The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6880
Original post by bullettheory
Guy im in a bit of a bad spot. I'm in a 136 suite and meant to be having a assessment with a psychiatrist and a social worker soon, I don't really know what it is but they said its a section assessment. Basically is there anyway I could lie and just say I'm fine and they will let me go, or will see right through that. Plus if they said it was a section assessment does that mean I don't get to go voluntarily if I need to be in hospital. I know that there is nothing wrong mentally and I don't understand why I'm here particularly but I don't know where to go from here.

Sorry for the late and useless reply. I barely remember my 136 and assessment for sectioning so am not much use, but I hope that you are ok and that you have been given the help/advice/support you need:hugs:
Reply 6881
Original post by rmhumphries

Swan off to see me (and/or Wolf/other fun dep soc'ers) at weekends!

I would if I could afford to (although perhaps I could do it semi-frequently :colone:).
Original post by Nut.
I would if I could afford to (although perhaps I could do it semi-frequently :colone:).

Keep coaches are where it is :h:

But yes, you are more than welcome in Nottingham at any point, although generally at least an hours notice is useful :tongue:
Going out for my friend's birthday today but i'm still kind of scared of human interaction. There are going to be loads of people that I don't know going...
I just want to crawl away now..:frown: :frown:
Original post by 35mm_
Going out for my friend's birthday today but i'm still kind of scared of human interaction. There are going to be loads of people that I don't know going...

maybe if you just stay near your friend if you can? and you never know, people may well be friendly, have to be very bad luck for them not to be, besides if they are friends with your friend then they must be nice :smile: tell yourself these things should help you stay calm, and if it gets too crowded there is bound to be somewhere a bit quieter you can go to cool off for a bit?

Original post by ViceVersa
I just want to crawl away now..:frown: :frown:

what's wrong? :console:
I've got loads and loads of university work that needs to be in in the next week or so, and so what am I doing ..... I am curled up in bed at tea time hiding from the world :frown: really need to sort myself out!
Reply 6887
After being so happy that I had sort of got my binge/comfort eating under control, had lost weight, blah blah blah.... I have eaten a huge amount of rubbish today. Pizza, popcorn, wine and a cream cake - now feeling very disappointed and disgusted with myself. :ashamed2:
Original post by Wheek
After being so happy that I had sort of got my binge/comfort eating under control, had lost weight, blah blah blah.... I have eaten a huge amount of rubbish today. Pizza, popcorn, wine and a cream cake - now feeling very disappointed and disgusted with myself. :ashamed2:

I know exactly how you feel .... easter is a time where binge eating is actually encouraged which is really bad sometimes :frown: eaten so much **** today! try not to feel too bad about it though hun, just got to focus on getting it back on track :hugs:
Original post by Phoenix07
I've got loads and loads of university work that needs to be in in the next week or so, and so what am I doing ..... I am curled up in bed at tea time hiding from the world :frown: really need to sort myself out!

if you are having trouble with Uni work and is depression related you can get support from the Uni normally, at my Uni they were pretty good so you can get extensions if needed and extra study support too :smile: don't feel bad about this, remember depression is a health issue and is not your fault, if you need support then don't feel bad at all for asking for it :smile:
Reply 6890

:hugs: I understand how you feel. Half of the holidays have gone but I have only done a very tiny bit of revision, for only one subject :frown:. I'm gonna fail and I know it. But I don't know how to motivate myself to revise. Currently very tired from all that dancing yesterday :tongue: (and it wasn't a lot).

Hope you manage to do the work :smile:
Reply 6891
Original post by Meaty_man
I duno about you but dancing (which for me is flailing limbs like a plonker and moshing) is like the only real excercise i get Dx

Lool that's quite true as well :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6892
I know exactly how you feel .... easter is a time where binge eating is actually encouraged which is really bad sometimes :frown: eaten so much **** today! try not to feel too bad about it though hun, just got to focus on getting it back on track :hugs:

Thanks :smile: Easter (and Christmas) is an awful time of the year for trying to resist sweet stuff and binge eating.

