The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
This is so distracting :biggrin:

They're not very good people :tongue:. I know I haven't met you in real life, but you are extremely kind and caring :smile:

:console: :hugs: Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you'll be able to go to the next one. I don't think i'll be able to go as well, as I have a revision class in school just before it.

:hugs:

Haha sorry :colondollar: do you want me to stop talking to you?

well thanks hun, you are very lovely too :smile: had a cup of tea now though so feeling slightly calmer now!

But yer it is just quite annoying was looking forward to actually doing stuff with people but ah well :frown: we will have to both agree to go to the next one!

Hows the work going? :hugs:
Reply 6621
Original post by Phoenix07
Haha sorry :colondollar: do you want me to stop talking to you?

well thanks hun, you are very lovely too :smile: had a cup of tea now though so feeling slightly calmer now!

But yer it is just quite annoying was looking forward to actually doing stuff with people but ah well :frown: we will have to both agree to go to the next one!

Hows the work going? :hugs:

No! Don't stop :biggrin:

That's nice :smile:

I know :frown:

Not doing work at all. Don't even have a tiny bit of concentration. Really don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by fire2burn
A recent review carried out in 2011 found that approximately 13.5% of the general population reports that they have experienced hearing voices: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21574793 Only a tiny proportion of those will ever need intervention from the mental health services.

Yes it's called being Billy Joe Average who functions as a perfectly normal human being :smile: The stereotype of people that hear voices is often someone diagnosed with psychosis and then medicated with antipsychotics for the rest of their life, when in reality the majority of voice hearers are just perfectly normal people going about their daily business. You never a hear a peep from them because the relationship they have with their experiences is a positive one rather than a negative one and as such they do not meet the diagnostic criteria for any illnesses http://www.psychminded.co.uk/critical/marius.htm
http://www.intervoiceonline.org/2290/voices/understanding-voices/redefining-hearing-voices.html

thanks, that's interesting :smile: and quite reassuring to know but with other things going on inside my head, there probably is something wrong, and there negative :frown:

I think I messed up the quote thing before, its okay I deleted it
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
No! Don't stop :biggrin:

That's nice :smile:

I know :frown:

Not doing work at all. Don't even have a tiny bit of concentration. Really don't know what to do :frown:

haha ok then as long as you are sure I am not distracting you from work to much :tongue: you can always talk to me on fb though if you want an actual conversation anytime!

But nah I am having real issues with the concentration at the moment and pretty sure I have done the stats stuff on my dissertation wrong, I really hate stats :frown: not really sure how I can help you concentrate because I have not mastered the art of concentration yet! hope you manage to do some at somepoint though hun :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
even if you did (which you wont), you wouldnt be alone in doing that - im sure up and down the country a significant proportion of doctors are like that :redface: so much effort and work comes with the profession, it's hard to invest in anything else i reckon :smile:

Spoiler

Maybe we can all get together :tongue: and yeah I suppose :h:

Spoiler

Crisis team haven't called me back 1 hour later. I don't think they understand the meaning of 'crisis' in their job title blerghhhhhh
Original post by ViceVersa
Maybe we can all get together :tongue: and yeah I suppose :h:

Spoiler

im not sure if i'd want to marry a doctor. yeah, if i fell in love with a doctor i wouldnt say no, but i dunno - it would be like, medicine 24/7 and you'd never have time for eachother :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Reply 6627
haha ok then as long as you are sure I am not distracting you from work to much :tongue: you can always talk to me on fb though if you want an actual conversation anytime!

But nah I am having real issues with the concentration at the moment and pretty sure I have done the stats stuff on my dissertation wrong, I really hate stats :frown: not really sure how I can help you concentrate because I have not mastered the art of concentration yet! hope you manage to do some at somepoint though hun :hugs:

I'm still not doing work. Going to eat now. And yes, that would be nice. Would have done so already if I wasn't so shy :colondollar:.

