The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zerm
just feeling quite blue, I like someone and they don't like me :frown:

Is it someone you want to have a relationship with? Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels to be pushed away..
Reply 6021
someone from work but they don't find me attractive :s:
I'm going through that period of enlightenment when you start to realise how insignificant your problems and ambitions are; nothing seems to matter anymore. People say I've been blessed with my life and situation (socio-economic background) and that I should make the most of all my resources and opportunity, but what use is any of it if I can't make myself happy? If I can't help others who deserve it?

I have an end of unit assessment exam tomorrow for psychology, and I haven't revised. Why bother?
Original post by avhhs
I really don't know what to do now. I might try tomorrow, but there is a strike. I don't think I'll go into school tomorrow. Just can't face it.

Don't worry too much about it. I definitely should be going. Hope that money comes through. And hope you feel better soon :console:.

I don't know why I decided to have a competition with my friend over whose life is worse. The focus soon turned to me when I told her its almost certain that I have depression, and want to leave school. She suddenly left me, saying she can't help me and needs to go to sleep. How convenient.

:hugs:

Well if you feel that you need to take some time off to sort stuff out then you should, but you need to go in at some point and explain to them exactly what is going on with you. I know its difficult hun but its best for you in the long run!

Yer I hope me money comes through too, would really like to meet everyone! And thanks hun, really need to get my eating sorted its all over the place atm :frown:

I think so people really do have difficulties understanding and helping with these things. They just don't know what to do with it all, it is a real shame she didn't feel like she was able to help you deal with it though hun! But that is what we are all here for ... hope you are feeling up soon :hugs:
Original post by zerm
someone from work but they don't find me attractive :s:

Hmmm yeah, well that can feel pretty rubbish. I find sometimes acting the opposite of how they expect you too can work wonders....I would just act indifferent round them now. Some people like a chase, I dont advocate game playing but some people are wired this way. Anyhow the world is a big place and Im sure you will like someone else eventually....and feelings can also change
Reply 6025
Original post by Mon.MD
Hmmm yeah, well that can feel pretty rubbish. I find sometimes acting the opposite of how they expect you too can work wonders....I would just act indifferent round them now. Some people like a chase, I dont advocate game playing but some people are wired this way. Anyhow the world is a big place and Im sure you will like someone else eventually....and feelings can also change

they said (i'm saying they because I don't want to say the sex) they find brunettes attractive and I'm a blonde. Maybe I'm just reading too deep and your'e right if I pretend I don't care then maybe it might change something.
Original post by zerm
they said (i'm saying they because I don't want to say the sex) they find brunettes attractive and I'm a blonde. Maybe I'm just reading too deep and your'e right if I pretend I don't care then maybe it might change something.

Well there are plenty of people out there that love blondes. Me included...Im a woman but I just love blonde hair in a man or woman I think its really pretty. And anyway there is more to attraction than hair colour, this person sounds pretty shallow no? xx
Reply 6027
Original post by Phoenix07
Well if you feel that you need to take some time off to sort stuff out then you should, but you need to go in at some point and explain to them exactly what is going on with you. I know its difficult hun but its best for you in the long run!

Yer I hope me money comes through too, would really like to meet everyone! And thanks hun, really need to get my eating sorted its all over the place atm :frown:

I think so people really do have difficulties understanding and helping with these things. They just don't know what to do with it all, it is a real shame she didn't feel like she was able to help you deal with it though hun! But that is what we are all here for ... hope you are feeling up soon :hugs:

Yeah I agree I should tell them what happened on Monday, and also how I generally feel.

Yeah it would be nice to meet :smile:. And my eating is all over the place too.

Yeah I know. It just started with me saying "I'm sick and tired of my life". Maybe I shouldn't really talk about this again with her? And thank you so much :hugs:

I might go to sleep soon, so apologies if I don't reply! :smile:
Reply 6028
Original post by Mon.MD
Well there are plenty of people out there that love blondes. Me included...Im a woman but I just love blonde hair in a man or woman I think its really pretty. And anyway there is more to attraction than hair colour, this person sounds pretty shallow no? xx

thanks for cheering me up, I feel kinda better. :smile:
Original post by zerm

It's a natural thing to be upset by rejection, so my advice is to take it in stride. Basically, you don't really need someone who'd reject you over something like that, so try to cheer up and get past this. :smile: Sorry if I sound rude by the way.

