The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6000
Original post by Phoenix07
Well I didn't notice a difference on medication but those around me said that I seemed calmer so who knows :smile:

haha no no, I am sure you are much better looking than me hun :tongue: well it doesn't matter if you are having issues, you should just explain to your teachers about how difficult you are finding everything atm, they will understand it all :hugs:

Sorry to hear your moods gone back down though :frown: anything I can do to help cheer you up? :hugs:

So it probably does work :smile:

Nah you look way better :smile:. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the learning mentor and tell him what happened. It doesn't help that I left my textbook in the class on Monday :cry2:. I just don't feel that I can continue with this anymore. I just want to give up on studying.

I dunno. I want to add you on Facebook. Also are you coming to the London meet? Can't really think of anything else right now. :hugs: How are you feeling?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
You could mention that he said to see him and he might take it from there :hugs:

I suppose so, just frustrating sometimes.

Hopefully, am probably getting worked up over nothing. Thanks :hugs:

I know :console:
Hope tomorrow is a little better. :hugs:
Original post by Mal94
Got to type up a 2500 word report for physics and chem, Microsoft word just crashed and the physics file has been lost, I spent my whole weekend on that!!! I'm actually ragin', I cried for a bit and lost my temper on my siblings, now I have to start again :frown:
To top it off, I'm failing all my chem NABs and my mums been on my case about how I'm such a failure and how I'm never gonna survive the 'real' world, why does my life suck?!!

That's awful :console:
Hopefully if you let your tutor know what happened you can more time.

Original post by Angury

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by The_Male_Melons
I dont wanna say on here in a public forum but essentially a) personal stuff and b) God ain't helping me , and duno where the big guy is.

I ruined my life and there is no hope for me. :frown::frown::frown:

You can always pm me if you like...I have college tomorrow and I dont want to go. I hate being with the people in my class. They are the competitive type and love to see people fail, I get a real bad aura from them. I just feel so isolated and in my own little world in the classroom even though I am surrounded by people. Hate this feeling...my attendance has really taken a dive in the last month or so..dont know what to do anymore. Oh, and I ran out of my medication, asked for a repeat prescription only to be given my propanalol and not the sertraline. Great! And because I couldnt be bothered to walk back to the GP, and literally 'talk' to the receptionist I came home without my medication. Requesting the RIGHT prescription tomorrow morning feels like I am about to embark upon climbing Mount Everest. Its been 3 days since I last took anti-depressants and starting to feel the difference already, life feels bleak etc.
Original post by Mon.MD
You can always pm me if you like...I have college tomorrow and I dont want to go. I hate being with the people in my class. They are the competitive type and love to see people fail, I get a real bad aura from them. I just feel so isolated and in my own little world in the classroom even though I am surrounded by people. Hate this feeling...my attendance has really taken a dive in the last month or so..dont know what to do anymore. Oh, and I ran out of my medication, asked for a repeat prescription only to be given my propanalol and not the sertraline. Great! And because I couldnt be bothered to walk back to the GP, and literally 'talk' to the receptionist I came home without my medication. Requesting the RIGHT prescription tomorrow morning feels like I am about to embark upon climbing Mount Everest. Its been 3 days since I last took anti-depressants and starting to feel the difference already, life feels bleak etc.

might jsut do that. I missed so much uni cos I don't want to go as well. I exactly know what you mean. People like to see you fail, the bad aura. I know exactly what you mean. Plus with me, they are all rich, posh and me, I am just poor. I need to go to my GP, I been cancelling appointments but was thinking of needing medication. I just can't do it. :frown:
I hate going to uni and seeing people. I can't do it. :frown: I get paranoid that people are mocking me or waiting to humiliate me :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by paddy__power
I know that feel.

When all is said and done only you can effect change in your life though. You know how you destroyed it so you know how you could possibly fix it (in many cases). If you don't try you will just slide evermore towards a place you can't drag yourself back from. If you find that a "god" (or the notion of) can help you then so be it, but waiting for it to "send you a sign" or somesuch won't help. The world is a sad place full of injustice and tears but there is always hope, even if you can't quite feel it at the moment. For you it may be your god, for others the eyes of their children and for many tomorrow brings hope if only the hope of an abdication from all that is today. It really is up to you to find your hope because without that we do have nothing, and may as well fade into history.

In short: just get drunk and cry it out. ^^

It is not nice. :frown:

I destroyed it.I can't see any hope of changing it. I can't even move on. It is like this tumour that has to be stuck on to my life. I really effed up.
The only thing that kept me going in life was God. I always watied for him to answer my prayers. Sometimes, even when a good thing came along , I was glad and thanked the big guy. I not had anything good happen to me for a loooong time, years... :frown: Now I lost all hope, I feel my life is shuffling abt from one bin to another.