:console: Stats are pretty annoying :biggrin:. Don't worry about helping me, because I haven't been able to help you! :tongue:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Crisis team haven't called me back 1 hour later. I don't think they understand the meaning of 'crisis' in their job title blerghhhhhh

hope your okay :smile: hopefully they will call you back very soon
im not sure if i'd want to marry a doctor. yeah, if i fell in love with a doctor i wouldnt say no, but i dunno - it would be like, medicine 24/7 and you'd never have time for eachother :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Hmm yeah same, I'll try not to think of professions and just think about whats important..love :tongue: (I sound like an old lady :teehee:)

Spoiler

Hmm yeah same, I'll try not to think of professions and just think about whats important..love :tongue: (I sound like an old lady :teehee:)

Spoiler

old ladies are cool :tongue: theyre more wise than we are :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
I'm still not doing work. Going to eat now. And yes, that would be nice. Would have done so already if I wasn't so shy :colondollar:.

:console: Stats are pretty annoying :biggrin:. Don't worry about helping me, because I haven't been able to help you! :tongue:

I have managed to do a little bit of work tonight which is good really, but not done any more of my dissertation! Back into university eating mode now though which pretty much means just eating snacks throughout the day .... fun times :tongue:

But haha don't worry about it just talk at me on there anytime, I am not that bad!

But nah you have helped, it has been nice being able to actually talk to someone about all the feeling ****, don't have any one other then you to talk to about it so thank you :smile:

old ladies are cool :tongue: theyre more wise than we are :redface:

Spoiler

True :tongue:

Spoiler

True :tongue:

Spoiler

how's the tea? :tongue:

hopefully tomorrow can be a less miserable and more productive day :smile:
how's the tea? :tongue:

hopefully tomorrow can be a less miserable and more productive day :smile:

Lovely thank you, wish it had more milk though, dammit. :tongue:

Hopefully, I reaaaaly must work tomorrow :frown:
Reply 6635
I have managed to do a little bit of work tonight which is good really, but not done any more of my dissertation! Back into university eating mode now though which pretty much means just eating snacks throughout the day .... fun times :tongue:

But haha don't worry about it just talk at me on there anytime, I am not that bad!

But nah you have helped, it has been nice being able to actually talk to someone about all the feeling ****, don't have any one other then you to talk to about it so thank you :smile:

At least you done some work :smile:. I haven't done any. Still got that one word written from yesterday :tongue:. And yeah, I often do that too, if snacks are available! (which they currently aren't :redface:)

Wow. Thank you so much :blush:. And I feel the same way about you too :colondollar:
Lovely thank you, wish it had more milk though, dammit. :tongue:

Hopefully, I reaaaaly must work tomorrow :frown:

i dont like milky tea! has to be stroooong :tongue:

so should i :frown: chemistry is a major problem atm :'( some days i feel like theres no point, im just gonna fail anyway :/
Reply 6637
Original post by superwolf

It's nothing scary. I've seen a couple of different teams, and I've never had to be in a room with more than two people (and usually it's just one of them who does most of the talking). They'll probably just be discussing stuff like ways they could help you, getting a handle on your situation and that kind of thing. The people that you see will probably be something like a nurse or a social worker, and there will also be other people on the team like a psychologist or psychiatrist who you might end up seeing.

Remember that the aim of all this is to help you (cos you're important and awesome and stuff :cool:), try not to worry too much, and be sure to post on here about any more questions you have. :hugs:

Thank you for your support! It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be; the lady was lovely and I found it really easy to be open and honest with her. I really want to get better, but what my parents have said about mental health keeps cropping up in the back of my mind. I know everything they've said is a load of rubbish, and I honestly can't wait to leave the house and become independent.
Thanks again for your lovely replies. :hugs:
i dont like milky tea! has to be stroooong :tongue:

so should i :frown: chemistry is a major problem atm :'( some days i feel like theres no point, im just gonna fail anyway :/

Gasp. Shock. Horror!

:tongue:

Biology is the major problem :cry2: Chemistry is awesomeness, just give in to George :tongue: :hugs:
Gasp. Shock. Horror!

:tongue:

Biology is the major problem :cry2: Chemistry is awesomeness, just give in to George :tongue: :hugs:

biology is okay. but chemistry, theres too much to learn, its overwhelming :cry: all this work to get into med school and i wont even be able to go :frown:

Latest