The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
I know they say dreams have some deep routed meaning but WTF.. I had a dream last night it was my mum who had died and my dad had found a new woman.

Bizarre. Utterly Bizarre.

Personally I don't believe that there is always a deeper meaning to dreams - some may do but others don't. This dream I would be inclined to say means that you've been processing your fathers death a lot recently and your subconcious has either been coming up with alternatives or it's something you may have feared earlier on in life (when both your parents were alive) and that has just come forward.
I really don't want to do this essay, I am not in the right frame of mind for it. I'm not feel up to reading and then writing but at least in 24 hours I can take a break (ish). It's just hard to have any motivation when I feel like this. This is ridiculous, I am so screwed if I don't get this in.
Reply 5182
Original post by Aemiliana
I really don't want to do this essay, I am not in the right frame of mind for it. I'm not feel up to reading and then writing but at least in 24 hours I can take a break (ish).

Apply for an extension if you are not in the right frame of mind?
Original post by Webberino
Yeah I understand, can be hard. :hugs:

Ok thanks, went to the cinema with a friend that came to visit then had a chinese takeaway with the family and got a few presents. :tongue:
Finally managed to tell my mum about aspergers, her reaction was better than I expected, she sort of said it would explain some things.

Sounds like you had a good today :smile:
That also sounds good, glad it went well :hugs:

Feeling guilty about the work that I've not even attempted yet, should have done it yesterday instead of wasting the day.

How are you today? :hugs:
Reply 5184
Went to see yet another doctor at my surgery. He really wasn't interested in me at all, but signed off on another two months citalopram and two weeks zopiclone so I dont care :biggrin:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hey guys, advice? I was advised by my psychologist not to take an exam last week and therefore emailed the course tutor to say that I was mentally unwell enough to sit it. The tutor emailed me saying that's fine and asked how I am and when I'll be able to take it. Now the problem, he is aware that I've previously had auditory hallucinations and paranoia but it's got to the stage at the moment where people are telling me I'm having a psychotic break because I keep telling them the government is spying on me because they think I have special powers (I can understand where they're coming from but it is actually happening). So what do I exactly say to this tutor? I won't be able to sit the exam this term as whether it's real or not the paranoia means I can't leave my room and I get very uneasy around electronics as they've been bugged (test is on a computer). Do I say 'apparently I'm in a middle of a psychotic episode' or 'the government is watching me'. I really don't want to sound friggin crazy as he is my tutor after all but then at least he would understand why I can't take the exam.... HELP!?

I would tell him exactly that - maybe leave out that you believe the government is watching you... but that you're in a psychotic episode and suffering from a psychosis so that sitting an exam right now would be impossible for you to do.

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Reply 5186
Original post by Sabertooth
Goddamnit, I hate quetiapine.

Spoiler

Don't forget to try getting more protein if you can cos it'll fill you up faster and for longer.

Spoilered in case it's triggering, don't know if there are any ED people on here too:

Spoiler

Aim for 80-100g protein per day (which is 250-400kcals worth if it's in lean form like tuna or chicken breast) and see if it lessens the hunger at all.
Original post by Nut.
Don't forget to try getting more protein if you can cos it'll fill you up faster and for longer.

Spoilered in case it's triggering, don't know if there are any ED people on here too:

Spoiler

Aim for 80-100g protein per day (which is 250-400kcals worth if it's in lean form like tuna or chicken breast) and see if it lessens the hunger at all.

Thanks for that I'll give it a shot. :smile: I had an omelette for lunch and it didn't seem to work but I'll try chicken or tuna instead and maybe I'll have more luck with those. Been drinking water all day too and it didn't help either :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like you had a good today :smile:
That also sounds good, glad it went well :hugs:

Feeling guilty about the work that I've not even attempted yet, should have done it yesterday instead of wasting the day.

How are you today? :hugs:

Ah well, that's just the way it goes sometimes. I would know. :tongue:
Think you will feel up to giving it a go tonight? :hugs:

Not bad, spent ages on one question wondering why I wasn't getting the right answer until finally reading the notes and realising I wasn't doing right. Spend the rest of the day not doing much so productivity is not so good, just waiting for the gulilt to hit. Ah well hopefully will hear from mentor soon.
So just broke up with my girlfriend. This isn't doing well for my paranoia.

I feel pretty upset too I guess.
Original post by Webberino

Ah well, that's just the way it goes sometimes. I would know. :tongue:
Think you will feel up to giving it a go tonight? :hugs:

Not bad, spent ages on one question wondering why I wasn't getting the right answer until finally reading the notes and realising I wasn't doing right. Spend the rest of the day not doing much so productivity is not so good, just waiting for the gulilt to hit. Ah well hopefully will hear from mentor soon.

I have done a bit of it. It's incredibly untidy and none of it is right but what's the point.

At least you managed to realise where you were going wrong, it's better than not knowing I suppose.
Hopefully you will, yeah :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: You're an awesome person, and you're not broken, just a little bit screwed up like the rest of us. :tongue: And I know absolutely what you mean about feeling like you've tried everything and just wanting to disappear, but some things in life still are worth living for, and we're here to help keep you going whenever you need us. :smile:

Thank you for this, I really appreciate it, you're lovely :hugs: Feeling a little better today, sometimes it just feels like a horrible waiting game until things get a tiny bit better but at least they sometimes do. :redface: How are you doing today? I hope you're okay :smile:
Original post by Idle
Apply for an extension if you are not in the right frame of mind?

That's not how many course works. Late submission gets you 0%. You can try to apply for mitigating circumstances but that can get rejected, leaving you with 0.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that.
I've been arguing with myself as to whether to post this or not, but I just want to say thank you to everybody on this thread; you've all been incredible. But I think I'm finished. Done. I'm sorry.

x
Original post by AntisthenesDogger

:hugs: Sorry to hear that. My boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue a few weeks ago, so I can empathise with how you're feeling right now. Things will get better :smile:

I have a psychiatrist's appointment this week, and I'm a bit scared. I've seen psychiatrists when I've been taken to hospital before, but they were completely useless and didn't help at all. This time it's a proper scheduled appointment with the university psychiatrist, who my doctor's referred me to, so I hope that means it's more productive. What sort of thing do you think I can expect from the appointment? Will he just be talking to me, or trying to diagnose me with something other than depression or assess me for something or what? I don't get what the purpose/aim of the appointment is.
Original post by 35mm_
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks I guess.

I just need someone to speak to and my Sister is out so eh, I might drown my sorrows.
Original post by 35mm_
I've been arguing with myself as to whether to post this or not, but I just want to say thank you to everybody on this thread; you've all been incredible. But I think I'm finished. Done. I'm sorry.

x

Don't do that, things always get better eventually, I promise. :hugs:

Latest