Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't THINK for a SECOND you don't owe me ********* at a more appropriate time because you DO Now I shall sleep and leave you to figure out what that word is and hence what you owe me. :proud:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Feel to push everyone away and just exist, reside, and be alone.
    Then we will just push back. Some of us won't give up on you

Even if I am not online much for various reasons, and so on, I still want you to be ok, even if I can't do much to make sure you are.

(Original post by Nut.)
    D'you know the best part about being drunk?
    Your own face looks more attractive in the mirror. Win. :ahee:
    To us, your face is attractive all the time

(Original post by Alofleicester)
    That's being drunk for you? I'm always brilliant when I look in the mirror (this has nothing to do with that I'm always drinking).

Poor kitty, you should definitely entrust me with kitty-kat :emog:
    That is what you think!

Spoiler:
    Show

Ok, I admit it, you are actually just very good looking and I am jealous, sorry for being mean

(Original post by headunderwater)
    Deffo the nakey pics seeing as i missed out at the meet
    True, you did - however I am willing to drive Wolf to you for a small fee.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    **** the diet, I need a drink. I think given that I managed to get through the evening with only a little harm to myself I should have a reward.

Got some delicious pear cider with blackcurrant. :drool:
    Sounds like an interesting combination, nice?

(Original post by VoltairianVulgarian)
    Does anyone else suffer from social anxiety especially when it comes to phone calls? I have to plan every phone call far in advance and prepare myself for how it might go and what might be said and how I can respond and what to say in the beginning and what to say at the end and that sort of thing to no end. I hate having to make phone calls and do everything I can to avoid it. Unfortunately sometimes they cannot be avoided which brings me to my point: what the hell do I do to improve this? ;_;
    I do. I get around this by just trying to avoid phone calls whenever I can, although I can manage professional calls when I need to.

(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I'm stuck doing some ridiculous HCI coursework and planning for next week's group project day (in which I will spectacularly vomit down as many important people as possible ).

I'll be freeeee after next Wednesday though if you'll be around? I do enjoy those socks. They are my most favourite type of sock. Especially when I wear them as a hat.
    Meeting at some point after next Wednesday sounds like a good plan Although I feel you only want to meet to see Wolf, and possibly only see her to get her socks

(Original post by headunderwater)
    And Wolf can be au naturale.
    This is pretty much standard though.

Just really.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    To us, your face is attractive all the time
    Lies, but I will accept apples as your penance :sexface:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find that being awake all night is quite a lonely thing? I can never sleep at night and it means I just sit with my thoughts and feel bad about stuff....

Then in the day I'm always too tired and grumpy to socialize with anyone anyway

(Original post by squiff93)
    Does anyone find that being awake all night is quite a lonely thing? I can never sleep at night and it means I just sit with my thoughts and feel bad about stuff....

Then in the day I'm always too tired and grumpy to socialize with anyone anyway
    Try writing/typing your thoughts out? I find it helps to get them down on paper and out of my head. Allows me to sort of distance myself from them until I'm ready to start worrying about them again
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transcendence)
    Then go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier.
    Spoken through experience there :yy:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Try writing/typing your thoughts out? I find it helps to get them down on paper and out of my head. Allows me to sort of distance myself from them until I'm ready to start worrying about them again
    Ah yeah I've just done that it helps but often my thoughts turn into me insulting myself and writing rules for myself in order to become 'a good person'
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=superwolf;37324261]
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug: Hoarding pills definitely isn't good. I have no idea if this would help in the slightest, but could you try buying something nice for yourself instead every time you get the urge to buy pills? Just cheap stuff obviously, otherwise you'd just accumulate more problems, but doing things to treat yourself would certainly be an improvement on stuff that harms you.

There are plenty of non-SSRI antidepressants - my personal recommendation would be agomelatine for its relative lack of side-effects (plus I don't think it affects your weight or anything triggering like that). You could do a bit of research and then explain what you've found to your doctors, and ask them to take your thoughts into consideration.

