The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Male_Melons
this, I feel so **** as a result. I wish I went back in time, and actually just worked hard.

Cheer up. You've still got a life ahead of you- seek independence. This reminds of a programme I was watching the other day, I think it was the real housewives of Vancouver and one said what motivates to build the empire she had and rich lifestyle, was money at the end.

:smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Alright, well, have you been diagnosed as depressed? If not perhaps go talk to your GP, if yes then submit a mitigating circumstances form and your uni should let you resit the exams if you have indeed failed.

If you haven't failed, which is also possible, it doesn't matter that you haven't got a job to go into. I didn't have a job lined up after uni and the plan I did have got totally ****ed up so I just did a masters instead. It's not a problem, you just need to look for something that will allow you to get ahead and take that opportunity. If you don't want to do further education then volunteer somewhere, it would look great on your CV, people are always looking for volunteers and it might mean you can do something you actually care about until you can find a job.

I am volunteering. In fact I have a lot of work experience. It seem pointless and I haven't seen any fruits so far. :frown:
I am plannig to do a post-grad..

As for "ugleh", man, I'm ugly as hell, I never had a girlfriend at school but I'm getting married this summer. Even ugly people can find happiness.

You are probably better looking than me. 'eck even 93 year old shrek look a like is better lukin than me.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm getting really frustrated now. I was out with friends for the day and I had to come back early because I couldn't cope with the voices making me anxious and scared. Was planning to go out to a club tonight but can't do that now. Stupid ****ing olanzapine not working and useless ****ing psychiatrist won't change it :frown:

Hope you're all well!
Original post by harmony_01
Cheer up. You've still got a life ahead of you- seek independence. This reminds of a programme I was watching the other day, I think it was the real housewives of Vancouver and one said what motivates to build the empire she had and rich lifestyle, was money at the end.

:smile:

What guy watches real housewives? :confused: How is this helpful? Are you trolling?
Seriously pissed off with my so called friends, they're such dicks towards me and I am barely ever called out for anything anymore. Please tell me uni is better where I can make better friends. :frown:
Original post by Webberino
Plan was to complete a problem sheet today and I'm on Q3 of 12. :ashamed:

Spoiler

You still did some though, better than not bothering! :hugs: 12 questions on long maths questions would mess anybodys head up and you did the best you could. :hugs:

Thanks, it didn't go well but never mind.
Original post by Anonymous
Seriously pissed off with my so called friends, they're such dicks towards me and I am barely ever called out for anything anymore. Please tell me uni is better where I can make better friends. :frown:

I know what you mean. I have a friend at uni and he tells he does all sorts of things, gambling, alchol blah blah and puts me down. Yesterday we were in this turkish cafe and I ordered a donner. He just put me down and kept jokingly saying I have a "meathead". :frown:
I am volunteering. In fact I have a lot of work experience. It seem pointless and I haven't seen any fruits so far. :frown:
I am plannig to do a post-grad..

So why don't you focus on your post-grad? By the time you finish the job market might have improved and it sounds like you'd do pretty well at finding a job with a post-grad as well as all your work experience and volunteering.

You are probably better looking than me. 'eck even 93 year old shrek look a like is better lukin than me.

I seriously doubt that, but I do know how **** it is to really believe that you are that bad looking. :console:

I dunno if this will help but have you considered joining a gym? Ok you might not be all that facially (I don't know) but you could work out and get an awesome body, girls like that. :wink:
I feel like I'm doing a million things but actually doing nothing of any note. I'm trying so hard to keep myself busy (through college, work, going out etc). But my head is constantly on the go, as are the voices but yet I have absolutely no idea what they’re saying or what I'm thinking. I rarely have any connection to myself except the few seconds after I sh (which needless to say is getting decidedly regular and out of hand)

Anyone have any bright ideas/simple steps about how I can try and connect to myself without resorting to destructive behaviour, and how I can use my team to help, and not push them away which is what I'm doing now. I know I’m not coping and can feel myself sinking but I don’t know what to do. Sorry for suddenly turning up asking for help, but I’m lost and I just don't feel right at the moment.
Original post by warp2125
Ahh ok.. cool beans.

Business is not all that hard...there are alot of bits about it I like... cant say I get on with my class mates alot though... there seem to be going through a stage where there all sleeping with each other. Maybe its a new form of networking?..lol

We have just done management accounting.... ZOMG it was awful...I swear by the time the lecture was over you honestly felt like you had a hangover.

So what do you think you will do when you finish uni?...

Nah my brain just can't comprehend business, did accounting alevel and that was more then enough for me! Glad you enjoyed your account module though :tongue:

Haha yer maybe its come new craze...lets sleep with everyone on our course! don't sound very appealing, don't talk to anyone on my course and there are 400 in my year.

I don't know :frown: got accepted to do Occupational Therapy in september so might do that, but also looking into the maths teaching which I mentioned, but may just have to move home and get a job as I am currently completely and utterly poor!
Original post by headunderwater
I'm getting really frustrated now. I was out with friends for the day and I had to come back early because I couldn't cope with the voices making me anxious and scared. Was planning to go out to a club tonight but can't do that now. Stupid ****ing olanzapine not working and useless ****ing psychiatrist won't change it :frown:

Hope you're all well!

Is olanzapine the first antipsychotic you've tried? Sometimes it takes a while to find one that works. You need to be insistent with your psychiatrist that it's not working. Make sure they know how you feel and how atm the voices are having a lot of control over your life. Sometimes they just don't realize how **** things are so they don't much care about changing meds.
Is olanzapine the first antipsychotic you've tried? Sometimes it takes a while to find one that works. You need to be insistent with your psychiatrist that it's not working. Make sure they know how you feel and how atm the voices are having a lot of control over your life. Sometimes they just don't realize how **** things are so they don't much care about changing meds.