Random note: I'm feeling a lot cheerier now. Many of my problems I ended up sorting out myself. At the moment, I only really have one major problem - I fear my best friend isn't talking to me. We used to talk every day, but we've hardly talked since a week ago. I messaged her once and she seemed kinda cold to me and just stopped talking to me, and she hasn't replied to my texts. I'm thinking she's busy with work though. My mate invited me to his house at the end of the month and she'll be there, so hopefully it's just nothing. I'd be devestated if I lost her though - she's an inspirational woman and one of the best people I've ever met.
Original post by avhhs
Yeah I agree I should tell them what happened on Monday, and also how I generally feel.

Yeah it would be nice to meet :smile:. And my eating is all over the place too.

Yeah I know. It just started with me saying "I'm sick and tired of my life". Maybe I shouldn't really talk about this again with her? And thank you so much :hugs:

I might go to sleep soon, so apologies if I don't reply! :smile:

Well sounds good, glad you've got a plan hun :smile:
But yer as I have said before I haven't really made any effort to meet people in ages, so I really think it would be good for me to make the effort to try and come down to meet people :smile: and would just be good to get out the house and actually do something for once! But ye I really need to get my eating sorted before it gets as bad as it used to be again :/

Well if she is going to be like that everytime to try to talk to her then probs best for you if you try to talk to other people about these types of things (online people for example :tongue: ) We're here for you!

But no worries fool probs best for you to try and get some sleep, home alone again so won't be sleeping! Grrr wish that paranoia would disappear at times like this, I am so tired! :hugs:
I want to sleep but I'm too upset, and I don't want to have another nightmare :frown:
Using my insomnia to finish another piece of work. Tomorrow I have to be up super early to meet another bunch of strangers and they're all going to be criticising my coursework (as part of an actual class thing but still harsh) and then a Managing Depression workshop. Hopefully I can get through by just pouring caffeine into myself.

Detoxing from the caffeine - sleeping meds - caffeine - sleeping meds cycle which is probably worse than just the insomnia fairy visiting.
Had a bit of a shock an hour ago, went to take rubbish out and was a bit of a daze and forgot to check if downstairs door was on the latch, Realised I then locked myself out so walked to police station in slippers and t shirt with no wallet or no phone!

After a hour and feeling like crap and feeling very embarrassed I decided to try my front door again and with a bit of force it just pushed open!!!

Just getting over how groggy and awful I feel now and stressed!

Wanted some comfort.
Original post by Mon.MD
Yeah I have spoken to him about it, and we have a daughter together so he is supportive on the whole but I think nobody can get what I am feeling. They would need to feel my pain in order to understand and as much as I would want him to know how I truely feel for one day, I wouldnt wish what I feel on my worst enemy. What course are you doing? Yeah, I recently did something similar with an exam I had. It was statistics, walked in, wrote my name and left. Even though, I knew I could do it. I didnt even care either, which worries me...so now I have to sit it this week Friday, but thinking about emailing tutor and asking whether I can do it over the easter holidays instead. Do your tutors know about your depression, ive let all of mine know...it may help with extensions etc. I have made full use of my extensions/mitigating circumtances now as I just generally dont care at all.

And yes, since I am clearly incapable of getting into medical school..I am coming round to the idea of being a scientist. Maybe I was rejected for a reason, as I am getting older I like people less and less.

aww, hope you can sort it out with partner. I never made any of my teachers aware tbh, I had some **** grades as well cos i couldnt cope in uni. I dunno what to do. btw, i did go to my gp and was diagnosed with depression so do I need to make people aware, when you fill in the form and it says health reason, do you have to write it down.
You will get into med school hopefully, if not, science is probably the way, they pay well. Don't feel down.
Reply 6035
Well sounds good, glad you've got a plan hun :smile:
But yer as I have said before I haven't really made any effort to meet people in ages, so I really think it would be good for me to make the effort to try and come down to meet people :smile: and would just be good to get out the house and actually do something for once! But ye I really need to get my eating sorted before it gets as bad as it used to be again :/

Well if she is going to be like that everytime to try to talk to her then probs best for you if you try to talk to other people about these types of things (online people for example :tongue: ) We're here for you!

