The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
PS. Such a shame I didn't get to meet any of you but am really ill right now.

Here if you need to talk about anything :hugs:

Original post by Webberino
:frown: Stay safe :hugs:

Trying my best, thank you :hugs:
Reply 7121
Original post by Sabertooth
Was pretty cool to meet everyone yesterday, reading over the thread it's actually really ****ing weird reading people's posts then knowing what they look like and imagining them hunched over in the dark wearing only underpants posting on TSR. Or maybe that's just me :tongue:

:biggrin:

I think it was really weird that no one would ever realise what we are going through just by looking at us :smile:. To everyone else, we looked like a group of normal people.

Although I can remember most people's faces, I can't remember their usernames :colondollar:. Especially you :colondollar:
Original post by angelbones

Hot like spicy? Oh dear..
I'm even more nervous than before now :colondollar:

Yeah, I'm sure they do less spicy stuff aswell though, you'll be alright. :tongue:
:hugs:
Original post by ViceVersa
Here if you need to talk about anything :hugs:

Trying my best, thank you :hugs:

Thank you, and you too, I'm here anytime :smile:
Thank you, and you too, I'm here anytime :smile:

Yay :ahee:
Ok, sounds good. :hugs:

Tempting :tongue:

Hopefully :colondollar:
I don't have any chocolate here but I don't want to get up and go to the shop. My cup of tea is lonely without some chocolate. :bawling:
Also left the remaining half of my easter egg in the fridge at home, I don't think it is going to be safe from my brother there. :tongue:

:console: You'll get there. :yep:

Spoiler

I have far too much chocolate, take mine. I keep having mini binges.
Cut off his hands, it's the only way.:tongue:

Spoiler

The bottom of my original post has shown all my secrets to the world. When I'm replying something and I want to mention something I write it at the bottom so I don't forget and delete it when I have finished but I forgot that time :colondollar:
Original post by avhhs
It was just something with my brother.

Right now I'm not good at all. Lying down in bed and feeling really low. Was meant to do something but oh well :tongue:. I thought my sleep pattern had just about fixed but it hasn't :frown:

How are you feeling then? :hugs:

Ah yer I have quite big arguements with my sisters all the time :hugs hope you're alright though! Sorry your feeling so rubbish though hun! Whats wrong? or just generally feeling low?
I am feeling a bit alone if I am honest but finally managed to get some work done today! :hugs:
Yeah, I'm sure they do less spicy stuff aswell though, you'll be alright. :tongue:
:hugs:

Hopefully :redface:
Thanks though :biggrin:
Was pretty cool to meet everyone yesterday, reading over the thread it's actually really ****ing weird reading people's posts then knowing what they look like and imagining them hunched over in the dark wearing only underpants posting on TSR. Or maybe that's just me :tongue:

Went to a hearing voices group this morning, in one way it was reassuring to talk to people going through the same thing but on the other hand none of these people work, they're all on benefits and occasionally do volunteer work. It makes me think what if that's my future? I want to be a cop not a bum on benefits forever unable to work (not that they were bums but well yeah ok this hole is getting deeper.......). Also went to the gym but didn't get enough sleep last night (because of someone :dry: ) so didn't do too much....damn.

Saber, you reckon any of them have degrees?

Also, think about where you live, it's not the least deprived area ever :tongue:

Also, I'm sowwee

Went to a hearing voices group this morning, in one way it was reassuring to talk to people going through the same thing but on the other hand none of these people work, they're all on benefits and occasionally do volunteer work. It makes me think what if that's my future? I want to be a cop not a bum on benefits forever unable to work (not that they were bums but well yeah ok this hole is getting deeper.......). Also went to the gym but didn't get enough sleep last night (because of someone :dry: ) so didn't do too much....damn.

This describes me :lol: :p:. Remember, we are in a recession, so people of all walks of life are in this position tbf. I'm sure you can still get to where you want to be eventually; just keep hopeful :yep:
Ugh I've just eaten so much Chinese I feel sick :tongue:

My friend rang asking me whether I've decided to go to Download yet.. I honestly don't know.

If I go, I'll be on my own travelling up there and on the site until I find my friend and his group. Plus, even though we're friends at uni, I don't feel like I know him well enough to just impose myself into his group (although he keeps saying I'd be very welcome), and I've never met any of his friends from home. So it would be awkward. Gah.

