :moon:

:console:

Wanna talk to me about it? You're welcome to.
Yeah, just put it in the tray and got away from it as quickly as I could :tongue: Everybody had done 8+ pages and mine was one and a half so my teacher will probably make me redo it. He was going through bits that we should have included and mine sounded nothing like anybody else's. :rolleyes:
Do you remember the RE test I was worried about and did no absolutely no revision for? I got somehow got 100% :laugh: Nonsensical rambling is clearly a winner!
Got my exam timetable for summer exams today, I have 12 and everybody else seems to have 7 or 8. Not sure why I have so many, none are even resits.
I have also realised that I only ever feel on edge and have a sore chest when I'm in large classrooms with lots going on, not sure if they are related.

I'm sure she'll be really pleased to see you.
That's good, hope it all goes well :hugs:

Well you still gave something in. :hugs:
Woooo! :biggrin:
Well done! I reckon nonsensical rambling is what RE is all about! :tongue:
Wow that's tough! Hmm could be, how many of your classes are large?

Pretty sure your mum wouldn't find out. Sorry you're struggling. :console:
If there's anything you need to let out, you always can. Hope you feel better soon. Sending mega hugs your way. :hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:

Feeling really ****- thinking about my future and it is going to be dire. In fact I am going to come out of uni with no training contract at hand. I do have a lot of exp as many employer have told me that I have the skills but it will be difficult to get a tc due to a lot of firms cutting numbers down.

I am on course of a 2.2 degree since I ****ed up my last year and most of the c/work and exam this year. Been through a hell of a lot- personal stuff.

Not sure what to do :frown:

:console: How much of this year do you have left that counts towards your final mark?

I've never heard of Samaritans calling an ambulance or the police. I've told them before that I am going to kill myself, and we have talked about it and I we have left the conversation with me saying I am still going to kill myself and they have never told anyone. You can definitely trust them.
Well you still gave something in. :hugs:
Woooo! :biggrin:
Well done! I reckon nonsensical rambling is what RE is all about! :tongue:
Wow that's tough! Hmm could be, how many of your classes are large?

Pretty sure your mum wouldn't find out. Sorry you're struggling. :console:
If there's anything you need to let out, you always can. Hope you feel better soon. Sending mega hugs your way. :hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:

Just over half I'd say, so at least it's not all of them.
Thanks again :hugs:
I really would like to talk but it'd be deleted here so would it be OK if you sent me a PM? If you don't mind breaking your anonymity obviously. My username is K a t i c k l e (altogether though). As it's my Twitter user too I don't want people searching it and seeing my posts here.

How are you today? :hugs:
Original post by bullettheory
I've never heard of Samaritans calling an ambulance or the police. I've told them before that I am going to kill myself, and we have talked about it and I we have left the conversation with me saying I am still going to kill myself and they have never told anyone. You can definitely trust them.

OK, thanks.
Just over half I'd say, so at least it's not all of them.
Thanks again :hugs:
I really would like to talk but it'd be deleted here so would it be OK if you sent me a PM? If you don't mind breaking your anonymity obviously. My username is K a t i c k l e (altogether though). As it's my Twitter user too I don't want people searching it and seeing my posts here.

How are you today? :hugs:

No problem, the only reason I'm anon is because my brother knows my username.

I'm fine thanks, can't complain. Saw my grandma and she seems well.
I'll send you that pm now. :hugs:
No problem, the only reason I'm anon is because my brother knows my username.

I'm fine thanks, can't complain. Saw my grandma and she seems well.
I'll send you that pm now. :hugs:

Ever thought about just creating another account?
:console:

Wanna talk to me about it? You're welcome to.

im not sure theres anything to say. before i was high now i am low. same old same old tbh. i don't even know who "normal mood" me is anymore.
im not sure theres anything to say. before i was high now i am low. same old same old tbh. i don't even know who "normal mood" me is anymore.

Oh okay, I can understand that very well. I hope you at least feel better soon.
Ever thought about just creating another account?

Was thinking it earlier actually, that would probably make more sense, thanks. :tongue:
How are you tonight?

Latest