The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bullettheory
:biggrin: Best feeling ever :smile:

Yeah it's actually really calmed me down. Still depressed, but hey, the anger and impulsiveness has gone, so there's some progress.

The bad news, I only have 4 days worth of the stuff left... and I don't think the doctor was too keen on prescribing more. Ah well.

I'll deal with that in 4 days time I guess.
Reply 81
Original post by superwolf
That sucks. Time to crack out the voodoo doll? :tongue:

I've just PMed your secret santa person, so I'll let you know if it ever got sent or not. :smile:

Nah, I'm not pissed off in a "argh, I want to hurt you" way, I'm just pissed off that it's been "just another week" for months now.

I think I'm going to go to Princes Street tomorrow- there will hopefully still be sales on. I figure, if I get my coat back in the next couple of weeks, I can just take the new one back, but if I don't, I'll keep the new one and sell the other on eBay. I'd rather it didn't come to that though :frown:

Thanks :smile: I PMed him a week or so ago asking, but never got anything back.

Spoiler

Original post by ZZ9
Oh yes :tongue:

No. I should do, but it's just.. I've got a perfectly good, bought this October very almost new coat which I really like. I accidentally left it with someone I went to stay with. He said that he'd send it on, then we both forgot, I asked again, he said he'd bring it back at Christmas, it didn't come back at Christmas because he had too much stuff to carry, he said he'd send it.... nothing is here and he's ignoring me. If he'd stolen £40 off me, it'd be wrong, but apparently there's no problem in not sending back my coat and ignoring me :mad: I mean, I'm paying him back for the postage and box/whatever, it's not actually going to cost him anything, just half an hour or so. I can fully understand not getting it done straight away, but it's been 3 months, and that's just... it's not good.

Ooops, that was a bit of a rant. I'm off to the west coast of Scotland in a week and a half though- it'll be cold and rainy, and seeing as that's the only warm, waterproof thing I have, I kind of need it :frown:

Also, I never got a secret santa present. I got an email before Christmas saying that it wasn't going to be sent before then, but it's a month after Christmas and I've had nothing.

Perhaps I just live in the postal Bermuda Triangle or something :frown:

I know you don't really want to buy one but if you have an H+M close they have a great sale on coats atm - I know they do on the ladies, ermmm so I'm presuming they do on the mens too :colondollar: but some really smart ones in. I got mine for £10, should've been £50, and it's the warmest most waterproof thing I've ever worn :sexface:
Reply 83
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I know you don't really want to buy one but if you have an H+M close they have a great sale on coats atm - I know they do on the ladies, ermmm so I'm presuming they do on the mens too :colondollar: but some really smart ones in. I got mine for £10, should've been £50, and it's the warmest most waterproof thing I've ever worn :sexface:

Oooh, I'm near one of them too :biggrin: I was looking on SportDirect.com- they've got a 90% sale, apparently, but I'll be going past H&M. Your advice is much appreciated by the way- my expertise goes as far as "hmm, it's black. That will do" :tongue:

How I think I'm doing at the moment.

Re: meds

Original post by rmhumphries

Re: meds

Mmm, I know. I'm tempted to next time just go to the supermarket and see how many packs of smarties I can get for £7.40 and start taking some proper sugar pills. :tongue:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Me too. In fact I'm pretty certain I've failed second year already and that's without the results of my finals for first semester :sad:

I already don't pick up work that contributes to degree, I'm way too scared but also too ambivalent now, I've pretty much failed.

Original post by Anonymous

:console: Same really.
What's up? People been ignoring you, or just feel alone?

People have been iffy with me. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not. I got back from class and posted that and was crying for about 5 hours though, I feel like ****e.
Reply 87
Mmm, I know. I'm tempted to next time just go to the supermarket and see how many packs of smarties I can get for £7.40 and start taking some proper sugar pills. :tongue:

:jumphug: (for being the first person to make me snort with laughter for weeks.)

Also, can't you get an exemption form? I've got one. Free meds all the way.

In fact, I think I should see if I can get bio oil prescribed, because it's ****ing expensive.

If you can get some that are the same size and colour of your meds, then it could work.

Quite a few. Skittles are better than smarties though :h:
Original post by Nut.
Yeah it's actually really calmed me down. Still depressed, but hey, the anger and impulsiveness has gone, so there's some progress.

The bad news, I only have 4 days worth of the stuff left... and I don't think the doctor was too keen on prescribing more. Ah well.

I'll deal with that in 4 days time I guess.

Good! How much are you using at a time, because if its just like 2mg or something, I don't think they would have too much of a problem?
Reply 91
Yay still wide awake. :sigh:

Bet the crisis team want to see me at 9 too :colonhash:

I need an 'off' switch.
Reply 92
Original post by bullettheory
Good! How much are you using at a time, because if its just like 2mg or something, I don't think they would have too much of a problem?

Ooh my phone lets me quote people. :colone:

5mg tablets, 2-3 per day (but tbh it's always going to be 3 with me).

It was a GP who prescribed this lot about 2 months ago for "as and when" use, but she said she wouldn't keep giving me them.

Psych team needs to find me a drug that will fix my depression without triggering mania pronto, before my first year at uni ends in mediocrity or just complete failure. :frown:
ha ****ing ha.

so basically my life is just ****ing pointless waste of time, ima take lots of meds so **** you humanity.
Should go bed soon...

Don't really want to though :|
(edited 12 years ago)
bye/
Original post by SciFiBoy
ha ****ing ha.

so basically my life is just ****ing pointless waste of time, ima take lots of meds so **** you humanity.

Whats up?

You should get some sleep - you might feel a little better tomorrow.
Reply 97
Original post by rmhumphries
Whats up?

You should get some sleep - you might feel a little better tomorrow.

:hello:

:hugs:
Dragged into my girlfriend's office at 8ish this morning. Got up at 7ish. She had to help to dress me and everything because my eyes couldn't open because of the mirt grogginess.

Still feel like I've been kicked a little and I'm going to end up asleep on her desk soon. And the coffee she has is so weak D:
Original post by kka25
:hello:

:hugs:

:jumphug:

Latest