I really hope your eating disorder genuinely isn't a problem any more, but you make sure and look after yourself in case other people are right and it still is. :hugs:

You wouldn't necessarily have to drop out from uni altogether - you can always arrange to take some time off, from a week or two right up to whole years. I'd speak to your personal tutor and see what options they can offer you. Remember getting an education isn't going to do you that much good if in the process you ruin your health.

Firstly... :jumphug: You're wonderful to reply to so many messages and I really hope you're okay?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Going to google agomelatine now, thank you. And yeah, I was totally in denial mode about my ED. It's still a very big problem, just one I have no interest in dealing with.

I spoke to my adviser today and he said (previously) that taking time off would mean I'd have to resit the entire year. He gave me an email address of someone to talk to about withdrawing and warned me that there's no going back blah blah and told me to go to the financial adviser and wished me luck. I went to the financial adviser and they said that I'd have to pay back the fees for the full year and go to the accommodation office to terminate my contract. I couldn't go to the accommodation office because I had a coach to catch but overall, I'm just confused. My rent is paid today and obviously, I'm not at uni. I couldn't terminate my contract because I didn't know when I was leaving and I still have all my stuff in my room. I still haven't sent the email yet because if I withdraw, I don't know if they'll expect me to move out instantly? I'm just confused about everything. Confused about the money, confused about when I'll be officially expected to move out and just... confused. And then there's the thing I totally forgot about: housing next year. I paid the deposit already and I feel shi**y because I'm leaving my friends without a housemate. I offered to find them another one but I don't know how I'm going to do that. I texted the landlord but I'll probably call him in the morning to explain. Hopefully he can find someone? I don't know... Everything is so stressful.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and they said they were going to weigh me and I'm freaking out because I've been trying not to weigh myself because it makes things rubbish. But if I'm being weighed by other people, there is NO way on Earth I'm going to let them know my weight without knowing it myself. And my mood is going crazy again and I'm kind of welcoming the psychiatric side of the appointment because I definitely need help on that front.

I keep telling myself that I'm fine and nothing's wrong with me and then I get in THAT mood and I realise that no, I'm not fine. *sigh*

Thanks Superwolf. :jumphugs:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah I've just done that it helps but often my thoughts turn into me insulting myself and writing rules for myself in order to become 'a good person'

I have tried that. I can't manage to sleep for more than 3 hours without waking up no matter what. Even when I went to school and so got up at half six each day I would wake up constantly throughout the night.
    I'm in the same position and when I get like this I feel like there's nothing I can do to distract myself from my thoughts. I've tried comedy films or reading but I just can't concentrate on anything else.

Sorry just realised how massively unhelpful that was. I have found that if i get out of bed for a bit and do a task like ironing or plucking my eyebrows or doing my nails, sometimes with the tv on quietly in the background can actually help. The worse thing to do is just lie there.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't sleep because I'm so damn angry.

Mentally unstable... This is what I am, apparently. Nice to know that my so called friends are throwing that around twitter and the like about me...

Friends no more! I tell one person and now everyone knows and all of a sudden my depression has turned into me being 'massively mentally unstable' ... god..I've been living with it for months... When did I supposedly flip and become unstable eh? Some people just do not understand at all do they!

I ..I don't even know what to say..I'm just angry
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dottylottie)
    I'm in the same position and when I get like this I feel like there's nothing I can do to distract myself from my thoughts. I've tried comedy films or reading but I just can't concentrate on anything else.
    Yeah I used to go on walks with my ipod, which i did find quite helpful, just to feel kind of more free and the cold air and stars kind of help, but typically I've left that at home . I called my Mum tonight and told her I needed to be collected from Uni asap because I can't cope. So hopefully that'll help me.