No, I've been on quetiapine before but it did nothing. I've been insistent to everybody on my team. I broke down in front of home treatment this morning because of the voices, but they're saying i'm too young to be put on another AP (to compliment the olanzapine), and they think if they took me off the olanzapine completely then i'd completely crash.
No, I've been on quetiapine before but it did nothing. I've been insistent to everybody on my team. I broke down in front of home treatment this morning because of the voices, but they're saying i'm too young to be put on another AP (to compliment the olanzapine), and they think if they took me off the olanzapine completely then i'd completely crash.

How weird. :s-smilie: Your profile says you're 20, when I was 20 I had already tried several antipsychotics, I dunno where they get the idea you're too young from. Sometimes the best thing is a mixture of typical and atypical working on different receptors, that's what works for me anyway. They might be right about the olanzapine sometimes they don't seem to work but if you stop them all hell breaks loose so it's not always a good idea to stop. Are you seeing the early intervention team? That might be something to ask about if this is your first episode of psychosis, they do intensive treatment and have more idea about antipsychotics so might be able to help you more.
How weird. :s-smilie: Your profile says you're 20, when I was 20 I had already tried several antipsychotics, I dunno where they get the idea you're too young from. Sometimes the best thing is a mixture of typical and atypical working on different receptors, that's what works for me anyway. They might be right about the olanzapine sometimes they don't seem to work but if you stop them all hell breaks loose so it's not always a good idea to stop. Are you seeing the early intervention team? That might be something to ask about if this is your first episode of psychosis, they do intensive treatment and have more idea about antipsychotics so might be able to help you more.

They just seriously have no idea how distressing voices are. Have asked about the EIT but this isn't my first experience of psychosis so they couldn't refer me. Had my first psychotic breakdown three years ago. It got better and now it has got much worse. :frown:
Reply 7414
Cracks are appearing. Sigh.
Reply 7415
[QUOTE="Phoenix07;37144198"]Nah my brain just can't comprehend business, did accounting alevel and that was more then enough for me! Glad you enjoyed your account module though :tongue:

Haha yer maybe its come new craze...lets sleep with everyone on our course! don't sound very appealing, don't talk to anyone on my course and there are 400 in my year.

I don't know :frown: got accepted to do Occupational Therapy in september so might do that, but also looking into the maths teaching which I mentioned, but may just have to move home and get a job as I am currently completely and utterly poor![/QUOTE

yea, I made it clear I wasnt interested in the whole sleeping around thing....was abit surprised just how many people were up for it though.... even a woman thats 34 is getting into it... although I find that just abit creepy... she has issues Im sure of it.

Congratz on the occupational therapy....I guess the only thing that really matters is that you do something that makes you happy...

lol.. I know that poor feeling all too well.... had a job scrubbing toilets in a care home for a while... god it was awful.:frown:
boredom setting in, bad thoughts along with it :frown: sore throat really is not helping :sad:
They just seriously have no idea how distressing voices are. Have asked about the EIT but this isn't my first experience of psychosis so they couldn't refer me. Had my first psychotic breakdown three years ago. It got better and now it has got much worse. :frown:

Yeah, you're right, I remember getting told stuff like have a bath, or think of a happy place and it's just like riiiiiight er...no. I used to self-harm to deal with mine too, it was the only way to get a break but, I dunno if you've tried this, but I found if I play my favorite music super loud and sing to it it does help block them out and because it's my favorite music also tends to make me feel a bit happier too. Sorry if you've tried that or if it sounds stupid to you. Although that wouldn't really help you with your friends. Have you told your friends you hear voices? Something else I find that helps is getting a hug and talking constantly to people, about whatever **** you can think of. Trying to ignore them doesn't work, but talking about how high the ceiling is and how I think the carpet would look better 2 shades lighter helps me deal with them. Er...yeah sorry if this is useless advice, just trying to help :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
You still did some though, better than not bothering! :hugs: 12 questions on long maths questions would mess anybodys head up and you did the best you could. :hugs:

Thanks, it didn't go well but never mind.

Just annoyed I spend so much time messing around and I'm going to do really bad in this exam if I don't get my head together. Feel guilty for the people who have supported me when I can't even be bothered to try. Ordered a new phone this morning, now annoyed at myself because I don't deserve it. Sorry, brain is in meltdown today, rant over. :hugs:

Ah well, maybe tomorrow will go better. :hugs:
Yeah, you're right, I remember getting told stuff like have a bath, or think of a happy place and it's just like riiiiiight er...no. I used to self-harm to deal with mine too, it was the only way to get a break but, I dunno if you've tried this, but I found if I play my favorite music super loud and sing to it it does help block them out and because it's my favorite music also tends to make me feel a bit happier too. Sorry if you've tried that or if it sounds stupid to you. Although that wouldn't really help you with your friends. Have you told your friends you hear voices? Something else I find that helps is getting a hug and talking constantly to people, about whatever **** you can think of. Trying to ignore them doesn't work, but talking about how high the ceiling is and how I think the carpet would look better 2 shades lighter helps me deal with them. Er...yeah sorry if this is useless advice, just trying to help :smile:

It's not useless advice, it's very helpful :smile: I called crisis last night and got through to the switchboard. They took an hour to call me back and when I finally spoke to them they told me to have a warm bath and have an early night :erm: I use music all the time, I take my ipod everywhere. In fact I sleep with music on because if its silent the voices are worse. I wouldn't be able to leave the house if i didn't have music in my ears. Only a few of my closest friends know but they don't really know how to help and I don't blame them for not wanting to get involved.

Latest