The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiBoy
ah, fair enough :smile: I play lot's and watch a lot of blu-rays and such so 32'inch full HD is a dream for me! you ain't seen your fave show till you have seen it in 1080p :coma:

that's really good value if you can get one £60 or less :smile: if you get the games pre-owned as well (or at least some of em) you can get a decent kit out for £100 or so as well, hope you have fun if you decide to get one :smile:

Mine is 22 inches I think.

Spoiler

Have been discharged from home treatment. yaaaaaaaaaaay.
Original post by headunderwater

Awesome! :woo:
Original post by paddy__power
Mine is 22 inches I think.

Spoiler

small :tongue:

Spoiler

Sweet! :biggrin:

congrats :smile:
Original post by SciFiBoy
small :tongue:

Spoiler

Probably best to let that exchange fade into history :lol:
So....people are following me again. One side of me is saying I'm imagining it, or if they are following me they just happen to be walking the same way as me, that's all it is; a coincidence. The other side of me is pretty convinced the government is spying on me again. At the time, when I'm outside, it feels very much like the latter, but now I'm home and I'm reflecting on it, the former seems more likely. It's a scary and confusing situation to be in. What I need is some fantastic objective way of telling what reality is...the problem being of course that such a thing doesn't exist, the closest I have is my girlfriend's opinion, but how much should I trust her? She's always been right in the past, but then she's not here, she didn't see the guys following me. I hate trying to think about these things. :banghead:
Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if you could give me some advice or anything helpful. I dont know if im writing on the right bit and i feel a bit silly writing on here but feel even stupider talking to people.
Ive had a pretty crap upbringing. My mum has attempted suicide 5 times in the last 4 years and the last one was during my AS exams last year when she was hospitalised and was very nearly sectioned. I have had to look after her and my brother for as long as i can remember because my dad wasnt around and my mum wasnt able. Since coming out of hospital (in about july) she met a new man (i have no idea why) who moved in within a matter of weeks and chucked me out of the house as he said that im the reason my mum is ill. Luckily i have an amazing bf who had let me live with him. Its not the most amazing situation but im lucky i have somewhere to live. Im currently trying to study for my A level and have 7 exams coming up soon. Since being thrown out of the house i feel absolutely worthless and feel likei cant please anyone and im going to let everyone down. I want to sleep all of the time but i struggle too so im always tired. I keep crying over the stupidest things. I cant bring myself to go into college as im scared im going to break down. Before last year i was pretty confident and outgoing. I just dont know what to do. Ive been to the doctors and have seen a counciller but nothing seems to help. The exams are stressing me out anyway but i feel down all of the time.

Sorry about the essay :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
So....people are following me again. One side of me is saying I'm imagining it, or if they are following me they just happen to be walking the same way as me, that's all it is; a coincidence. The other side of me is pretty convinced the government is spying on me again. At the time, when I'm outside, it feels very much like the latter, but now I'm home and I'm reflecting on it, the former seems more likely. It's a scary and confusing situation to be in. What I need is some fantastic objective way of telling what reality is...the problem being of course that such a thing doesn't exist, the closest I have is my girlfriend's opinion, but how much should I trust her? She's always been right in the past, but then she's not here, she didn't see the guys following me. I hate trying to think about these things. :banghead:

Could have written this myself. Can't offer any advice other than something a psych once told me. That sense of dread, of eyes on you, feeling as if they can hear your thoughts and all the emotions associated with it act as enough evidence for us to justify that it must be happening. BUT, these feelings can occur without anything like that actually being the case, you just have to try and hold on to that knowledge when you feel it.
I barely have the concentration to read or watch tv but when I try to I think that everything that they say is about me or a secret message aimed at me.
Original post by Webberino

Aww tough situation :console:
Hope he stops being such a douche soon. :tongue:

They are indeed :tongue:
Didn't do any work yesterday evening, really need to sort it out today!

Hope it went well!

Saw nurture today and you know when you start speaking, words come out and you wish you could just put them back into your mouth? That kind of happened. :frown: Told her pretty much everything so she phoned CAMHS and my mum and CAMHS said I should have an appointment at the end of this week/beginning of next week. Not sure if that's with my CPN (Shelly :awesome: or the psychiatrist. I'm so scared of my mum coming home from work because she told nurture she thought I was starting to feel better and she'll be so disappointed and worried.
Nurture wants me to write the things I couldn't say out loud to her and I'll see her tomorrow but some things I can''t even write here so I won't be able to write them down for somebody to actually read. :eek: She hugged me at the end too. :colondollar:
Feeling massively guilty about this whole situation.

On the plus side I don't think my mock was as horrendous as I thought it would be.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Could have written this myself. Can't offer any advice other than something a psych once told me. That sense of dread, of eyes on you, feeling as if they can hear your thoughts and all the emotions associated with it act as enough evidence for us to justify that it must be happening. BUT, these feelings can occur without anything like that actually being the case, you just have to try and hold on to that knowledge when you feel it.

Yeah, I'm trying to hold onto those thoughts but it's difficult you know? It's like all the evidence is screaming at me to think bad thoughts and it's really difficult to try and ignore it.

I barely have the concentration to read or watch tv but when I try to I think that everything that they say is about me or a secret message aimed at me.