(Original post by Transcendence)
    Eat/drink more before exercising. Do something fun, like swimming. Thinking negative thoughts is the same as wasting time, you might aswell be thinking about nothing. Think about other things more relevant like the general relativity.. Or something like that
    Out of interest why have you decided to start giving useful advice now rather than the more sarcy advice further up the thread? I think you think too black and white, sometimes the logical answer doesn't work. And yeah I fainted because I hadn't eaten, but I'm struggling with that at the moment so it's kind of hard. I think I will probably exercise tomorrow though hopefully play badminton or something thats quite fun.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I used to go on walks with my ipod, which i did find quite helpful, just to feel kind of more free and the cold air and stars kind of help, but typically I've left that at home . I called my Mum tonight and told her I needed to be collected from Uni asap because I can't cope. So hopefully that'll help me.

Out of interest why have you decided to start giving useful advice now rather than the more sarcy advice further up the thread? I think you think too black and white, sometimes the logical answer doesn't work. And yeah I fainted because I hadn't eaten, but I'm struggling with that at the moment so it's kind of hard. I think I will probably exercise tomorrow though hopefully play badminton or something thats quite fun.
    *huggles* I know that feeling.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Oh **** , it's today. :afraid:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=squiff93;37382419]Yeah I used to go on walks with my ipod, which i did find quite helpful, just to feel kind of more free and the cold air and stars kind of help, but typically I've left that at home . I called my Mum tonight and told her I needed to be collected from Uni asap because I can't cope. So hopefully that'll help me.

Hope your ok I actually just quit uni after 2 years because that phone call kept happening and I realised I wasn't in a place to continue studying. That was only because my depression got worse for other reasons though. In my 1st year little and often vists home really boosted me and kept me going so I hope your feel better tomorrow
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    *huggles* I know that feeling.
    awh thanks I have an appointment on friday with the mental health team so annoyingly i can't be picked up till friday, but friday is better than never. I'm so scared about going home though, but I think I desperately need to get away from this place! Especially because my mum says shes recorded lots of episodes of the bill for me to watch on sky + EVEN MORE REASON TO GO HOME! Frikkin love the bill

i hope things are okay with you. Remember if you ever need to talk you can pm me. *HUGSSSSSSSSSS*

xxx
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope your ok I actually just quit uni after 2 years because that phone call kept happening and I realised I wasn't in a place to continue studying. That was only because my depression got worse for other reasons though. In my 1st year little and often vists home really boosted me and kept me going so I hope your feel better tomorrow
    Thanks I've never been good about talking to my mum about depression and the other issues I have - which started the depression in the first place. So eventhough I want to drop out of Uni I don't think I ever could. I'm not in the right place at the moment but I am to focus on this over summer and try to come back to uni next year with a fresh start. In saying this I did say I was going to start revising over the easter holidays - and I haven't actually started yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I've never been good about talking to my mum about depression and the other issues I have - which started the depression in the first place. So eventhough I want to drop out of Uni I don't think I ever could. I'm not in the right place at the moment but I am to focus on this over summer and try to come back to uni next year with a fresh start. In saying this I did say I was going to start revising over the easter holidays - and I haven't actually started yet.
    I'd never advise anyone to drop out it was literally last resort for me. As long as your doing a course you enjoy and you have at least a few people there to support you, you should be fine as for revising last min cramming is always the way to go
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd never advise anyone to drop out it was literally last resort for me. As long as your doing a course you enjoy and you have at least a few people there to support you, you should be fine as for revising last min cramming is always the way to go
    haha cramming would be a lot easier if i'd gone to any lectures i feel :rolleyes: live and learn!

Ohwell it's only first year, if i get a third I will have learnt from my mistakes.... and go to lectures next year. Next year will be more interesting haha and i'll be a more motivated individual
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix07)
    haha well you managed to dig yourself out of calling me a cake quite well

Things can shake us up quite badly every now and again, its just part of life! Hope you don't have any more like that though hun, and I am glad you are feeling better for now!

I'll be fine though, it is nice to be able to be there for you every now and again, although I would obviously much rather you weren't feeling rubbish, but its nice being able to be there for other people too :hugs:
    Hey, yep... Feeling better today. No nightmares last night.... Think my brain was too bugged to bother. How are you feeling today?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Job interview this morning. Feeling anxious about it. :/
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.