The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warp2125
Oh right... now I get it. Im glad I to be of assistance, Hows your evening shaping up?

evening is alright ... watching batman at the moment :tongue: but chest pains are really bad tonight which is really ****! Hows your evening shaping up to be?
Han inadvertently called me fat earlier. She was after her clothes size in a shop and said something about them not having 'normal' sizes. Her size 18 miserable ass girlfriend standing right next to her and she complains that they don't have 'normal' sizes - none of them being ones that'd fit me.

And then I got upset and said something along the lines of "I'll dive into the sea" and she'd be sorry. And she just said 'go on then' and all day it's just like her little digs, although playful have been super hurtful.

And I just accidentally knocked a glass over and she shouted at me as though I planned to get blackcurrant over our fricking holiday house's cream rug. I cleaned it up and now I'm sitting crying on my bed. She's on the next bed over talking to her stupid tumblr friends as I sit here thinking of excuses to lock myself in the bathroom to relapse.

I feel dreadful and there's a weather warning out. The harbour we're next to has put it's sea defences in place and the pier has been closed. It would take so little to just walk out there to be washed away and her life wouldn't be burdened with stupid clumsy shy fat me.
Original post by Loveuraliens
Ok that sounds really bad. Is there anyone there you can go to now? another family member? Friend? If you don`t want your mom hear you using phone you can text or something.

don't know who I would text, people would probably just ignore me anyway.
Original post by Nut.
Haha awesome. Just so you know, I won't stop pestering you until you make me assistant... :colone:

That sounds really tough. :hugs:
I can't be too much use there I don't think. I just tend to smoke more around unhappy anniversaries...

Yeah I'm not too bad. Had a couple of rough days because my mum has been exercising her let's-insult-my-daughter muscles, but my mood hasn't taken too much of a hit thankfully.
I've been spending lots of quality time with my budgie. :h: He likes sitting on my shoulder and trying to make a nest in my hair :tongue:.

Having you as my assistant would do wonders for football. Equality etc (Plus you're awesome, aside from being an ******** Arsenal fan. :tongue:)

My lungs are probably caked in tar. I've been averaging 200 a fortnight - that is not good at all. That's 10 packs in 14 days, so about 15 a day, give or take a couple. I've switched to smoking roll-ups as well as straights now, saves me a fair amount of money, which is going towards my two weeks on a medditeranean (can't be bothered to check if that spelling is correct, it works phoenetically, that'll do) island and sip mojhitos in peace and quiet after the exams fund. Then I'll build a robot to blow **** up, then I'll do my football coaching :P

Ah, parents suck sometimes, they really do. My dad hasn't bothered to contact me for a month. Granted he's been busy working, but that's not an excuse, I'm his only son and for that matter, probably his only friend lol.

Glad you have something to keep you company at least. My nan had a budgie once and it had an awful habit of sitting on her head, taking a crap and then sodding off again.

Edit: Damned swearfilter ruined my Arsenal joke. Curses, foiled again. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Webberino

Spoiler

Trying to avoid him. :tongue:
Will do, hope the man doesn't mind waiting a few days for a reply. :redface:

Spoiler

Haven't given my homework a thought tonight, I'll just have to do it in form tomorrow. :s-smilie:

Well if he does mind he doesn't have much of a choice about the wait so he can suck it :laugh:
Original post by SciFiBoy
don't know who I would text, people would probably just ignore me anyway.

You don`t know if you don`t try. Really. Just because you feel worthless does not mean other people see you as one!

And at least there is some kind of professional emergency numbers you can call to. Or even emergency clinics you can just go to right now to get treated.

If you are 23 you are free to call/whatever you wish. Yes I can believe how difficult it is with difficult mother, and suffering from mental problems makes dealing with difficult people even harder. :s-smilie:
You and your mother can not talk about all your problems?
You don`t know if you don`t try. Really. Just because you feel worthless does not mean other people see you as one!

And at least there is some kind of professional emergency numbers you can call to. Or even emergency clinics you can just go to right now to get treated.

If you are 23 you are free to call/whatever you wish. Yes I can believe how difficult it is with difficult mother, and suffering from mental problems makes dealing with difficult people even harder. :s-smilie:
You and your mother can not talk about all your problems?

I can talk to her she just doesn't understand and starts saying im being selfish or suggesting stupid ideas that won't help or just generally being OTT and annoying, I don't want to talk to my mum, I would rather be able to talk to a friend or something but can't so meh.
Reply 7827
Just to say people, talk about SH and suicide isn't allowed, spoilers or not.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Han inadvertently called me fat earlier. She was after her clothes size in a shop and said something about them not having 'normal' sizes. Her size 18 miserable ass girlfriend standing right next to her and she complains that they don't have 'normal' sizes - none of them being ones that'd fit me.

And then I got upset and said something along the lines of "I'll dive into the sea" and she'd be sorry. And she just said 'go on then' and all day it's just like her little digs, although playful have been super hurtful.

And I just accidentally knocked a glass over and she shouted at me as though I planned to get blackcurrant over our fricking holiday house's cream rug. I cleaned it up and now I'm sitting crying on my bed. She's on the next bed over talking to her stupid tumblr friends as I sit here thinking of excuses to lock myself in the bathroom to relapse.

I feel dreadful and there's a weather warning out. The harbour we're next to has put it's sea defences in place and the pier has been closed. It would take so little to just walk out there to be washed away and her life wouldn't be burdened with stupid clumsy shy fat me.

