The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Botticello
Oh my god.. aforementioned housemate said "I was a bit depressed during GCSEs" and I asked what it felt like, he said "I had no friends and was sad sometimes". That's not clinical depression you ****ing stupid mong!!!! Everyone goes through that! If you have to ask someone what it's like then you have never had it. The adjective and the medical condition are two different things.

The good news is I feel completely fine! Withdrawal is over, when I get my hands on some money I will party!

Yay! party time :danceboy:

Original post by ViceVersa
Soo soo close to SHing. Don't think I'll be able to stop myself :cry: I don't even know how to feel right now.

:console: Please don't.
Soo soo close to SHing. Don't think I'll be able to stop myself :cry: I don't even know how to feel right now.
You really don't need to feel this way. Remember, it's all in your head. :hugs: If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM. :smile:

:hugs: :jumphug: Please don't, you've been so so strong, you can keep it up :hugs:
Went to buy my sister's prom dress today and I sat in the changing room with her (those dresses are stupidly fiddly!). She has scratches on her arms and legs :frown: I thought knew something was going on but I didn't know she was self harming.
Reply 4064
Back at uni after a few days away.

Still feel just... empty. It's like there's a big, aching hole inside of me.

I need to find a reason to keep going or some goals to achieve that don't seem utterly meaningless.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Went to buy my sister's prom dress today and I sat in the changing room with her (those dresses are stupidly fiddly!). She has scratches on her arms and legs :frown: I thought knew something was going on but I didn't know she was self harming.

Sorry to hear that :hugs:.

I'm really paranoid about my mum or sister following me into a changing room because of my cuts. My sister doesn't know I SH but my mum does, although not the full extent of it I don't think.
Original post by ParadoxSocks

:hugs: I'm really sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to her openly about it?
Reply 4067
Original post by Botticello
Oh my god.. aforementioned housemate said "I was a bit depressed during GCSEs" and I asked what it felt like, he said "I had no friends and was sad sometimes". That's not clinical depression you ****ing stupid mong!!!! Everyone goes through that! If you have to ask someone what it's like then you have never had it. The adjective and the medical condition are two different things.

The good news is I feel completely fine! Withdrawal is over, when I get my hands on some money I will party!
He said a "a bit depressed" not "I had clinical depression", so that is your own mistake there. Having no friends would make most people very unhappy; how sad someone is isn't a competition. Quite a nasty little post there.
Reply 4068
Original post by FuzzySheep
I feel so dead inside, but I can't stop crying, this is horrible
Has the family situation gotten worse or is it something else?
Definitely reached a new low when I can't even trust myself with a kettle.
Original post by Jackso
Has the family situation gotten worse or is it something else?

Something else, well lots of little things really, but I'm just going to wait till it passes, nothing more I can do. Home is mostly okay now though. Thank you for asking :hugs: how have you been?
Reply 4071
Original post by FuzzySheep
Something else, well lots of little things really, but I'm just going to wait till it passes, nothing more I can do. Home is mostly okay now though. Thank you for asking :hugs: how have you been?
Fair enough. =| Glad to hear about the home not being as stressful, though. :smile: Yeah, I'm okay thanks - Just a tad anxious about Thursday (exam results, ect, am a retake student.)
Original post by Jackso
Fair enough. =| Glad to hear about the home not being as stressful, though. :smile: Yeah, I'm okay thanks - Just a tad anxious about Thursday (exam results, ect, am a retake student.)

I've managed to get some support from social services for my sister which has done the world of good. But yeah, it's better. :smile: I know what you mean about Thursday, just keep positive, fingers crossed you get what you need. :smile:
The poll's up on the Depression Society Meet thread guys, if you fancy voting. :smile:
Reply 4074
Still don't feel better. Earlier I heard my mum talking to my dad about me, and its clear that she is not taking me seriously. :frown:
I keep doing stupid things :frown:
Original post by avhhs
Still don't feel better. Earlier I heard my mum talking to my dad about me, and its clear that she is not taking me seriously. :frown:

I overheard my mum telling my stepdad that she's ashamed of the way I've turned up and that I cut for attention. That's what triggered a 'crisis' last night. Hope you feel better soon, I really do. I think parents think that denial is better than accepting that their child is, in fact, ill.
Reply 4077
Somewhere between happy, and a total ****ing wreck
Feet sometimes on solid ground, sometimes at the edge
To spend your waking moments, simply killing time
Is to give up on your hopes and dreams, to give up on your...

Life for you, has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive, is what makes us who we are

An obvious disinterest, a barely managed smile
A deep nod in agreement, a status quo exile
I shirk my obligations, I miss all your deadlines
I excel at quitting early, and ****ing up my life

Tunneee :h:
Original post by avhhs

Original post by 35mm_
I overheard my mum telling my stepdad that she's ashamed of the way I've turned up and that I cut for attention. That's what triggered a 'crisis' last night. Hope you feel better soon, I really do. I think parents think that denial is better than accepting that their child is, in fact, ill.

I can completely relate to you both, it's horrible when the people who are supposed to love and care for you the most think it's a "phase" or something done for attention. :frown:
Original post by Idle
Somewhere between happy, and a total ****ing wreck
Feet sometimes on solid ground, sometimes at the edge
To spend your waking moments, simply killing time
Is to give up on your hopes and dreams, to give up on your...

Life for you, has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive, is what makes us who we are

An obvious disinterest, a barely managed smile
A deep nod in agreement, a status quo exile
I shirk my obligations, I miss all your deadlines
I excel at quitting early, and ****ing up my life

Tunneee :h:

All smiles and sunshine, a perfect world on a perfect day, everything always works out, I have never felt so ****ing great. :h:

Latest