The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

I felt like crap last night so I went on a self help book buying binge. £40 later and I finally have that CBT workbook my CPN told me to get when I saw him 2 years ago, books on stopping emotional and binge eating, a book using CBT again to beat depression and a book on stopping procrastination. I had better be ****ing perfect by the time I've finished reading all these!
Reply 6161
Original post by Phoenix07
Hope you're alright hun :hugs: and hope it all goes alright with the stuff at college today!

Hey :smile: :hugs: Really really sorry for not replying earlier. My dad came today so I was spending some time with him. Then I went to sleep.

Anyway, had a good day. The meeting with the learning mentor was ok. One of my teachers wasn't here, and this meant I only had one lesson, where we didn't do any work. Then at 1:30PM I was meant to have a meeting with the social worker, but it got postponed to tomorrow and allowed me to be able to go to the airport to collect my dad. So far its been ok with him.

So now I need to write down some stuff for the meeting tomorrow. I do hope its a good day, as its such an important day of the week for me. :smile:

So sorry for not replying earlier. How was your day? :jumphug:
Original post by warp2125
Ahh man... that must kill.... been there too many times. Hope you feel better soon...:smile:

It does :frown: thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
It should pass soon, I break up for 2 weeks tomorrow and being off school always makes my mood worse. Although my mood will be worse at least I know what I'm feeling.
My teacher wasn't bothered, usually if you don't pass she makes you do it again but I was the only one who didn't pass so she didn't mention it to me.

Well done! :biggrin:
Hope you can eat something :hugs:
Have fun with your mentor :mmm:

Hope it doesn't get too bad. :console:
That's good. :hugs:

Had some lasange and a brownie that my housemate's girlfriend made, that brought my appetite back. :drool:
Thanks, feeling nervous and excited at the same time. :colondollar:
Original post by 35mm_
When I was on quetiapine I experimented a bit and drunk some grapefruit and **** all happened :unimpressed: to me at least...

wats this about, i could be persuaded to test this

also 35mm you are on a LOT of stuff, is the diazepam and nitrazepam every day? do you have a time frame for getting off them?
Original post by littleshambles
wats this about, i could be persuaded to test this

also 35mm you are on a LOT of stuff, is the diazepam and nitrazepam every day? do you have a time frame for getting off them?

Something about grapefruit and its juice has a high acid content that may interfere with some medications. Probably just double the effects of the quetiapine.

And I know I am :frown: My diazepam is every night, but my nitrazepam is only for a few weeks, but I'm already quite dependent on it to get to sleep.
Original post by bullettheory
Had a terrible appt with my CPN and Psychiatrist. They did the whole "What do you think we should do" routine, which didn't help, and when I said I was confused and didn't know what to do, they just sat there in silence until I said something. I find the whole experience with them is really invalidating, and I never feel they understand me. Ironic how we talk about invalidating experiences in DBT, but the majority of my contact with the CMHT (with the exception of the Social Worker who does my DBT with me) is extremely invalidating.

I'm lowering the dose of one of my meds (Mirtazapine) to hopefully make it less sedating, but I may feel worse emotionally. I don't really know. Neither do they. They keep saying how I look more happy and how I'm wearing shorts so I must be feeling better... but I still feel like ****. I don't know, a lot of people say I seem happier but I don't feel it. I don't know what I feel. Sometimes I think maybe subconsciously I am making everything up and I am a great big attention seeker. But maybe the ADs are working, I don't know. I'm just one big confused emotional mess :frown:

God, it hacks me off so much when they do the whole 'what do you want us to do' thing! I've starting going with 'well how about you tell me what things you can do and then maybe I can narrow it down'. Given that they're meant to be trained in treating MH problems you'd think they'd know what treatment would help :rolleyes:
I'm probs completely wrong here, but I thought lower doses of mirtazapine were more sedating, not less?
I feel like that sometimes, not really better or worse but just more...confused I guess. Sorry that's not helpful but I'm on the wine so a little less coherent :colondollar:
Original post by Webberino
Hope it doesn't get too bad. :console:
That's good. :hugs:

Had some lasange and a brownie that my housemate's girlfriend made, that brought my appetite back. :drool:
Thanks, feeling nervous and excited at the same time. :colondollar:

Not had lasange for so long, love it! Glad it brought it back :hugs:
Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by avhhs
Hey :smile: :hugs: Really really sorry for not replying earlier. My dad came today so I was spending some time with him. Then I went to sleep.

