The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9860
Original post by Alofleicester
Aah. I don't appear to need sleep (or to stop drinking - my body is far too resilient to alcomahol and other drugs for my own good).

Still in the first season, but 16 points clear of second at the end of February and in the league cup final - the championship has been far too easy for my almighty team of south Americans at Leicester.

Lol mmm, I think I'd miss my sleep too much if I didn't need it. I like my weird dreams too much :tongue:

Ah I'm in 2024 and impatient to see how good this kid can turn out haha
Original post by headunderwater
:rofl:
I agree with you. It's a huge conspiracy. Although if we tell them this they'll blame it on the....

BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER!!!!!!!!!! YAY. BORDERLINE PSYCHOPATHS

Yep, paranoid behavior, that happens to borderlines when they're under stress. :wizard:

Original post by Noodlzzz
That is very egocentric of the government. Such black and white thinking, almost you might say... manipulative of them. Cameron has BPD? :wink:

They should start each house of Lords meeting with a DBT session. OMG this would be awesome. Like if one of them got upset about like the coalition going back on promises they have to label their emotions and let everyone know how they feel and then get responses from the other members of the group on what they're feeling :rofl:

I think you're onto something there. :awesome:
Reply 9862

I told them to tell me which 5 symptoms out of the 9 I fit into and they couldn't answer. Idiots. So they've arranged for the PD unit to come and assess me next week. :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth
I might steal your idea to get them to list the ones that apply - at my last appointment I went through them all in turn and pointed out that they didn't apply but it fell on deaf ears.

Sorry to butt in, just wanted to wish you luck with getting more sense out of different drs.

I tried this one (8 1/2 yr relationship with other half, best friend has been best friend for last 20 years, a couple of good supportive friends, no abandonment issues, no serious anger issues, no unstable view of self) - I got them to admit that I did not have 'pure' BPD, however they changed it to mixed PD with borderline and avoident traits. They could be right, but I still have a niggling feeling its only cos I did not fit neatly into one of their little boxes and I used to SH that I got landed with a PD dx.
I propose that if the next version of this thread is called DepSoc, it will be hideously misnamed at this stage.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Wheek
Sorry to butt in, just wanted to wish you luck with getting more sense out of different drs.

I tried this one (8 1/2 yr relationship with other half, best friend has been best friend for last 20 years, a couple of good supportive friends, no abandonment issues, no serious anger issues, no unstable view of self) - I got them to admit that I did not have 'pure' BPD, however they changed it to mixed PD with borderline and avoident traits. They could be right, but I still have a niggling feeling its only cos I did not fit neatly into one of their little boxes and I used to SH that I got landed with a PD dx.

Thanks, I hope I manage to get something sensible out of this dr too - I saw a private one who told me the diagnosis was total bull****, now all I have to do is get the NHS to agree. I get the feeling they all scratch each other's backs so it will be difficult.

I got diagnosed with 4 personality disorders :awesome: Beat that!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
What's the new obsession with mindfulness? Surely we're all going to get to a point of being so mindful that we stop functioning entirely?

Not sure. It's a load of crap. I don't understand why they preach about it so much. :dontknow:
Fluoxetine has completely wrecked the little bit of normality my sleep had. Constantly exhausted which just makes me feel worse.
CAMHS lady is coming into school tomorrow to talk to me about upping my dosage, would that make the inability to sleep worse?

PS - When we get the new thread, if I am not Anon #2 for the third time, stuff will go down. :colone:
Thanks, I hope I manage to get something sensible out of this dr too - I saw a private one who told me the diagnosis was total bull****, now all I have to do is get the NHS to agree. I get the feeling they all scratch each other's backs so it will be difficult.

Next step... get the NHS diagnose you with multiple personality disorder with each 4 separate personality having it's own corresponding PD :colone:
Reply 9868

No fair! I only managed three and the paranoid PD traits were never agreed upon - I was kinda proud of my parents for having screwed me up in ways from all three of the PD clusters! At least they did the job properly :biggrin:
Ugh. I ****ing hated learning mindfulness. Most pointless load of **** i've ever heard. We had to do stuff like 'mindfully' drinking a cup of tea, or 'mindfully' breathing. :angry:

I know, I had to eat a raisin for 15 MINUTES. What kind of **** is that? I wonder if I can persuade them to let me do mindful diazepam taking, I would be a lot more interested if that wast the case.