But no worries fool probs best for you to try and get some sleep, home alone again so won't be sleeping! Grrr wish that paranoia would disappear at times like this, I am so tired! :hugs:

She often says with things like this that she doesn't know how to help me. So maybe I shouldn't tell her? I don't know why she never wants to go out anywhere with me. I really miss her.

Yeah I managed to get some sleep. Have missed school again, as there was only 1 lesson because of the strike. Because of that I don't get to meet my friend today :frown:. I really wish I had a girlfriend.

Did you manage to get some sleep? And how are you feeling? :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
She often says with things like this that she doesn't know how to help me. So maybe I shouldn't tell her? I don't know why she never wants to go out anywhere with me. I really miss her.

Yeah I managed to get some sleep. Have missed school again, as there was only 1 lesson because of the strike. Because of that I don't get to meet my friend today :frown:. I really wish I had a girlfriend.

Did you manage to get some sleep? And how are you feeling? :hugs:

It is really difficult with things like that with your friend, I have very similar issues with my bf sometimes. He doesn't know how to help me with all of this stuff. However he wants me to talk to him about stuff, but I know that everytime I do it just makes things difficult because he just gets upset that I am having issues but he doesn't know how to help me. and that can be really difficult because he wants to help, just like your friend probably wants to be able to help you. But people that haven't experienced it all just don't understand that its not about that. So I find sometimes it can be easier just to talk about it with people who understand (which really is just people on here but meh :smile: )

Well just make sure you stick to your plan of going in to talk to the people about it all hun! Hope you manage to get some work done though, I still haven't managed to do any. And got a phone interview thing in a bit so scared about that. Sucks that you don't get to see your friend though hun :hugs:

I managed to get a bit of sleep, but slept on the couch because have issues when I am by myself so not slept much but had coffee so it's all good :biggrin:

Still putting off starting back on the meds though .... :frown: how are you feeling this morning then?
Reply 6037
It is really difficult with things like that with your friend, I have very similar issues with my bf sometimes. He doesn't know how to help me with all of this stuff. However he wants me to talk to him about stuff, but I know that everytime I do it just makes things difficult because he just gets upset that I am having issues but he doesn't know how to help me. and that can be really difficult because he wants to help, just like your friend probably wants to be able to help you. But people that haven't experienced it alll just don't understand that its not about that. So I find sometimes it can be easier just to talk about it with people who understand (which really is just people on here but meh :smile: )

Well just make sure you stick to your plan of going in to talk to the people about it all hun! Hope you manage to get some work done though, I still haven't managed to do any. And got a phone interview thing in a bit so scared about that. Sucks that you don't get to see your friend though hun :hugs:

I managed to get a bit of sleep, but slept on the couch because have issues when I am by myself so not slept much but had coffee so it's all good :biggrin:

Still putting off starting back on the meds though .... :frown: how are you feeling this morning then?

Yeah I understand :smile:

I should hopefully talk tomorrow. I just want to go to a different school for next year, if not all my subjects then at least most of them. I have had enough of this school. And hope the interview goes well! :console: :smile:.

At least you got some sleep :biggrin:.

I'm not feeling good at all. Incredibly bored and can't concentrate on anything. Also need to sort out my room as my dad is coming back tomorrow from Pakistan. Also should have done something important ages ago but still haven't, and now its too late and could cause quite a few problems. But I don't care. It doesn't really concern me. :tongue:.

Hope you start the medication soon! :hugs:
Reply 6038
Hey, just a message to say I won't be posting here for a while as my laptop's got a nasty Trojan :frown: which I'm pretty sure came through tsr one way or t'other - careful what you click on! Anyway, I'll be back once my computer has been fully pimped with ubuntu.

Hope you lot are ok. I'm on a bit of a downer coz I broke up with my boyfriend. :frown: at least now I feel I have a proper reason to be sad.

Xx
Original post by drbluebox
Had a bit of a shock an hour ago, went to take rubbish out and was a bit of a daze and forgot to check if downstairs door was on the latch, Realised I then locked myself out so walked to police station in slippers and t shirt with no wallet or no phone!

After a hour and feeling like crap and feeling very embarrassed I decided to try my front door again and with a bit of force it just pushed open!!!

Just getting over how groggy and awful I feel now and stressed!

Wanted some comfort.

:hugs: That sucks, at least you managed to get back in though. Hope you're doing alright :smile:

Latest