Anyway, had a good day. The meeting with the learning mentor was ok. One of my teachers wasn't here, and this meant I only had one lesson, where we didn't do any work. Then at 1:30PM I was meant to have a meeting with the social worker, but it got postponed to tomorrow and allowed me to be able to go to the airport to collect my dad. So far its been ok with him.

So now I need to write down some stuff for the meeting tomorrow. I do hope its a good day, as its such an important day of the week for me. :smile:

So sorry for not replying earlier. How was your day? :jumphug:

Haha it is fine, you don't have to apologise for not replying :tongue: But yer I remember you saying your dad was coming! Glad it seems to be going alright with him so far though :smile:

Was your learning mentor helpful then? How come tomorrow is so important then? is it just because of the social worker or is something else going on? (I am nosey I know :tongue: )

I am absolutely exhausted, don't know why but the past 2 days it has been so difficult to stay awake or do absolutely anything! It hasn't been this bad in ages, not sure if it is the citalopram because only started that yesterday but who knows, hope it doesn't last!

Hows you doing today? And sorry about not being able to make it to the meet, its either london or rent next month and I really need my house :tongue:
I was considering calling samaritans just to talk-
have any of you called them?
I was considering calling samaritans just to talk-
have any of you called them?

yeah, multiple times. I found them really helpful, though I found it does kinda depend on the individual person who you get. Hope you're ok and you can always talk on here or feel free to PM me:hugs:
Original post by thatsthebadger93
yeah, multiple times. I found them really helpful, though I found it does kinda depend on the individual person who you get. Hope you're ok and you can always talk on here or feel free to PM me:hugs:

Thanks.
Maybe I'll somehow pluck up the courage.
It's nice to talk, sometimes just let it out, I need to let it out but I can't.
How are you?
Do you ever just wake up and feel empty.
No joy or sadness, just nothing.
I look at people and wonder how they can feel so much/ be so happy.

Thanks.
Maybe I'll somehow pluck up the courage.
It's nice to talk, sometimes just let it out, I need to let it out but I can't.
How are you?

I hope you do :hugs:I find it really helpful sometimes, I struggle to talk with people I know or anyone face to face really, and it helps me sort my head out and stop me brooding on things :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Best friend goes out with other people = she hates me. Yay for rational thinking eh?
Reply 6175
Original post by Phoenix07
Haha it is fine, you don't have to apologise for not replying :tongue: But yer I remember you saying your dad was coming! Glad it seems to be going alright with him so far though :smile:

Was your learning mentor helpful then? How come tomorrow is so important then? is it just because of the social worker or is something else going on? (I am nosey I know :tongue: )

I am absolutely exhausted, don't know why but the past 2 days it has been so difficult to stay awake or do absolutely anything! It hasn't been this bad in ages, not sure if it is the citalopram because only started that yesterday but who knows, hope it doesn't last!

Hows you doing today? And sorry about not being able to make it to the meet, its either london or rent next month and I really need my house :tongue:

Nah its just that me and my best friend have a lesson together. Often my mood gets dragged down, which sets the tone for the rest of the day. And don't worry about being nosy :smile:.

Aww :console: Hope you feel better soon :smile:.

Yeah i'm doing excellent. I was talking to my friend just now, and neither of us dragged each other's mood down :smile:. We also apologised to each other for yesterday. Hopefully bad thoughts don't come back. And don't worry about the meet. I understand :smile:.

:hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6176
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Best friend goes out with other people = she hates me. Yay for rational thinking eh?

:console: Exactly how I feel sometimes :redface:

:hugs:
Original post by kiss_me_now9

i think exactly that way.

family goes out without me = they dont love me anymore.
friends go out without telling me = they dont want to be my friends.
friends tell me theyre going out, i decide not to go = they still dont want to be my friends.

i lost the ability to think rationally ages ago :redface:
i think exactly that way.

family goes out without me = they dont love me anymore.
friends go out without telling me = they dont want to be my friends.
friends tell me theyre going out, i decide not to go = they still dont want to be my friends.

i lost the ability to think rationally ages ago :redface:

I know :frown: So did I. I don't know where I belong, in life, in the world of mental health, with my friends... :sad:
Having to pull an all nighter because I messed up my time management. Again. After ditching my mentor and everything.

Latest