The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by headunderwater
?? Your last few posts and texts have been a little odd. Are you okay?

im just ****ed up and weird, I plan to leave TSR cause is all too crap really.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Same with me. I am worried about my future. I got work experience, volunteering down on my cv. I can't find a job or had no luck. am absolutely panicking. :frown:

Same :frown: I'm thinking of doing a bit more volunteering, not for job experience but for my own good. I want a job before university so I have some money saved over but it looks like I won't get one in time.

I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I'm annoyed because I have friends who have jobs and many are like "I don't want to have a job" "I'm skipping work to do this and do that", and some are terrible at their jobs. I know I shouldn't feel like that, but it makes me feel worthless, like I'm not wanted.
Original post by warp2125
Hey, if you need a good moan then have one. If I have a bad day I can complain at you... so it all works out..lol:biggrin:

It used to suck when I was younger... now it does not really bother me... birthdays were always the worst.... I was always the forgotten one.... actually its been that way all my life... aunts, uncles, grandparents... always forgotten.

TBH it hasnt really changed when I think about it... people talk to me when they want/need something.... outside of that..... Im pretty much unwanted. such is life.

Haha true true you are always welcome to have a good moan at me to :smile:

Yer I know what you mean ... always just kind of blend in with my other sisters but meh stopped caring now!

Well I don't only talk to you when I need something .... have been talking to you for other reasons over the past few days too :tongue:
Reply 7803
Original post by Phoenix07
Haha true true you are always welcome to have a good moan at me to :smile:

Yer I know what you mean ... always just kind of blend in with my other sisters but meh stopped caring now!

Well I don't only talk to you when I need something .... have been talking to you for other reasons over the past few days too :tongue:

lol.. didnt come out quite the way I wanted it to.... I should of said people around me in RL. lol... other reasons.. I thought we were just yapping and making the other laugh..:tongue:
Sorry it's been so long (again), folks.

Truth is, I sort of lost any form of interest, pleasure or entertainment in doing anything at all that I've ever enjoyed. I was going to come to the London meet, but I got food poisoning (I'm never going to that chinese place again).

Sorry if any of you were worried about me - things haven't been going too well and I'm about one bad event away from giving up on my future and just sitting on the couch of the rest of my life to be honest. :frown:

I lost perspective and withdrew into myself (on the bright side, I managed to get Aston Villa into the Champions League on football manager) - that's pretty much my greatest success since Christmas.

So how is everyone? Hope you're all ok.

Love&Hugs

Chris
Reply 7805
Why am I so strange, the normal person wants to go running in the day to not get killed or raped. I want to wait until it's dark so people can't see me. Oh lawd I am dumb.
Original post by Anonymous
Ugh, I wrote a massive post and then deleted it and I can't be bothered writing it all again so I'll keep it short. School is rubbish, I already have loads of work for tomorrow, my friends are bitches and I have a 2 hour English lit mock on Tuesday and when I fail it will be another reason as to why my English teacher wants me dead.

How are you? :hugs:

Ah annoying! :console: Have you thought anymore about asking nuture lady to talk to your teachers? :hugs:

Not bad thanks, brother seems to be in one of his moods though. :sad:
Got an email asking me to arrange a meeting about DSA, bit scared so thinking of waiting til I see mentor on Thursday to reply and hope he might help me sort it out. :colondollar:
Reply 7807
Original post by Chrisofsmeg
Sorry it's been so long (again), folks.

Truth is, I sort of lost any form of interest, pleasure or entertainment in doing anything at all that I've ever enjoyed. I was going to come to the London meet, but I got food poisoning (I'm never going to that chinese place again).

Sorry if any of you were worried about me - things haven't been going too well and I'm about one bad event away from giving up on my future and just sitting on the couch of the rest of my life to be honest. :frown:

I lost perspective and withdrew into myself (on the bright side, I managed to get Aston Villa into the Champions League on football manager) - that's pretty much my greatest success since Christmas.

So how is everyone? Hope you're all ok.

Love&Hugs

Chris

Heyy, was going to text you last night but I had a shower and then forgot :colondollar:.

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. :console:
There'll be another meet up some time over the summer, so don't think you've escaped from meeting all of us :colone:.

Football Manager achievements definitely count in real life. I'm just waiting for everybody to come to their senses and realise that I'm going to be the person to succeed Arsene Wenger. :tongue:
I'm on a roll with Boreham Wood atm, taking them up from the bottom league with 3 straight promotions :woo:
Original post by Loveuraliens
Good thing there is a way to change everything and your feelings. Do not do anything to yourself before you have tried everything out.
People can heal from really deep places.
Have you tried/do you have access to therapy?