I really hope you don`t do anything, no matter how hard it feels.
Not for that reason. It is your life, and you deserve to be happy living it, just for you. Don`t think yourself as somebody's burden or as bad for someone, since it is your life and you live it for your own happiness, not to make someone else happy.
And other thing, you do not know what that girl thinks about you for real. You do not see inside her head. Probably she does not see you as stupid fat burden, not at all.
I hope you find professional help from there and feel better soon <3
I can talk to her she just doesn't understand and starts saying im being selfish or suggesting stupid ideas that won't help or just generally being OTT and annoying, I don't want to talk to my mum, I would rather be able to talk to a friend or something but can't so meh.

Please, try to talk to a friend. It seems like you have them, at least what I understand. Even if it feels like they do not care they probably do.
Just try to reach out. There is nothing to loose right now anyways.
Please, try to talk to a friend. It seems like you have them, at least what I understand. Even if it feels like they do not care they probably do.
Just try to reach out. There is nothing to loose right now anyways.

people don't reply to my texts or messages on facebook though...the only people who seem to reply is on here and even then not always :frown:
people don't reply to my texts or messages on facebook though...the only people who seem to reply is on here and even then not always :frown:

Hey, I have to go to sleep soon since I have work tomorrow and I live in different time zone so it is later here. But, please call to an professional. There is emergency you can go to. Even to the nightline. Talking to a living person makes you feel at least a bit better.
http://nightline.ac.uk/talk-to-us

Your mom does not probably understand mental illnesses, and maybe her also talking to a professional who could explain her how things work would help you and her understand each other. I think even your doctor could do that.
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Haven't given my homework a thought tonight, I'll just have to do it in form tomorrow. :s-smilie:

Well if he does mind he doesn't have much of a choice about the wait so he can suck it :laugh:

Spoiler

Ah well, can't be helped with what you've been going through. :jumphug:

I suppose so :lol:
Really losing hope with harder module, there's so much to remember. Exam 2 weeks away. :nooo:
Reply 7833
Original post by Chrisofsmeg
Having you as my assistant would do wonders for football. Equality etc (Plus you're awesome, aside from being an ******** Arsenal fan. :tongue:)

My lungs are probably caked in tar. I've been averaging 200 a fortnight - that is not good at all. That's 10 packs in 14 days, so about 15 a day, give or take a couple. I've switched to smoking roll-ups as well as straights now, saves me a fair amount of money, which is going towards my two weeks on a medditeranean (can't be bothered to check if that spelling is correct, it works phoenetically, that'll do) island and sip mojhitos in peace and quiet after the exams fund. Then I'll build a robot to blow **** up, then I'll do my football coaching :P

Ah, parents suck sometimes, they really do. My dad hasn't bothered to contact me for a month. Granted he's been busy working, but that's not an excuse, I'm his only son and for that matter, probably his only friend lol.

Glad you have something to keep you company at least. My nan had a budgie once and it had an awful habit of sitting on her head, taking a crap and then sodding off again.

Edit: Damned swearfilter ruined my Arsenal joke. Curses, foiled again. :tongue:

You're right, I am an awesome Arsenal fan :awesome: :yes:

Haha yeah that is quuuite a lot to be smoking. My parents disapprove to I haven't had once since Thursday. On roll ups myself atm - treated myself to a pack in London but it set me back almost £9!
Holiday sounds nice though. :tongue:

Maybe you should drop him a text or leave him a message to remind him?

And yeah Ozzy does that sometimes too, just usually to my mum and not be (smart little thing he is :colone:).
Original post by Nut.
You're right, I am an awesome Arsenal fan :awesome: :yes:

Haha yeah that is quuuite a lot to be smoking. My parents disapprove to I haven't had once since Thursday. On roll ups myself atm - treated myself to a pack in London but it set me back almost £9!
Holiday sounds nice though. :tongue:

Maybe you should drop him a text or leave him a message to remind him?

And yeah Ozzy does that sometimes too, just usually to my mum and not be (smart little thing he is :colone:).

Awesome is one letter short. You know exactly what I was trying to say :tongue:

I buy in bulk. £68 for 200 equates to £6.80 a pack. As opposed to the £8.50 they cost since the budget per pack (George Osbourne is a bastard).

Holiday is another thing I'm quite looking forward to.

I don't really want to bother him at the moment. Bit irritated with him so I'll just send a bitchy, passive-agressive text if I do it now lol - best to wait a bit, either until he decides to call/text me or whenever I'm a bit more mellow, either will do!
Oh no, have to be up early tommorow for a job interview(8am probably) yet my washing machine has broke with the washing still inside(washed but unable to be removed)

The machine just froze when spindrying and wont do anything.
Original post by Webberino

Spoiler

Ah well, can't be helped with what you've been going through. :jumphug:

I suppose so :lol:
Really losing hope with harder module, there's so much to remember. Exam 2 weeks away. :nooo:

It probably could be if I tried harder I think. Should have plenty of time to do it tomorrow though.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully mentor will give you a bit of a confidence boost :console:
First follow up appointment tomorrow.. Is it just basic questions and what not to see how I'm getting on? They don't go changing your meds or upping doses or anything this early on do they?
I'm calm, but uni work is stressing me out. 725 words out of a planned 1000 for the day, out of 2500 for the entire piece, and I've just read an email from my supervisor clarifying things that one of the guys in my group sent him and it seems like I'm way off track. Not allowed to do a draft for this one :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by dani_88
First follow up appointment tomorrow.. Is it just basic questions and what not to see how I'm getting on? They don't go changing your meds or upping doses or anything this early on do they?

That'd probably depend on standard procedure for the drug you're on, how long you've been on it, and how well you'd say it's been working.

It's good that they're monitoring you closely.

Latest