Scroll to see replies

Original post by Honeyx
Had emergency appointment at GP...felt I was going a bit mad earlier sorry

I'm now prescribed diazepam and Mirtazapine 15mg...anyone have any
experience of either?! I was on citalopram a while a go and had awful
side effects so bit anxious about these. Hopefully I'll start acting/ feeling
a bit more normal soon.

Diazepam :sogood:

Mirtazapine has a tendency to make people very tired at low doses, so don't feel surprised if that's a side effect. It can also increase your appetite a lot, like you eat a meal then 15minutes later you want another full meal. So bear that in mind and try to watch what you eat if you don't want to gain weight. I also had crazy real dreams on it, which lasted a few weeks. I can't remember any other side effects although I feel extremely nauseous whenever I stop taking it - might be worth bearing in mind for later.
Original post by rmhumphries
The second time. I have the feeling the first time, I kicked your arse, remember?

Hmm, I think you should go A&E as soon as possible - but it will be a good idea to see what they say when they call back. I assume to get it to change from go A&E to call me back, you had to lessen some of your symptoms? That will be why it is a long wait, along with them being busy I guess.

Of course, you could call 999, explain the situation, that NHS Direct said to go A&E, but you can't get there, and they may send an ambulance / passenger transport vehicle to get you.

No, I don't give up with things like this :tongue: If you go A&E now/later, and they say that if you hadn't of gone A&E today, they would have had to chop off your leg (very common with eye problems I am sure), you should buy me a dominos pizza :h: :tongue:

Pft, it just takes me a while to get the technique down, once I got it I wiped the floor with you.

Your post made me cry :colondollar: I was trying to work out which would be worse - losing my leg or losing my vision, I decided on the vision which is unfortunate as that's the one I've got. :frown: Still waiting for the call, nervous as hell, but I can get to a&e now if that's what they tell me, we'll see.
Original post by Sabertooth
Possibly the worst advice ever, but have you tried getting drunk with her? I couldn't handle a heart to heart with my brother so we got drunk together and I told him everything. Alcohol makes everything easier. :colondollar:

She's too young yet :frown: She's really good with her feelings whereas me and the rest of the family never talk about anything ever. My girlfriend keeps telling me to step up and be all 'yay, welcome to the crazy club!' but I'm too scared. And baby!sister keeps asking the usual questions - "am I crazy?", "what's wrong with me", and "what happens now?" and I can't say anything to her without outing myself.

Feelings and pride suck.

Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: CAMHS are brilliant in my opinion. I was helped loads by my CAMHS team and they were so caring, so hopefully your sister will be on the way to recovery soon. Mine fitted in well with school too, so hopefully it won't disrupt her school life by having to go to appts and that.

She's been seeing the school nurse for months so this is a new scary development. She's fine with it whereas I'm terrified and embarrassed that I can't help her out.

Fixed for you :biggrin:

(Well, depends how old she is :tongue:)

LOL! She's 15 - a little too young for me to getting her drunk yet :tongue:
Pft, it just takes me a while to get the technique down, once I got it I wiped the floor with you.

Your post made me cry :colondollar: I was trying to work out which would be worse - losing my leg or losing my vision, I decided on the vision which is unfortunate as that's the one I've got. :frown: Still waiting for the call, nervous as hell, but I can get to a&e now if that's what they tell me, we'll see.

Until I change my technique, and kick your arse!

I am pretty sure you should go A&E, they might tell you to wait until tomorrow though, as there is no point going in the evening if the eye place is shut. Will see what they say when they call, hopefully they call soon :hugs:
I now have confirmation that my letters have been stolen.

Was waiting for a dvd sent recorded, says attemped delivery Friday on number and card left.

Went to sorting office and they cant find it anywhere.

And my landlord refuses to change lock on building despite the suspect having keys(ex tenant)
Original post by ParadoxSocks

She's been seeing the school nurse for months so this is a new scary development. She's fine with it whereas I'm terrified and embarrassed that I can't help her out.