Cry it out- I dunno but not cried in ages. I just can't even though I wanna though. Don't drink though.
might jsut do that. I missed so much uni cos I don't want to go as well. I exactly know what you mean. People like to see you fail, the bad aura. I know exactly what you mean. Plus with me, they are all rich, posh and me, I am just poor. I need to go to my GP, I been cancelling appointments but was thinking of needing medication. I just can't do it. :frown:
I hate going to uni and seeing people. I can't do it. :frown:

Wow you sound exactly like myself, you single? I joke..:tongue: No seriously, I could have wrote this post word for word. Im another one that cancels appointments left right and center. Oh, and I have a wierd problem with leaving the house. Sometimes I just spend days and days inside, because I just dont want to see anyone.
Reply 6007
I wish I could, but the rough draft has to be in by the end of this week and my teacher has been hassling me for ages to get it in :frown:
I am so sleep deprived its ridiculous!! Such a downer mood today
But I hope you feel better, I find sometimes it's better to talk to people not just about how you're feeling but just general stuff that's going on in your life, I don't speak to my parents much for mainly the same reasons but my sister is also very understanding, she is a year younger than me. D'you have anyone close to you about your own age that you feel you can share this stuff with, cos I think that could help, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Mon.MD
Wow you sound exactly like myself, you single? I joke..:tongue: No seriously, I could have wrote this post word for word. Im another one that cancels appointments left right and center. Oh, and I have a wierd problem with leaving the house. Sometimes I just spend days and days inside, because I just dont want to see anyone.

lol, We do sound a like. Yep to your question lool, you?
I am so reserved, and introvert. I can't open my life to some stranger. When I was at my lowest point, I did go and forced myself to get help. Now,I regret it and feel like why should I open my life. At least on here, I am anon and no one knws me.

I can't leave the house as well. I rather spend days inside watching daytime on ITV. Saame, I hate going out and seeing people. I can't do it.

Uni- I force myself, really force myself to go. I feel so isolated when I am there. I am paranoid, scared and feel like I am **** in comparison to everyone else.
Original post by avhhs
So it probably does work :smile:

Nah you look way better :smile:. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the learning mentor and tell him what happened. It doesn't help that I left my textbook in the class on Monday :cry2:. I just don't feel that I can continue with this anymore. I just want to give up on studying.

I dunno. I want to add you on Facebook. Also are you coming to the London meet? Can't really think of anything else right now. :hugs: How are you feeling?

Yer at least it must have worked again, so I will give the meds another go :smile:

Well just talk to the college I am sure that they will be able to help out hun, they will probably have dealt with this type of thing before! I have often felt like giving up with my degree, but I know that if I want to do stuff after this I have got to push myself through it. You just have to ask for help and keep trying to get through it if you want to hun :smile:

Don't really know about the London meet, messed up giving work my account info and so haven't been paid yet, so really don't think I can afford to do anything till I get paid! But will see when the money comes through :smile: you definitely going t the london meet then? I am feeling so full, I have just binged on pretty much all of the food in this house .... feeling so ill!

:hugs:
lol, We do sound a like. Yep to your question lool, you?
I am so reserved, and introvert. I can't open my life to some stranger. When I was at my lowest point, I did go and forced myself to get help. Now,I regret it and feel like why should I open my life. At least on here, I am anon and no one knws me.

I can't leave the house as well. I rather spend days inside watching daytime on ITV. Saame, I hate going out and seeing people. I can't do it.

Uni- I force myself, really force myself to go. I feel so isolated when I am there. I am paranoid, scared and feel like I am **** in comparison to everyone else.

Im not single unfortunately, haha. But right now I do feel single, my partner doesnt understand my depression. Id even go as far to say he is bored with my depression...he prefers me when I am on medication and I am docile and numb to anything...:frown: I usually stay in bed when Im at home all day and look at threads on internet forums as a result my eyesight has got progressively worse over the last few years..I literally have to psyche myself up to go into college, I find myself immensely bored out of my skull...Im so disappointed with academia, there is no room for creativity, innovative thought. Just..'this is the way it is' learn it. How sad...I am happiest when I am teaching myself, which is why I know I will have a phD one day as that sounds like a dream. Lock me in a lab somewhere, and I just sit on my own writing essays that are my own thoughts and ideas and get paid for it. Rather than just endlessly spew out someone elses ideas, it bores me so much. I see how stressed I get at being around people, and how unwell I feel most days. Maybe, a solitary career might be the way forward..
Original post by avhhs
I don't know why I decided to have a competition with my friend over whose life is worse. The focus soon turned to me when I told her its almost certain that I have depression, and want to leave school. She suddenly left me, saying she can't help me and needs to go to sleep.