I started doing mind gym, and at least for me it has helped so far. Helped me to find out my warped thoughts and well at least it gives techniques how to "delete" the warped thinking. Now I just have to learn how to use them :smile:

im supposed to call IAPT but I keep putting it off and I doubt will help anyway cause nothing ever does, constant feeling in my chest and constant bad thoughts :frown:
Reply 7809
Original post by SciFiBoy
im supposed to call IAPT but I keep putting it off and I doubt will help anyway cause nothing ever does, constant feeling in my chest and constant bad thoughts :frown:

You can't just expect to turn up to therapy etc with a crap attitude and expect it to work. It's only ever going to work if the patient gives it a chance.
Original post by warp2125
lol.. didnt come out quite the way I wanted it to.... I should of said people around me in RL. lol... other reasons.. I thought we were just yapping and making the other laugh..:tongue:

Nah I know what you meant :tongue: don't really have anyone IRL anymore though so meh! But I meant I was here for the entertainment factor too not just to constantly complain at you ... was all I was saying :tongue:
Original post by Idle
You can't just expect to turn up to therapy etc with a crap attitude and expect it to work. It's only ever going to work if the patient gives it a chance.

idk, I feel pretty crap a lot at the moment so not sure when I am gonna feel well enough for that :frown:
Reply 7812
Original post by Phoenix07
Nah I know what you meant :tongue: don't really have anyone IRL anymore though so meh! But I meant I was here for the entertainment factor too not just to constantly complain at you ... was all I was saying :tongue:

Oh right... now I get it. Im glad I to be of assistance, Hows your evening shaping up?
Reply 7813
idk, I feel pretty crap a lot at the moment so not sure when I am gonna feel well enough for that :frown:

If you feel that bad then get an emergency GP appointment, CPN if you have one and explain this to them that you need something more immediate and hard hitting initially.
Original post by Nut.
Heyy, was going to text you last night but I had a shower and then forgot :colondollar:.

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. :console:
There'll be another meet up some time over the summer, so don't think you've escaped from meeting all of us :colone:.

Football Manager achievements definitely count in real life. I'm just waiting for everybody to come to their senses and realise that I'm going to be the person to succeed Arsene Wenger. :tongue:
I'm on a roll with Boreham Wood atm, taking them up from the bottom league with 3 straight promotions :woo:

Thanks love. Oh jolly good, I was looking forward to it - so now I can still look forward to something, at least :smile:

Funny you should save that. As I have to take a gap year next year, I will be doing several football coaching qualifcations. In the six months following the end of the exam period in June, I will be doing several different qualifications, culminating in my being given a UEFA-C License in coaching (Entitling my to manage any club as high as league 2. In theory, anyway. In practice I'd need actual experience before I got anywhere near there lol). I thought it would be a productive way of spending my gap year instead of only volunteering.

Plus, if my medicine career goes out the window, I may genuinely consider football management as an alternative :smile:

So, there are some positives there, but that's about it. I'm currently in the middle of dealing with the anniversaries of deaths of my mother and two very close friends of mine. All between the end of february and the end of april. Fun times.

You been ok, love?
Reply 7815

:hugs: from someone who is also feeling crap today. Hope tomorrow's better for you.
Original post by Idle
If you feel that bad then get an emergency GP appointment, CPN if you have one and explain this to them that you need something more immediate and hard hitting initially.

seeing my GP on Friday anyway, don't have a CPN (also not entirely sure what one is?), idk I would call someone but idk who and my mum will hear if I use my phone then want to know why :frown:

Original post by geetar
:hugs: from someone who is also feeling crap today. Hope tomorrow's better for you.

sorry you feel down, idk how I feel tomorrow if I will even be tomorrow.

If you are not in a condition good enough for therapy you DO need something more urgent. And if I read right and you are cutting yourself that means you need something /some kind of help right now.
I am not from UK so I have no idea how the system works there, but I am positive there is some kind of emerengy thing you can call to. Probably some of the UK writers here can tell you what to do if you don`t know.
Even if it feels like it will never help, it is worth the try anyways.
Reply 7818
Original post by Chrisofsmeg
Thanks love. Oh jolly good, I was looking forward to it - so now I can still look forward to something, at least :smile:

Funny you should save that. As I have to take a gap year next year, I will be doing several football coaching qualifcations. In the six months following the end of the exam period in June, I will be doing several different qualifications, culminating in my being given a UEFA-C License in coaching (Entitling my to manage any club as high as league 2. In theory, anyway. In practice I'd need actual experience before I got anywhere near there lol). I thought it would be a productive way of spending my gap year instead of only volunteering.

Plus, if my medicine career goes out the window, I may genuinely consider football management as an alternative :smile:

So, there are some positives there, but that's about it. I'm currently in the middle of dealing with the anniversaries of deaths of my mother and two very close friends of mine. All between the end of february and the end of april. Fun times.

You been ok, love?

Haha awesome. Just so you know, I won't stop pestering you until you make me assistant... :colone:

That sounds really tough. :hugs:
I can't be too much use there I don't think. I just tend to smoke more around unhappy anniversaries...

Yeah I'm not too bad. Had a couple of rough days because my mum has been exercising her let's-insult-my-daughter muscles, but my mood hasn't taken too much of a hit thankfully.
I've been spending lots of quality time with my budgie. :h: He likes sitting on my shoulder and trying to make a nest in my hair :tongue:.
Reply 7819
seeing my GP on Friday anyway, don't have a CPN (also not entirely sure what one is?), idk I would call someone but idk who and my mum will hear if I use my phone then want to know why :frown:

A CPN is a Community Psych Nurse. You might want to ask your GP if you can get a referral to one (or through CMHT if you have one) because I find them helpful.

It's really useful for me to have a direct phoneline to somebody who can put things in motion, like arranging appointments with a psychiatrist, when my mood is going down again.
It cuts out a lot of the waiting for me.

Latest