The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelbones
Yeah :s-smilie:
I just spoke to him and he admitted he liked me, and I admitted that I don't like him like that. We're still going to dinner but I feel so much calmer about it now that there aren't any expectations. Phew.
Thank you though :smile:

Thats okay and I hope you enjoy yourself on Friday :smile:
Reply 7161
I have enough citalopram to last me until 27th May, and I don't go back to England to get more until the 1st June. So I've been alternating my doses at the moment so I'll have enough to take it daily at the end of May (when my exams are, and when my anxiety will be at its peak). I'm dreading coming off this stuff in June, even alternating days at the moment gives me headaches, sleepiness, mild paranoia and I think it's what's causing the crazy dreams. Just need to 'save up' two more tablets and we're good. I still love this stuff, when I'm taking it constantly. Feel better than I have done in probably years.

Im not depressed at the moment, but my sleeping is a bit strange. I actually fall asleep, I can easily sleep 12 hours, and still feel reasonably tired when I wake up. But I can't get to sleep early at all. Even if I get up reasonably early in the morning (Ie like 9am, which is early for me), it still gets to 2am and I can't sleep. I have zopiclone in my drawer, but I don't want to waste it tonight, since I have to be up at 7.30 for lectures. It's crazy, I can barely keep my eyes open in these 8.30am lectures. Usually I'm tired, but just yawning and wanting to sleep, but lately I've actually been struggling to keep my eyes open.

And when I do get to sleep, I keep having these crazy intense dreams. I "woke up" the other night and my wrists were bleeding everywhere and I freaked out. But obviously there wasn't anything actually wrong with them. Not sure if it was a hallucination, or if I didn't wake up at all and it was a dream within a dream. First time that's ever happened, although like I said my dreams have all been very intense lately. Not nightmares, but just weird.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Mt brother is on tsr so have to keep this anon. My doctor has talked to my counsellor and according to my counsellor , the dr will be phoning me tomorrow. I am dreading it. I don't want him to ring home.
I am panicking and unsure what to do :frown: I got no credit on phone so I can ring practice so i can get in touch with my dr. :frown:

I am panicking.

Please don't panic, are you worried that your family will find out ? can't you just phone the doctors from your home phone if you have no credit , when the doctors phoned my house before they would only talk to me because of confidentiality.
I'm not really sure what else you can do, I hope it goes okay :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 7164
Original post by sunfowers01
Is the site free and easy to use?

Yea... very easy....but its hit and miss if you find exactly what you want.
I was doing so well but now exam time is coming up, harsh perfectionism has kicked in and suddenly I am punishing myself to get a First and have become obsessional about everything. My eating is stopping, my running is increasing, tI am driving my housemates nuts with constantly moving things into a certain "perfect" order and panic if somebody has moved things while I have been out. Self-harming also back.
Can't talk to my boyfriend (who has recovered from eating disorder and has been treated for depression) as he's doing a charity hitch to Africa for a month. It doesn't matter how many people are around me, I feel alone, like I have a glass between myself and the rest of the world and I wish I could break it :frown:
So, I just took my citalopram. First dose. Now I'm just totally freaking out now it's inside my body about what it's actually going to do to me. I wish I could chill out and stop worrying about it, I'm all frigging worked up already :frown:

I know it sounds stupid but I'm proper freaked out by tablets! :redface:
Original post by dani_88
So, I just took my citalopram. First dose. Now I'm just totally freaking out now it's inside my body about what it's actually going to do to me. I wish I could chill out and stop worrying about it, I'm all frigging worked up already :frown:

First dose almost certainly won't do anything so you needn't worry :smile: even potential positive effects you wont notice for first three weeks or so, side effects I think are mainly to do with sleep/appetite but shouldnt be too bad and not everyone gets them anyway so you will likely be fine, just relax and I hope the meds work for you :hugs:
Original post by SciFiBoy
First dose almost certainly won't do anything so you needn't worry :smile: even potential positive effects you wont notice for first three weeks or so, side effects I think are mainly to do with sleep/appetite but shouldnt be too bad and not everyone gets them anyway so you will likely be fine, just relax and I hope the meds work for you :hugs:

How do you know if the meds are working? I've been on citalopram for 5 weeks now and don't feel any different. I got worse at first, then got headaches and it made me feel drowsy the next day. Not sure if that was because I was taking it at night though.
Original post by dani_88

On my second day of citalopram my heart stated racing a bit and I started freaking out that I was having a heart attack. This was while in a seminar and they ended up calling an ambulance because I was so convinced I was dying. Once I'd calmed down and realised that it was just me being super sensitive to anything happening in my body because I thought it was the citalopram I felt like such a dick. Seriously, don't stress, it'll be fine :smile:
I am one fat ball of sweat and panic today.

So pleased for my sister though, she has finally got a job after graduating uni last summer.
Original post by sunfowers01
How do you know if the meds are working? I've been on citalopram for 5 weeks now and don't feel any different. I got worse at first, then got headaches and it made me feel drowsy the next day. Not sure if that was because I was taking it at night though.

I have no idea I'm afraid, they never work for me :/ my staring to take them coincided with my mood being really really bad but idk if the pills were why, they made me feel sleepy as well so I just stopped taking them recently.

If has been five weeks maybe speak to your GP? They are supposed to work after three or four I think.
Haha! That's funny :mmm:

Feeling odd tonight. Like, I'm feeling down but can't stop spinning around on my chair.

I am one fat ball of sweat and panic today.

So pleased for my sister though, she has finally got a job after graduating uni last summer.

Well spinning sounds fun :tongue:
Anything in particular that's making you feel panicked? :hugs:
Great news about your sister! Took my brother two years to find a job.

Mentoring was good, talked about revision and social stuff. Felt quite anxious talking about it, but felt comfortable feeling anxious with him if that makes sense. :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by dani_88

It doesn't sound silly at all, I was proper freaking out the first time I started taking both my sets of tablets because I was worried about side effects and stuff! But worrying about it will just raise your stress and stuff and make it worse, so try and stay calm, I never had any side effects or anything from them so hopefully you wont either :smile:
Thanks guys :smile:

I'm trying to distract myself from thinking about it! But when you've had bugger all sleep, still feel restless but don't really have the energy or desire to be going out or doing anything.. I'm just kind of sat here.. So it's quite easy to get drawn into thinking about it.

But. I'm going to try and distract myself on here and stuff :smile:
Original post by avhhs
But I don't have a good imagination :tongue:.

I'm just worried about what they will ask me.

I'm about to fall asleep now! :tongue:

Hope you managed to get some sleep hun! And hope the meeting with the social worker goes alright today, they are there to help you though hun, not catch you out so if you can't answer a question or anything then just say! Try not to worry too much!

I have no solution for the chocolate though, if you can't imagine my emailed chocolate you may have to buy some :tongue: :hugs:
One hour until my appointment.

Even TSR and tumblr aren't managing to distract me from the nerves.
Original post by tweedletallie
One hour until my appointment.

Even TSR and tumblr aren't managing to distract me from the nerves.

:hugs:

I always end up thinking 'what will I even say' before an appointment, and then find that the words end up coming anyway, so don't stress too much. Doctors are used to seeing MH patients, and it's up to them to lead the appointment not you.

Spoil yourself a little right now, make yourself feel good if you can.
Woke up feeling awful which is stupid because I'm surrounded by actual real depsoc people.

Gonna see if napping fixes everything.

Latest