:rofl:

Oh man, this made me actually laugh out loud.

****ing mindfulness *******s.

Glad I made you laugh :tongue:

Just remember to label your emotions while it's happening and they'll be cool with it :wink:

They have alarms on the walls!? What kind of place is that? Having said that, when I was on one of the wards we had like emergency buttons above our bed. One of the guys who got admitted was so delusional/wacked out on meds he had no idea where he was and thought he was in a hotel. He kept pressing the emergency button asking for room service :rofl:

Oh he would love that so much...

When I was in hospital one of the guys hit the emergency button because there was no tea bags. I LOLd.

That is very egocentric of the government. Such black and white thinking, almost you might say... manipulative of them. Cameron has BPD? :wink:

Atleast we know he doesn't have reckless spending.
ITV1 now on male depression just started.
Original post by bullettheory
Yay! (Well not yay that you are borderline, but yay that there are some out there :tongue:)

:hugs: I got diagnosed for the first time about a year ago, and I had the same, no idea what to feel about it either. I still sometimes think "There is no way I have this", and try and push it all away, but I suppose that isn't very productive... Well I try not to anymore. Are you getting treatment for it?

Yay! I hadn't heard of it until I was diagnosed, I thought I was the only person in the world to have it!
My problem with borderline I guess is that after all this research I still don't "get" it. Like I don't understand the DSM criteria exactly or see how they're meant to fit together. And there's relatively so little info/knowledge/treatment available that I don't feel like getting a diagnosis is at all useful, you know?
I'm waiting for treatment, I've been referred! It would ideally be DBT, right? I don't think I can get that... are you getting treatment? What kind?
Also since you are the only borderline I've ever spoken to do you mind me asking - how can you tell when you're upset if it's borderline or depression? I don't know if the mood I'm experiencing most of the time is "chronic emptiness" or mild depression. Antidepressants don't seem to work, and I can't really imagine a life without it - it's sort of alone, bored and uninterested, but not sad exactly.

Remember guys: abuse + self harm = BPD.

:rolleyes:

I don't know where they got my diagnosis from either, other than self harm...
Reply 9872
Shouldn't this thread be closed by now? I thought it was every 10,000.
Seeing as there's gonna be a new thread soon I guess I should introduce myself as Hannah :smile: Don't want to come off anon but get the feeling I'll be hanging around for a while!

I SH so I'll be joining the ranks of those diagnosed with BPD in a couple of weeks, no doubt :rolleyes:
Reply 9874
Original post by Jackso
Shouldn't this thread be closed by now? I thought it was every 10,000.

Yeah but we are waiting for the new one to be approved.
Reply 9875
Original post by Idle
Yeah but we are waiting for the new one to be approved.

Makes sense.
Reply 9876
I SH and suffered abuse, no BPD apparently. I honestly think people should trust doctors more, they have 10 years + training and seen hundreds of cases vs what we have read on the internet.
ITV1 now on male depression just started.

gonna watch the repeat at 3am and see what I think, downstairs atm though.
Original post by Anonymous
Seeing as there's gonna be a new thread soon I guess I should introduce myself as Hannah :smile: Don't want to come off anon but get the feeling I'll be hanging around for a while!

I SH so I'll be joining the ranks of those diagnosed with BPD in a couple of weeks, no doubt :rolleyes:

Actually, technically next year or so, SH should become a diagnosis in and of itself.

Diagnosis of borderline has historically been controversial and flawed, but it's not that bad.
Original post by laut_biru
I propose that if the next version of this thread is called DepSoc, it will be hideously misnamed at this stage.

I've thought lately about creating a 'General MH Society' thread, or something similar, lately. Think it will be a good idea but not sure if TSR can handle/support it. Would be good to know what people think..

Latest