Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i agree here maybe you should tell you friend instead and then she may not want to go out and will agree to a small meal in like a pizza or something simple like that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I don't want to go into psychology :dontknow: I hate research, I hate reading research, I hate having to cite everything I say and forgetting to do it half the time and then losing marks for not doing it. I hate getting Ds and Cs when I put my full effort in and then getting B+s on a multiple choice exam that I guessed most of. I hate how my course is structured and how everyone else on it is really clever and seems to get everything straight away :sad:
    dont feel bad everyone goes through this sometime, i feel that when i do exams although i try and put my all into it i come out with a C or something but the people who dont try at all get B's and A's, like kiss_me_now9 sed just battle through it and stay strong
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix07)
    possible ED trigger

Spoiler:
    Show
    my friend from home is coming up to see me today, which would normally be a good thing ... but she wants to go out for food! Most of the time this is ok, but at the moment my binge/restrict stuff is getting pretty bad again. Haven't really eaten for a few days but I know as soon as we go into the restaurant I am just going to eat everything sorry really stressed about it all ... don't worry don't expect a response just needed to get it out of me!
    A couple of practical ideas.. You could take out only a specific amount of money and then that restricts how much you can buy and therefore eat.. Or could you go somewhere like a pub ie spoons or something where you can eat if you want to but you don't have to if you don't want to.. Finally, do you have to go out for food? Can't you just say your stomach is a bit bleurgh and you'd rather not eat and go do something else..?

I hope you manage to find a solution and feel less stressed
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I got a cat

Been petting him for about 2 hours, he's so cute Was kind of shy to begin with but then I got him to jump on my lap where he promptly lay down, stretched out and purred while I rubbed his tummy.

Love cats so much, even when you feel like **** they're there to cheer you up.

Ahh what have you called him , its a shame I'm allergic to cats
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went to the zoo today (sometimes my parents get things right).

Fell in love with an otter who carried a small stone with him everywhere he went, juggling it between his paws.

And I'm not being made to eat pasta. Today is a good day. :yy:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kahinalouise)
    Ahh what have you called him , its a shame I'm allergic to cats
    No name yet. I want to call him Sergeant Pepper or Fidel Catstro but no one else likes those names.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepstick)
    im glad to hear that you are stronger and feeling better now, hopefully now that your mum knows she will be there to help you and you can feel like you are able to turn to her without holding anything back, i do find though that although having a good support network at home is important that when it does come to a personnel issue i look to other people and talk to people who are not attached to the situation at all hope you keep on with the strength and i cant say it will be easy but knowing there are people there to cushion your fall if ever again is always a good thing :console::grouphugs:
    Awww, thank you so much for your kind words :hugs: :hugs: :heart: xx
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS EVER TAKEN ANY ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTIC

or even a typical one

have you ever experienced painful pins and needles? all over my body, really kinda sort of painful (like the logical conclusion of itching in a way) and intolerable, every "episode" lasts a few minutes but beginning to get it minorly low level all the time-ish as well.

never had before. so assuming it's the meds. but can find little information. if it's a nerve thing i'm assuming it's a brain thing so it would ALL MAKE SENSE.

could it be like hives? or what? it seems to be more of a thing when temperature changes happen. what even is hives? oh help me

edit: i meant shingles. but i have no rash. oh god this isn't GENERAL PROBLEMS SOCIETY nevermind i'll just keep googling.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did a big thing today. After spending ages wearing long sleeves at home when my parents were home, and coping with feeling really hot but not being able to remove layers, I finally sucked it up and told/show my mum my SH scars, perfectly aware this could make everything so much worse. At first she was convinced the cuts were not self-inflicted, and then she was convinced I didn't take care of them properly and so might have caught a disease. Finally she said I had punished myself enough so she won't say anything about it, and will not mention it anymore. Hmm...I'd say that wasn't that bad. :beard: Could have defo been worse!
    Wow VV that's impressive!

Please do take care of them though, you don't want to get an infection in them.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweedletallie)
    Thanks, managed to talk to her without too much trouble although she had to get me to repeat things a lot... nervous habit of talking four times faster than normal, and my normal is twice the speed most people talk anyway, but there was no crying or freak out so it was a success!

I went in expecting to be told I was overreacting or it was mild depression and left with depression and a suspected moderate anxiety disorder. I think I might have scared the poor woman with how shocked I was

She was going to give me citalopram then decided to leave it up to the Depression and Anxiety service who will contact me at some point. I really hope they don't call. Phones are bad. Very bad. Plus if my parents answered I'd have quite a bit of explaining to do...
    At least you explained it, even if it was more than once.

I hugely doubt you scared a doctor I am afraid, most medical professionals are rather experienced in the range of human experience

Actually, that might well have been a good decision on her part there, these meds are best prescribed by someone with experience.

Are your parents particularly bad with these things? Most parents do find it a shock, some go through 'did we cause this', others like to try and deny it. It might be best to explain it as you're struggling a little, and trying to get on top of it all before it really is a huge problem. Approach it calmly, and they will hopefully will follow your lead.

