The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Honeyx
Had my mirtazapine dose upped from 15-30mg, apparently meant to have less of a sedatory effect but I still find it difficult to be awake before 1-2pm! assuming it just takes some time?! also, the weird dreams are really starting to annoy me...seem so real! It's like even though i seem to be asleep a lot, I never actually feel rested :frown: I prefer this to citalopram though so shouldn't really complain.

It can take a few months, but the side-effects do wear off in the end. My dreams went doolally as well on mirtazapine as well, but that wears off too.

Original post by 35mm_
Just called crisis in bits. They told me to breathe and have a hot cup of tea. ****ers.

Depending on what it is you want out of calling the crisis team, maybe it would be more useful to call someone like the Samaritans instead? It might be that just having someone listen to you would help you feel a bit calmer (and you could even have a cup of tea while on the phone to them :awesome:). Of course if you're wanting meds or really feel like you need a home visit then the crisis team are the people to call, but otherwise maybe just avoiding them would be best (although I did once wonder whether their plan was actually to sneakily replace any feelings of suicide etc. with feelings of pure rage directed at them instead :tongue:).

Original post by alexlduffy
Just want to mention that I went to the therapist and it was excellent. My therapist is an excellent woman, very nice yet not condescending at all. She was impressed that I tried to help myself too, and that I knew some psychological terms due to doing a year of Psychology, which she said may speed up the process. Another problem I had resolved itself. Feeling very positive now! Focusing on self-esteem issues with her next time I see her. Also going to try and do some stuff myself. For instance, if I'm unhappy with a part of me, and I think it's something I'd be better off changing, I'll try and change it. I've already cleared up my skin and had a nice haircut, think I'll focus either on my teeth or legs next.

That's excellent. :biggrin: Sounds like you've got a great attitude for really giving this a go and trying to get yourself better.

Original post by Laus
Do you ever get those days when you feel incredibly low but you can't think why? I've had a good week; I've hosted a dinner party and a film night and I went out for a friend's birthday. I've been sorting Uni stuff out that I've put off for a while. If anything, I should feel elated and accomplished, but instead I feel really low and detached from everyone. I feel really sad and I don't know what to do with myself. I always hate how lowness effects me physically; like, my eyes feel heavy and I have big bags under my eyes, and my head hurts and my stomach feels twisted. I tried to sleep but just woke up feeling groggy, so I went for a walk. I ate something because I thought my blood sugar might be low, had a long shower... all the mundane things that you do in the hope that you will start to feel a little better. But I don't. So I thought I'd tell you guys because I don't know who else to tell. These days worry me. I know it's normal to have down days but I just worry that they will carry on into the next, and I can't cope with persistent depression anymore.

:hugs: I don't think what you're feeling is all that unusual. I often get a low period after a good spell - I think it's a combination of feeling a bit worn out after the effort of having such a good time, then worrying once you realise your mood has started to drop that it might keep getting worse. You should be ok in a couple of days though I'd hope, and get back to feeling more normal again.

Glad you decided to talk to us about it. :smile:

Original post by rmhumphries
I have new boots! http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3203/newshoes.jpg http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3852/newshoes2r.jpg

In other news, then gotta love it when your psychiatrist doesn't know what a drug is that your GP put you on (agomelatine). Ok, so it is fairly new (about 4 years old now), but still, I expect my psych to know about mental health drugs, especially the new ones that might be more effective! Beyond that, he now thinks that anti-depressants are a good idea. But yeah, other than trying to work with my psychologist, then he hasn't got any suggestions for stopping problems reoccurring. So lets see what happens :|

Glad to hear you got more stuff, how much is left in your old flat now?

Sorry, lost your quotes, but psychologist stuff:
In short, then she isn't sure if certain things I am doing are healthy for me, but if I am right that there is no reason why my mood drops, and then rises again, there isn't much she can do. I am seeing her again in a month, and have started charting my mood / making notes on things again, and going to go from there.