I get this whenever I listen to the radio.

I just watched an episode of family guy and I think my hatred for that stupid show blinded me to any secret messages :tongue: But I know how it feels, and how hard it can be to concentrate on ****, you got my sympathy there. :console:
Reply 8453
At home, and just don't care about anything now. I just hate my parents. I just want to get rid of them. They always put me in a bad mood. I just want to somehow get away from here. I don't want to live here anymore. I want to live somewhere where I'm loved. I've had enough of this.
Original post by avhhs
At home, and just don't care about anything now. I just hate my parents. I just want to get rid of them. They always put me in a bad mood. I just want to somehow get away from here. I don't want to live here anymore. I want to live somewhere where I'm loved. I've had enough of this.

Are you year 13? If so then just remember you've got uni in just a few months, a fresh new to start to your life with new people.
Reply 8455
Original post by Anonymous
Are you year 13? If so then just remember you've got uni in just a few months, a fresh new to start to your life with new people.

Nope. Year 12 :cry:. Can't concentrate at all on revision either :cry: Just want this pain to end.

Also, there's no guarantee of university at the end of Year 13 :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 8456
Original post by Phoenix07
Does seem like most people turn out to not be worth the hassle though .... which really does suck, but nvm hey!

haha owh dear, the dryer at uni is **** so don't so that here but may try that when I am back home. Although had a slight incident yesterday with melting an item but its all ok lol

I only have 9-11 today although got a fair bit of presentation preparation to do which is rubbish :frown: don't want to do them!

I need caffeine :frown: all high on painkillers and cold and flu stuff!

Still feeling awful, hope you are alright today though hun!

Hey.... oh dear... cant imagine what would melted...lol :colondollar:
Working on presentation tomorrow.... some how I have the biggest section to cover (yikes). The last two days have been really good.... no signs of nerves... whoop whoop... and as sad as it sounds I heard some info this afternoon that has made my day :biggrin:
Original post by avhhs
Nope. Year 12 :cry:. Can't concentrate at all on revision either :cry: Just want this pain to end.

Also, there's no guarantee of university at the end of Year 13 :wink: :biggrin:

I see, lol and yes that's true about it not being guaranteed. I know how you feel and it's ****, sorry I couldn't be off any help.

P.S. I am also unfortunate enough to be living in West London :tongue:
Reply 8458
Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if you could give me some advice or anything helpful. I dont know if im writing on the right bit and i feel a bit silly writing on here but feel even stupider talking to people.
Ive had a pretty crap upbringing. My mum has attempted suicide 5 times in the last 4 years and the last one was during my AS exams last year when she was hospitalised and was very nearly sectioned. I have had to look after her and my brother for as long as i can remember because my dad wasnt around and my mum wasnt able. Since coming out of hospital (in about july) she met a new man (i have no idea why) who moved in within a matter of weeks and chucked me out of the house as he said that im the reason my mum is ill. Luckily i have an amazing bf who had let me live with him. Its not the most amazing situation but im lucky i have somewhere to live. Im currently trying to study for my A level and have 7 exams coming up soon. Since being thrown out of the house i feel absolutely worthless and feel likei cant please anyone and im going to let everyone down. I want to sleep all of the time but i struggle too so im always tired. I keep crying over the stupidest things. I cant bring myself to go into college as im scared im going to break down. Before last year i was pretty confident and outgoing. I just dont know what to do. Ive been to the doctors and have seen a counciller but nothing seems to help. The exams are stressing me out anyway but i feel down all of the time.

Sorry about the essay :frown:

I'm not a regular in this thread, although I was about to post because I've had repeated spells of 'depression' over the past few years. But I feel I'd rather reply to you as you seem in a really difficult spot.

First of all, I honestly have no idea how it must feel to have your mum try and commit suicide so I won't pretend to but you do have my utmost sympathy. It must be difficult having to manage your exams and family simultaneously.

In my opinion, it helps to have someone to talk to. Whether it be a trustworthy friend or a professional, although I do prefer professionals as they have a greater knowledge of how you feel. After multiple bouts of depression I've finally been put on medication, which I'm not sure how I feel about but it seems like the only logical step forward for me. But I have arranged for counselling, which I have had in the past I can honestly say it's done me a world of good every time.

Maybe get in contact with a counselor? My college had one when I was doing my A Levels, if not your local GP will be able to help. The first thing to do is to not blame yourself. It is not your fault you feel the way you do. A lot of people, myself included think being depressed is a sign of mental weakness, but I can assure it is not. Being able to talk to someone openly and honestly can take a huge mental weight off your shoulders.

It can be difficult to seek help, I myself took 3 months to do so and as a result my University may not believe me when I submit my NEC form, but do it as soon as you can. There's no shame in asking for help, we're only human and counselors are there to help, it's their job. :smile:

If you would like to talk to me further, then feel free to PM me and I'll advise you as best I can, or if you just want a casual chat about it then that's fine too. :smile:
Reply 8459
I see, lol and yes that's true about it not being guaranteed. I know how you feel and it's ****, sorry I couldn't be off any help.

P.S. I am also unfortunate enough to be living in West London :tongue:

Never mind :smile:

Oi! :biggrin: Nothing "unfortunate" about living in West London :biggrin:

Latest