The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, I'm not particularly a positivity kind of person. The mindfulness class was the biggest load of bull**** I've ever encountered so if the self esteem class is anything like that I think I would quit pretty quick.

I used to have a CPN who was obsessed with relaxation. It's like "voices are telling me to kill myself" "oh...why don't you think about a happy place and rellllllllax". Grrrrrr!

:rofl: wow.

Although, to be fair, Wolf isn't usually that slow at drinking, usually only one behind us two :tongue:

Not too slow, usually one one behind us every time we have two or three :smile:
Sitting her wishing I could be 13 againa nd change my life. :frown:
Reply 7382
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Sitting her wishing I could be 13 againa nd change my life. :frown:

I know how you feel :hugs: :cry2:
Original post by Nut.
Having a lazy day today.

On my third film and still in my dressing gown! :colondollar:

EDIT: ZOMG just discovered an episode of Stargate SG1 I haven't seen yet. :excited:

which episode? :smile: love SG-1!
Original post by warp2125
Well computer science is more theory based... AI, programming, robotics, computer ethics etc.

Although It depends on what uni you go to.

Ah I see, fair enough then, well really sorry that you can't go into it! No chance of re-doing maths or something? Because at my university it doesn't mention maths or anything.

Always been really **** with computers and all stuff like that!

Sorry probably not being much help asking you all these questions about it all...but I think future and jobs and stuff is just rubbish, would rather not have to think about it either!
Original post by avhhs
I know how you feel :hugs: :cry2:

:cry2: I know.I really really really wish I was 13 again. Before GCSEs and use my time so effectively that you know that today, I can look back with success.
:cry2: I know.I really really really wish I was 13 again. Before GCSEs and use my time so effectively that you know that today, I can look back with success.

I think this is a really common feeling. I feel very similar, I'd love to go back and this time not mess everything up. But, well, you can't. It would be great to but you/we can't. What you need to do is take a step back and look at your situation now and think about what manageable steps you can take to change it for the better. That's the only way round this.
Reply 7387
Original post by Phoenix07
Ah I see, fair enough then, well really sorry that you can't go into it! No chance of re-doing maths or something? Because at my university it doesn't mention maths or anything.

Always been really **** with computers and all stuff like that!

Sorry probably not being much help asking you all these questions about it all...but I think future and jobs and stuff is just rubbish, would rather not have to think about it either!

I did debate it.... but even if I spent everyday on the math... prolly wouldnt make a difference....that part of the brain just mis-fires. Plus now all the unis have upped their grade boundaries.... I wouldnt stand a chance.

Still guess its in the past now.... OMG.. sorry I have been yapping at you for ages.... and you have your dissertation to work on... sorry :colondollar:
I think this is a really common feeling. I feel very similar, I'd love to go back and this time not mess everything up. But, well, you can't. It would be great to but you/we can't. What you need to do is take a step back and look at your situation now and think about what manageable steps you can take to change it for the better. That's the only way round this.

I am tired now. There is no future for me. I can't change anything. My life is ruined.
Original post by warp2125
I did debate it.... but even if I spent everyday on the math... prolly wouldnt make a difference....that part of the brain just mis-fires. Plus now all the unis have upped their grade boundaries.... I wouldnt stand a chance.

Still guess its in the past now.... OMG.. sorry I have been yapping at you for ages.... and you have your dissertation to work on... sorry :colondollar:

Fair enough then hun, well it does suck ... but how you finding your business degree? Was originally going to do accounting at university but realised I wouldn't cope with all the business stuff :tongue:

But haha don't worry you aren't yapping at me, I am responding therefore you are yapping too me :tongue: lol! I would close TSR if I actually wanted to work, I really don't, so continue talking to me please :smile:
Reply 7390
Original post by SciFiBoy
which episode? :smile: love SG-1!

Bane :biggrin: (although it turns out I have seen it, just not the first 10 minutes :tongue:)

Heroes or Threads remain my favourite episodes :tongue:
I am tired now. There is no future for me. I can't change anything. My life is ruined.