And at the last festival I went to I had a mental breakdown on the last day. Although, that may have been from being dumped the day before by the only person I'd gone to it with.

I DON'T KNOWWWWW.
Sabertooth
x

Maybe the hearing voices group tends to be attended by people who are just starting recovery, rather than people who are well enough to work already? I imagine if you are well enough to work that might mean you have few enough symptoms, or have learnt effective enough ways to manage symptoms, that you don't feel you need the help that the group offers necessarily. Also unemployment is high atm.
Also went to the gym but didn't get enough sleep last night (because of someone :dry: ) so didn't do too much....damn.

Was that particular person Laut by any chance? If so instead of hearing voices you can come to a newly formed "Sleep deprived due to Laut" group. I decided that it is very much needed after experiencing this first hand. (love you really Laut)
Reply 7133
I'm running out of depressing books/ books about people with mental illness to read (or at least ones that I know will be interesting).
:sad:
Reply 7134
Original post by Nut.
I'm running out of depressing books/ books about people with mental illness to read (or at least ones that I know will be interesting).

Omg, same! I think I must have every single one from Amazon :cool:

Also, heyy,:hello: haven't posted in here before aha
Reply 7135
Original post by falling
Omg, same! I think I must have every single one from Amazon :cool:

Also, heyy,:hello: haven't posted in here before aha

:hello: hi :h:
Original post by Nut.

Some of my favs: it's kind of a funny story, impulse, stephen fry, suicide notes and winter girls
Original post by Anonymous
I have far too much chocolate, take mine. I keep having mini binges.
Cut off his hands, it's the only way.:tongue:

Spoiler

The bottom of my original post has shown all my secrets to the world. When I'm replying something and I want to mention something I write it at the bottom so I don't forget and delete it when I have finished but I forgot that time :colondollar:

Yay! *grabs chocolate* :tongue:
I like that plan. :colone:
Put the microwave on, went upstairs then came down to find the food sitting infront of the microwave rather than it. :lol:
Think I'm in need of some sleep. :tongue:

That's good. :hugs:
Whoops :mmm: :tongue:
Reply 7138
Some of my favs: it's kind of a funny story, impulse, stephen fry, suicide notes and winter girls

It's kind of a funny story
is defo in my top 10, I think because I relate to it so much.
Will add Winter Girls to my list, but have all the others. I read far too many of these type books. :colondollar:

I've widened my search parameters recently, (to anything vaguely disturbing - I finished We Need To Talk About Kevin last month) so hopefully I'll find a few more to read.

When I'm more stable I might dip into a few books that deal with childhood abuse, but I'm a bit too tender at the moment I think. Maybe over the summer when I can sit in the middle of a field, bask in some sunshine and convince myself that I'm ok.
Original post by laut_biru
Saber, you reckon any of them have degrees?

Also, think about where you live, it's not the least deprived area ever :tongue:

Also, I'm sowwee

If they have degrees they're probably better than a 2:2. :colonhash:

You are forgiven. Only because I napped for 3 hours today. So good :coma:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
This describes me :lol: :p:. Remember, we are in a recession, so people of all walks of life are in this position tbf. I'm sure you can still get to where you want to be eventually; just keep hopeful :yep:

Yeah that is true, although I got the impression that they never really worked recession or not. It just scares me, y'know, I want to do so many things, I already got one dream pissed on I don't want to see my other dream go the same way.

Original post by littleshambles
Maybe the hearing voices group tends to be attended by people who are just starting recovery, rather than people who are well enough to work already? I imagine if you are well enough to work that might mean you have few enough symptoms, or have learnt effective enough ways to manage symptoms, that you don't feel you need the help that the group offers necessarily. Also unemployment is high atm.

That's a good point, there's probably a bunch of people with jobs but they're getting on fine with life so I don't know about them. All the people today were all like "yeah things are really bad atm" so maybe it's like selection bias of who comes to the group. That's a good point, I hadn't considered that, thanks :smile:

I might not go anymore. The psychologist told me it would be good to see other people in a similar situation but I think it's just really demotivating and actually pretty depressing too which isn't really the intended outcome.
(edited 11 years ago)