(Original post by Anonymous)
Not sure if things like this are allowed to be posted here so mods feel free to delete/move.
I need to decide which college I am going to pretty soon and I have no idea. They both have pros and cons but I can't make a decision between the two. I have made decisions in the past with the assumption I'd be feeling better when I didn't so the outcome wasn't great.
+ Most of my friends are going there so I wouldn't have to make new friends if I didn't want to
+ Gets great exam results
+ Has a medic society which I would be interested in joining if my GCSE results are up to it
+ Offers Philosophy, an A level I would like to study
+ On the website it says it is always in the top 10 in league tables although I have never seen it
- It's so big, 2000 pupils
- I get the impression it's just an exam factory
- Apparently it's full of pretentious people
- Labs aren't that great
- Quite far away
- I'd probably be just a set of grades to my teachers, there doesn't seem to be much pastoral support
+ Small college
+ Great pastoral support
+ Weekly hour and a half time with subject teachers in small groups for going over things
+ Quite close
+Facilities all look good
- Would have to make new friends
- Doesn't offer Philosophy
- The people who are going here are the type you don't want to see again post high school
- It's supposedly too much like school, no freedom.
Obviously prestige isn't everything but I'm still not sure. Any suggestions? I just want to go where I'd feel best if I was struggling with work or similar/