Have you served a prison sentence and are on the sex offenders register?

No?

Your life isn't ruined, there's always a way. If you don't want to talk about it that's cool but if you want to share what's going on maybe people will have ideas that might help you. There is always a way. :smile:
Reply 7392

I just wish I'd done more to have a social life when I had the chance :sad:. And I wish I didn't have autism.
Reply 7393
Original post by Phoenix07
Fair enough then hun, well it does suck ... but how you finding your business degree? Was originally going to do accounting at university but realised I wouldn't cope with all the business stuff :tongue:

But haha don't worry you aren't yapping at me, I am responding therefore you are yapping too me :tongue: lol! I would close TSR if I actually wanted to work, I really don't, so continue talking to me please :smile:

Ahh ok.. cool beans.

Business is not all that hard...there are alot of bits about it I like... cant say I get on with my class mates alot though... there seem to be going through a stage where there all sleeping with each other. Maybe its a new form of networking?..lol

We have just done management accounting.... ZOMG it was awful...I swear by the time the lecture was over you honestly felt like you had a hangover.

So what do you think you will do when you finish uni?...
Have you served a prison sentence and are on the sex offenders register?

No?

Your life isn't ruined, there's always a way. If you don't want to talk about it that's cool but if you want to share what's going on maybe people will have ideas that might help you. There is always a way. :smile:

No.

Primarily, my future outlook is depressing.

It is ruined. Got no hope. I failed my exams (not even got results but felt so **** in my during exams :frown: ). Finish in May and got no job to go to.

I am ugleh.

There other things but those two things mentioned above are on my mind atm.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7395

Damn, I know this feeling. I wasted my teenage years. I did alright academically, but everything else was (and consequently is) rubbish. And even though I did well at uni, I'm doing a postgrad course which I might actually fail completely, so I know exactly what you mean when you say that you've nothing to look forward to in the near future :frown:
Original post by Nut.
Bane :biggrin: (although it turns out I have seen it, just not the first 10 minutes :tongue:)

Heroes or Threads remain my favourite episodes :tongue:

cool, I like that episode, Teal'c was an awesome character :biggrin:

Heroes is great, but also sad

Threads is awesome :biggrin: one of my faves too!
Original post by Anonymous
It was only an hour later than what you said when you posted that, there's still plenty of time left in the day.

Spoiler

Plan was to complete a problem sheet today and I'm on Q3 of 12. :ashamed:

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
I just wish I'd done more to have a social life when I had the chance :sad:. And I wish I didn't have autism.

There's plenty of chance to have a social life at university. Find something you like, join the society for it, voila you meet a bunch of people who also like it. Job done. :tongue:

No.

Primarily, my future outlook is depressing.

It is ruined. Got no hope. I failed my exams (not even got results but felt so **** in my during exams :frown: ). Finish in May and got no job to go to.

I am ugleh.

There other things but those two things mentioned above are on my mind atm.

Alright, well, have you been diagnosed as depressed? If not perhaps go talk to your GP, if yes then submit a mitigating circumstances form and your uni should let you resit the exams if you have indeed failed.

If you haven't failed, which is also possible, it doesn't matter that you haven't got a job to go into. I didn't have a job lined up after uni and the plan I did have got totally ****ed up so I just did a masters instead. It's not a problem, you just need to look for something that will allow you to get ahead and take that opportunity. If you don't want to do further education then volunteer somewhere, it would look great on your CV, people are always looking for volunteers and it might mean you can do something you actually care about until you can find a job.

As for "ugleh", man, I'm ugly as hell, I never had a girlfriend at school but I'm getting married this summer. Even ugly people can find happiness.
Original post by geetar
Damn, I know this feeling. I wasted my teenage years. I did alright academically, but everything else was (and consequently is) rubbish. And even though I did well at uni, I'm doing a postgrad course which I might actually fail completely, so I know exactly what you mean when you say that you've nothing to look forward to in the near future :frown:

this, I feel so **** as a result. I wish I went back in time, and actually just worked hard.

Latest