I wouldnt say she is a very nice friend, if she left you when you felt that way...So sorry about that. Ive learnt to not tell anyone about my depression because most of the time people dont care as awful as that sounds. I tell people at college I have 'ongoing' health problems. They have not probed me further, therefore I feel vindicated in my decision to not say what it really is..
Original post by Mon.MD
Im not single unfortunately, haha. But right now I do feel single, my partner doesnt understand my depression. Id even go as far to say he is bored with my depression...he prefers me when I am on medication and I am docile and numb to anything...:frown: I usually stay in bed when Im at home all day and look at threads on internet forums as a result my eyesight has got progressively worse over the last few years..I literally have to psyche myself up to go into college, I find myself immensely bored out of my skull...Im so disappointed with academia, there is no room for creativity, innovative thought. Just..'this is the way it is' learn it. How sad...I am happiest when I am teaching myself, which is why I know I will have a phD one day as that sounds like a dream. Lock me in a lab somewhere, and I just sit on my own writing essays that are my own thoughts and ideas and get paid for it. Rather than just endlessly spew out someone elses ideas, it bores me so much. I see how stressed I get at being around people, and how unwell I feel most days. Maybe, a solitary career might be the way forward..

aww. Have you tried talking to your partner abt your thoughts and feelings?

Same, I watch telly and trawl on interent forums all days. Rather do that than do work. I find it boring.

I had hopes one day even going far as doing PhD- that is outta of the door. I hate my degree :frown:

I feel so depressed and **** most of the times, that I purposely sometimes don;'t bother revising or even answer an exam question cos I wanna fail so i can confirm to the world that I am ****. That makes me feel even worse. I sound ridiculous and stupid.

:cry2:

Lock you in lab- lol. You thinking of becomming a scientist?
Reply 6013
Original post by Phoenix07
Yer at least it must have worked again, so I will give the meds another go :smile:

Well just talk to the college I am sure that they will be able to help out hun, they will probably have dealt with this type of thing before! I have often felt like giving up with my degree, but I know that if I want to do stuff after this I have got to push myself through it. You just have to ask for help and keep trying to get through it if you want to hun :smile:

Don't really know about the London meet, messed up giving work my account info and so haven't been paid yet, so really don't think I can afford to do anything till I get paid! But will see when the money comes through :smile: you definitely going t the london meet then? I am feeling so full, I have just binged on pretty much all of the food in this house .... feeling so ill!

I really don't know what to do now. I might try tomorrow, but there is a strike. I don't think I'll go into school tomorrow. Just can't face it.

Don't worry too much about it. I definitely should be going. Hope that money comes through. And hope you feel better soon :console:.

I don't know why I decided to have a competition with my friend over whose life is worse. The focus soon turned to me when I told her its almost certain that I have depression, and want to leave school. She suddenly left me, saying she can't help me and needs to go to sleep. How convenient.

aww. Have you tried talking to your partner abt your thoughts and feelings?

Same, I watch telly and trawl on interent forums all days. Rather do that than do work. I find it boring.

I had hopes one day even going far as doing PhD- that is outta of the door. I hate my degree :frown:

I feel so depressed and **** most of the times, that I purposely sometimes don;'t bother revising or even answer an exam question cos I wanna fail so i can confirm to the world that I am ****. That makes me feel even worse. I sound ridiculous and stupid.

Lock you in lab- lol. You thinking of becomming a scientist?

Yeah I have spoken to him about it, and we have a daughter together so he is supportive on the whole but I think nobody can get what I am feeling. They would need to feel my pain in order to understand and as much as I would want him to know how I truely feel for one day, I wouldnt wish what I feel on my worst enemy. What course are you doing? Yeah, I recently did something similar with an exam I had. It was statistics, walked in, wrote my name and left. Even though, I knew I could do it. I didnt even care either, which worries me...so now I have to sit it this week Friday, but thinking about emailing tutor and asking whether I can do it over the easter holidays instead. Do your tutors know about your depression, ive let all of mine know...it may help with extensions etc. I have made full use of my extensions/mitigating circumtances now as I just generally dont care at all.

And yes, since I am clearly incapable of getting into medical school..I am coming round to the idea of being a scientist. Maybe I was rejected for a reason, as I am getting older I like people less and less.
Reply 6015
Reply 6016
Original post by Mon.MD
I wouldnt say she is a very nice friend, if she left you when you felt that way...So sorry about that. Ive learnt to not tell anyone about my depression because most of the time people dont care as awful as that sounds. I tell people at college I have 'ongoing' health problems. They have not probed me further, therefore I feel vindicated in my decision to not say what it really is..

:console: That doesn't sound good. Normally she is very caring. But she always says no when I ask her if she wants to go out somewhere with me. She has really helped me though. :smile:

Hugs, are you ok? x

What's the matter? :frown:
Reply 6019
Original post by Mon.MD
Hugs, are you ok? x

just feeling quite blue, I like someone and they don't like me :frown:

Latest