(Original post by Webberino)
    Aww when is somebody getting back? :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good advice, sounds like something my mentor would say.
    Had it quite a bit from teenagers (and my brother :rolleyes:) before, was just more upsetting coming from a middle aged woman for some reason.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Doesn't sound good. :hugs:
    Have you tried healthy foods you can snack on without feeling guilty in between meals, like carrot sticks or something? May not help as obviously not going to be as appealing.
    Mum was home from work at 5 it wasn't too bad.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Your brother sounds like he can be a bit of a nobber sometimes :hugs: I can imagine, you think she wouldn't be so ignorant.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Snacking isn't really a problem, it's just sometimes I go as long as I can without food or little food then binge. I don't think it's too much of a problem tbh, I always have at least one meal made for me a day so I'll eat that to avoid questions from the mother.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS EVER TAKEN ANY ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTIC

or even a typical one

have you ever experienced painful pins and needles? all over my body, really kinda sort of painful (like the logical conclusion of itching in a way) and intolerable, every "episode" lasts a few minutes but beginning to get it minorly low level all the time-ish as well.

never had before. so assuming it's the meds. but can find little information. if it's a nerve thing i'm assuming it's a brain thing so it would ALL MAKE SENSE.

could it be like hives? or what? it seems to be more of a thing when temperature changes happen. what even is hives? oh help me

edit: i meant shingles. but i have no rash. oh god this isn't GENERAL PROBLEMS SOCIETY nevermind i'll just keep googling.
    Hmm, sounds odd. I've never experienced that in all the antipsychotics I've taken. Nor have I read about it either. Do you have a local medication line you could call and ask about it? You could always call NHS direct instead if you don't have one, the nurses have no idea about antipsychotics ime but they can put you through to a doctor who will know. Sorry I can't be more help.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did a big thing today. After spending ages wearing long sleeves at home when my parents were home, and coping with feeling really hot but not being able to remove layers, I finally sucked it up and told/show my mum my SH scars, perfectly aware this could make everything so much worse. At first she was convinced the cuts were not self-inflicted, and then she was convinced I didn't take care of them properly and so might have caught a disease. Finally she said I had punished myself enough so she won't say anything about it, and will not mention it anymore. Hmm...I'd say that wasn't that bad. :beard: Could have defo been worse!
    High ten! That's awesome, go you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Was rreally good seeing a lot of you at the london meet, even though I was stupidly nervous! I'm staying up in liverpool with family for a few days as my family wanted a break from looking after me, so I've been sent away. I can only get on here using my phone so won't be able to do it very much. Anyhow I hope people are doing ok
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepstick)
    x
    (Original post by dani_88)
    x
    (Original post by warp2125)
    x
    thanks all really appreciate the help!
    And they were some good ideas might have to try the money one for next time, guess I hadn't really though of that
    Was helpful thanks warp just nice to actually be able to say these things, no one IRL knows any of it!

possible ED stuff
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But I don't really feel comfortable talking to people I know about it! It was all ok though was feeling so sick by the time I got there I could only eat a couple of slices of pizza. As usual though they made a big deal about me not eating much but was impressed with my vague self control! We did have to go out though, because she wanted to, which means you go, but also I am so sick and tired of not being able to do anything I want to because of my anxiety and depression stuff, I don't want to go back to the point of not being able to go places because of food to. Already feel ****enough for not pulling myself together enough to go to the meet! sorry, just annoyed with myself, thanks for listening and stuff though
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix07)
    possible ED stuff
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But I don't really feel comfortable talking to people I know about it! It was all ok though was feeling so sick by the time I got there I could only eat a couple of slices of pizza. As usual though they made a big deal about me not eating much but was impressed with my vague self control! We did have to go out though, because she wanted to, which means you go, but also I am so sick and tired of not being able to do anything I want to because of my anxiety and depression stuff, I don't want to go back to the point of not being able to go places because of food to. Already feel ****enough for not pulling myself together enough to go to the meet! sorry, just annoyed with myself, thanks for listening and stuff though
    :hugs:

At least you went, and ate something, and coped

Don't be so hard on yourself about it, because if it were that easy for you to just "pull yourself together" then you wouldn't choose to be suffering from this craphole of an illness.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laut_biru)
    Wow VV that's impressive!

Please do take care of them though, you don't want to get an infection in them.
    That is impressive! Glad you agree!

Yeah yeah, I will :erm:

(Original post by bullettheory)
    High ten! That's awesome, go you!
    High ten indeed! Thanks
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a very mixed day. First I had an appointment with social services, which was really boring.Once I got home, I went Westfield with my dad and my brother. It was really stressful and tiring . Now I'm in bed. My brother is now sharing the room with me :mad:. I really want my own room. What 17-year old shares a bedroom? No work touched today .

The good thing is that I didn't have a nap earlier, but right now in bed I'm sweating a lot for some reason. It's got new covers, and I don't want to mess them up .

Tomorrow is Friday, and its probably going to be really boring
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    :hugs:

At least you went, and ate something, and coped

Don't be so hard on yourself about it, because if it were that easy for you to just "pull yourself together" then you wouldn't choose to be suffering from this craphole of an illness.
    Thanks really appreciate the support, just all really gets me down sometimes :hugs:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blargh. Guessing I won't be sleeping much tonight either
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.