:hugs:, yeah it is a difficult situation. But the important thing is, is that she is in good hands.

Never too young :tongue: My flatmate brought her 14 yo sister over once, and made her play ring of fire. I can't exactly remember much, but I think she ended up going to hospital with alcohol poisoning... oops...
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah maybe, wouldn't be able to handle it unless things were completely back to how they used to be by then. Just thinking of what to say to family....
Mood was better once I got to uni, got one piece of work finished after the lecture, which means the work for one of the modules last semester has been completed now. Didn't stay at uni as long as I wanted to, was in pain and sitting down was making it worse so thought the walk home might help. Will get on with some more work soon though......honestly. :ninja:

Good effort forcing yourself to go in!
Great IT result! :jumphug:
Still got time to revise science. Some friend, sure she didn't mean it though. :hugs:
A binge here and there doesn't do any harm and I very much doubt you are fat! :tongue:

Maybe they would understand? Obviously I don't know your family so can't really say much here. :console:
Glad your mood was better.
You better get on with that work!:wink:

Thanks. I think I can kind of understand why she laughed. She doesn't know how I've been feeling and if I would have got a grade like that this time last year I probably would have laughed too. I was just insulted at the time but now I see why she laughed.
Reading back on my test papers, it's so obvious my concentration was bad. I was missing out connectives and large phrases so the majority of my answers were like riddles :mmm:
I am running out of Christmas confectionery so binges will be getting smaller and smaller until they are mere snacks :frown:

Nurture lady phoned CAMHS and they didn't even know who I was. Appointment is on the 20th March. So much for "Late January, early February". :s-smilie:
My mum is on about taking me to the doctors in the meantime but I'm not sure they'd be able to do anything with me only being 15.

Spoiler

She's too young yet :frown: She's really good with her feelings whereas me and the rest of the family never talk about anything ever. My girlfriend keeps telling me to step up and be all 'yay, welcome to the crazy club!' but I'm too scared. And baby!sister keeps asking the usual questions - "am I crazy?", "what's wrong with me", and "what happens now?" and I can't say anything to her without outing myself.

Feelings and pride suck.

Well....you could get drunk on your own and hope that it all comes out? :tongue: I'm sure if you told her not to tell your parents, she's old enough that she'd respect that.
x

I am also a 15 year old girl who is starting A levels in September and has recently been referred to CAMHS. :tongue:
I hope she gets the help she needs.
:hugs:, yeah it is a difficult situation. But the important thing is, is that she is in good hands.

Never too young :tongue: My flatmate brought her 14 yo sister over once, and made her play ring of fire. I can't exactly remember much, but I think she ended up going to hospital with alcohol poisoning... oops...

She's the good one out of the family. Other sister is a womanising dole-based party animal and I'm the one who will be the most over-qualified checkout assistant EVER. She's the family's last hope at a normal child :tongue:

Original post by Anonymous
I am also a 15 year old girl who is starting A levels in September and has recently been referred to CAMHS. :tongue:
I hope she gets the help she needs.

I did do a quick check to make sure you weren't my sister a few days ago! I hope you get help the help and support too :smile:

Well....you could get drunk on your own and hope that it all comes out? :tongue: I'm sure if you told her not to tell your parents, she's old enough that she'd respect that.

I guess I could try. Just nervous that she'll let it slip - she's awful with secrets!
(edited 12 years ago)

I did do a quick check to make sure you weren't my sister a few days ago! You hope you get help the help and support too :smile:

Really?! Ha, that's funny.
Thanks. :smile:
Hey guys, I've not posted on this thread before and just need a little advice, feeling quite alone at the moment. Was put on Citalopram (Celexa) 4 days ago and it's made me feel the most exhausted I've ever been in my life and totally empty. I can't handle this, I preferred being sad because at least I could feel and I wasn't sad 100% of the time. Is it worth sticking with this medication from those who have experience of it? The side effects are awful and I'm also worried as some people have said it could make you gain weight, which would only push me further into a depression.
She's the good one out of the family. Other sister is a womanising dole-based party animal and I'm the one who will be the most over-qualified checkout assistant EVER. She's the family's last hope at a normal child :tongue:

Haha, ok fair enough! Well, I hope it works out.
Original post by x-Disenchanted-x
Hey guys, I've not posted on this thread before and just need a little advice, feeling quite alone at the moment. Was put on Citalopram (Celexa) 4 days ago and it's made me feel the most exhausted I've ever been in my life and totally empty. I can't handle this, I preferred being sad because at least I could feel and I wasn't sad 100% of the time. Is it worth sticking with this medication from those who have experience of it? The side effects are awful and I'm also worried as some people have said it could make you gain weight, which would only push me further into a depression.

Well, you could stick with it and hope it wears off - usually the initial side effects tend to fade over the first few weeks. Or you could go back to your GP and ask to try another one, there are plenty so it's not like you lose anything doing that. I haven't heard of citalopram leading to large weight gain or naything so I wouldn't worry about that.
Sabertooth
x

Hope you're ok. :jumphug: Report on progress later!

kka25
x

I got a dentist appointment. :broken: You should get one too, or else it'll cost you more in the long run. If you're eligible for an HC2 certificate you can pay the dentist now, then get a receipt and claim the money back once you've got the certificate. :fyi:

Original post by Honeyx
Had emergency appointment at GP...felt I was going a bit mad earlier sorry

I'm now prescribed diazepam and Mirtazapine 15mg...anyone have any
experience of either?! I was on citalopram a while a go and had awful
side effects so bit anxious about these. Hopefully I'll start acting/ feeling
a bit more normal soon.

Glad you got seen. :smile:

I was on mirtazapine for a while - didn't help my mood but I was ok for side-effects. I got the vivid dreams and the sleeping silly amounts, but no munchies for me.

My little sister has been referred to CAMHS :frown:

Aww I hope she's not doing too bad. :console: I told my sister about my depression in an email - not very personal, but I knew I'd never be able to tell her face to face or on the phone. Maybe you could do that too?

Original post by x-Disenchanted-x

Hey, welcome. :smile:

Citalopram didn't agree with me either. :no: Your doctor's probably told you, but the side-effects usually wear off within a couple of weeks (although it can take up to six weeks, or sometimes they don't wear off at all), and you also shouldn't expect to see a positive effect immediately - you might not get any results until up to six weeks after starting, or you might have to increase dosage.

Whether or not your side-effects are severe enough for you to stop taking it is up to you. I've stopped taking drugs in the past because the side-effects were affecting me too much, but then there have also been times when I've put up with them and they've got better. It's really something you've got to decide for yourself, or else tell your doctor and see how bad they think it is. Remember, there are plenty of different antidepressants for you to try, and it's possible that you'd be better off on another.
Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll take my dose for today and stick it out another week...I won't know unless I try I guess.
Reply 1316
Mmmm. I was supposed to go back to uni today.
Instead I was in bed until 1, met crisis team at 2, and have spent all the day since watching 4od and absent-mindedly rolling and smoking cigarettes. (There's quite a pile here now :colone:).

Lung cancer 1, academic advancement 0. :sigh:

I did do a quick check to make sure you weren't my sister a few days ago! I hope you get help the help and support too :smile:

I guess I could try. Just nervous that she'll let it slip - she's awful with secrets!

You will do fine and get a good job - I will make sure of it! Worst case, you can come and work in my IT department on the Dep Soc Island, or take over your own area for us :h:
I don't think that I can do this for much longer. I either feel empty or sad, I can't improve anything, there's just nothing to live for. No one would notice if I was gone anyway. There is seriously no other.way out, but I'm too much of a coward anyway. I have nothing more to give :frown:
Just a quick question...

I was referred to CAMHS about 3 weeks ago and my appointment is on the 20th March. My mum is worried that it's too far away (she knows everything now) and wants to take me to the GP. Considering I'm only 15, is there anything my GP would be able to do before my CAMHS appointment?

Latest