I have managed to stay away from the chocolate - mainly cos I have not seen any family recently so have not been given any easter eggs but I made the mistake of popping out to tesco to get milk earlier and they had loads of stuff in the reduced section - it was reduced so I had to buy it, once I brought it I had to eat it (well the wine wasn't reduced I just fancied a glass). Currently trying to resit the second cream cake but can't quite bring myself to put it in the bin either. I also brought a tube of pringles cos they were on special offer (not a logical reason I know!) but I have hidden them in the car so they are not quite so tempting.
Original post by SciFiBoy
if you are having trouble with Uni work and is depression related you can get support from the Uni normally, at my Uni they were pretty good so you can get extensions if needed and extra study support too :smile: don't feel bad about this, remember depression is a health issue and is not your fault, if you need support then don't feel bad at all for asking for it :smile:

I was considering asking the uni for help, but worried that because I haven't mentioned it at any other point they are going to think that I am just making it up to get an extension or something :/

Original post by Wheek
Thanks :smile: Easter (and Christmas) is an awful time of the year for trying to resist sweet stuff and binge eating.

I have managed to stay away from the chocolate - mainly cos I have not seen any family recently so have not been given any easter eggs but I made the mistake of popping out to tesco to get milk earlier and they had loads of stuff in the reduced section - it was reduced so I had to buy it, once I brought it I had to eat it (well the wine wasn't reduced I just fancied a glass). Currently trying to resit the second cream cake but can't quite bring myself to put it in the bin either. I also brought a tube of pringles cos they were on special offer (not a logical reason I know!) but I have hidden them in the car so they are not quite so tempting.

Yer christmas is a lot worse then easter, and I went home at the weekend so I have got lots of easter eggs (well had lots :frown: ) but nooo things being on offer and reduced is a very logical reason to stock up on them, I do it all the time! Feeling so awful about eating it all at the moment! Just got to try and resist the rest of the food though, but nah putting food in the bin never seems to be an option!
(edited 12 years ago)
I was considering asking the uni for help, but worried that because I haven't mentioned it at any other point they are going to think that I am just making it up to get an extension or something :/

they shouldn't do, but if you are worried then maybe speak to the GP as well? the Uni should be pretty understand, a lot of students have mental health issues so they normally have support staff who are there to help people in that situation :smile: I hope they are able to help you out and that you are able to get things sorted :yy:
Reply 6895

Yer christmas is a lot worse then easter, and I went home at the weekend so I have got lots of easter eggs (well had lots :frown: ) but nooo things being on offer and reduced is a very logical reason to stock up on them, I do it all the time! Feeling so awful about eating it all at the moment! Just got to try and resist the rest of the food though, but nah putting food in the bin never seems to be an option!

Thinking of christmas made me realise that I did a similar thing christmas week but managed to get back on top of my eating afterwards. Think I will have to dig out my distraction list and start going through it again. I am setting a goal of not eating the second cake before 8pm and shall go dig out my nail varnish and face mask stuff and nosey round the forum to distract myself until then
Oh god I am a forgetful useless person at times.

Bullettheory asked me to let you guys know he's gone into hospital, and will be fine.

If any of you guys don't have a way of contacting him, I'll pass any messages on.
Original post by SciFiBoy
they shouldn't do, but if you are worried then maybe speak to the GP as well? the Uni should be pretty understand, a lot of students have mental health issues so they normally have support staff who are there to help people in that situation :smile: I hope they are able to help you out and that you are able to get things sorted :yy:

Yer well I will see how it goes I guess ... thanks for the advice though hun :smile:

Original post by Wheek
Thinking of christmas made me realise that I did a similar thing christmas week but managed to get back on top of my eating afterwards. Think I will have to dig out my distraction list and start going through it again. I am setting a goal of not eating the second cake before 8pm and shall go dig out my nail varnish and face mask stuff and nosey round the forum to distract myself until then

sounds like a good idea, I am trying to do the same, lots of solitaire is the answer for me! Keeps my hands busy so its harder to eat constantly :tongue: Hope the distractions work though and you manage to get back on top of things!
Reply 6898

sounds like a good idea, I am trying to do the same, lots of solitaire is the answer for me! Keeps my hands busy so its harder to eat constantly :tongue: Hope the distractions work though and you manage to get back on top of things!

Thanks. I hope the solitaire works for you too. I paint my nails cos then its hard to eat with wet nail varnish :smile:
Easter has been less stressful than I thought it would be I think. It was a bit rubbish seeing my grandad upset but apart from that it was good. He really need to go into a home or sheltered accommodation at the least but he's so stubborn. There's going to come a time when he falls at home and not be able to get help.

Hope everybody has had a good day. :console:

Latest