Doc Martens! *STOMP STOMP STOMP!*

I say we go out and procure ourselves a trained bird, possibly a pigeon, and then every time your psych does anything facepalm-able we unleash the bird and it ****s on him in the street.

Most of my stuff's still in the old flat - just filled up and took my large rucksack. But I did get all my spices and stuff from the kitchen, so proper cooking can recommence. I am planning on making oodles and oodles of curry. I am also planning on next rescuing my deckchair and sunglasses, assuming that the weather holds. :cool:

Perhaps she thinks you should be getting more exercise? :tongue: Anyway, that doesn't sound fantastically promising, but could have gone worse I expect - she's at least seeing you again relatively soon. How're you feeling having spoken to her? :hugs:
Reply 6121
I can't stop thinking about the mess I've landed myself in. I wish my life wasn't so crap, and I didn't cause as many problems. :sad:
Is crying :cry2:
Original post by ViceVersa

:hugs: :console: what's up?
Reply 6124

:console: :hugs: What's up? :smile:
Reply 6125
I can't sleep. :frown:
And I'm hearing screaming. :/
****ing nightmares, had two this morning - first before my Dad woke me up for about five minutes and second when I fell back asleep afterwards. Woke up crying an hour ago and only just managed to shake the funk off my head :sad:
Original post by avhhs
I can't stop thinking about the mess I've landed myself in. I wish my life wasn't so crap, and I didn't cause as many problems. :sad:

Hope you're alright hun :hugs: and hope it all goes alright with the stuff at college today!
Reply 6128
Original post by rmhumphries

Still need to reply to you, I know, just trying to motive myself to you as you need more attention. Will try to before I go skiing, and sorry I haven't sooner :frown:

No worries :h: :hugs:
Although I'm dressed I haven't exactly moved out of my bed yet today... I have loads to do but I just don't care enough any more. I'm fed up of wanting to cry all the time. I'm fed up of feeling stressed about deadlines. I'm just fed up.
Reply 6130
Original post by Aemiliana
Although I'm dressed I haven't exactly moved out of my bed yet today... I have loads to do but I just don't care enough any more. I'm fed up of wanting to cry all the time. I'm fed up of feeling stressed about deadlines. I'm just fed up.

Nothing you can do for a bit that you enjoy doing?
Sigh...Why do I always feel like I'm not good enough, not smart enough, that I will never be able to do anything worthwhile because I'm not what people want..It's hit me so much now because it's time to start applying for internships/jobs...while I have no problem writing CV's and cover letters, I can't help but think that they'll have an extremely different perception of me, If I get invited for an interview that I will be very crap at...I'm just tired of feeling this way I guess. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to write this in.
Original post by Alofleicester
:hugs: :console: what's up?

Original post by avhhs
:console: :hugs: What's up? :smile:

Boyfriend is no more. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Sorry to hear that :console:
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh, good stuff :smile:

It was, bless her :colondollar:
I've had 10 days extra than everybody else to revise for a test because I was at my CAMHS appointment so I was absent when everybody else did it and I still haven't revised :mad:
Think I'm beginning to lose the bit of positivity I picked up a few days ago so starting to go back to wallowing in self-pity which is the opposite to what my science teacher said to do.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. :console:
Can't control how you feel, maybe go and speak to her again if you think it would help your perspective. How was your day? :hugs:
Trying to hold myself together :cry:

Original post by Alofleicester
Sorry to hear that :console:

Thanks.
Reply 6136

Oh dear :frown: :console: :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
Oh dear :frown: :console: :hugs:

Thanks.
Reply 6138
Thanks.

Ahh man... that must kill.... been there too many times. Hope you feel better soon...:smile:
Feel like a complete failure to everyone now :frown:
I already broke down the year of my GCSE's and ****ed them up, why did it have to come back so close to AS Exams?
Losing coursework, having overprotective parents, psychopathic teachers and a absolute bastard of an ex-boyfriend doesn't exactly help either :/

Latest