Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :hugs: I can definitely relate. I don't really have any close friends nor much of a dating life, and it can be so frustrating. I've even turned to trying the internet to look for people on there .

I'm not too sure how to advise tbh since I'm having some of the same problems and struggling to remedy them, but I hope things do eventually work out for you.
    You too, thank you :hugs:

When you feel ok about something for a while and then suddenly irredeemably awful about it... how do you know which is the true perception? Are you being reasonable then being depressed? Or are you being too optimistic then realistic?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just feel sick right now lol

(Original post by ViceVersa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It must be so ****ing great, making one's own mind up about losing one's virginity. I never had that ****ing choice and it sucks.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I never got to choose either. I read all these threads about waiting for the perfect person and how there are all of these physical things to consider and it's just like, I don't know, I just wish I'd had the chance to worry about those things too.

And it's the anniversary of it all in about two weeks around valentine's day so I feel like that's been stolen too. There's all of these constant reminders and all of these posters and emails and offers and it's all 'yay valentine's day' and each time I feel like I'm being kicked again.

Even though I didn't get to choose when I lost my virginity physically, I still got to lose it mentally and I now have all of this choice and it's awesome. You can't let your future be ruined by those things in your past.

:hugs:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    New account (am cinamon)

Struggling so much tbh
    • 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelaststraw)
    You too, thank you :hugs:

When you feel ok about something for a while and then suddenly irredeemably awful about it... how do you know which is the true perception? Are you being reasonable then being depressed? Or are you being too optimistic then realistic?
    Eh, I dunno. I have to admit, I do feel less inclined to be optimistic these days, because then when disappointment hits it just feels that much worse.
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsthebadger93)
    :hugs: That is all...
    (Original post by Pareidolia)
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I never got to choose either. I read all these threads about waiting for the perfect person and how there are all of these physical things to consider and it's just like, I don't know, I just wish I'd had the chance to worry about those things too.

And it's the anniversary of it all in about two weeks around valentine's day so I feel like that's been stolen too. There's all of these constant reminders and all of these posters and emails and offers and it's all 'yay valentine's day' and each time I feel like I'm being kicked again.

Even though I didn't get to choose when I lost my virginity physically, I still got to lose it mentally and I now have all of this choice and it's awesome. You can't let your future be ruined by those things in your past.

Thank you all.

To Anon 24:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know exactly what you mean. It really just ****ing sucks. What also sucked? When I was like younger/hadn't had sex and stuff, and I would be asked if I was a virgin. I never knew how to ****ing answer that question, you know? Sighs.

Sorry Valentine's day is basically ruined for you hun. That must suck, I hope you'll be okay. Please do PM me if you struggle and feel like you need someone to talk to. Fair to say I will understand your feelings. :hugs:

This is true, and always something I tried to remind myself/say to myself a lot. Perhaps, at the moment, I need to tell myself that too - 'I can't let my future be ruined by those things in my past' :sadnod:

Thanks hun :heart:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    Mum has forgiven my dad. For all the abuse and bullying. She just left me. I'm now loving with my aunt and uncle indefinitely, I'm not going to be there to witness what happens for another 2468289995431 times. I thought she'd learnt.
    :hugs::hugs: Not much else I can say, but hope you are ok

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How am I meant to concentrate on work when I can't stop crying? I'm trying to tell myself to pull myself together and start writing but thoughts about next weekend are still very much in my mind. What's the point in submitting essays when I'm not sure I'm going to be around to get the result?
    Spoiler:
    Show

In case you are around. If you are not, then it doesn't matter if the essays are in, whereas if you are around, and you don't submit the essays, you will feel worse :hugs:

(Original post by Cinnie)
    New account (am cinamon)

Struggling so much tbh
    :hugs: here as well as Back Room. If you want someone to PM or talk to here, feel free to PM/post to me
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    x
    How are you?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just want to put this out here, since it's got nowhere else to go, and I need to let it out...
    Right now, I feel like utter ****. Basically, like it'll be impossible for me to ever make new friends or have a relationship because I'm so ****ing weird and ugly. I hate myself. Properly hate myself. I see myself and I just want to kill me. I won't ever commit suicide though, I couldn't do that to my mum. Although, at times, the idea seems like absolute bliss.
    If I had the chance to start again, I'd take it with both hands.
    The thing is, I so desperately want to change. It's just so hard, and no matter how hard I try, I can't manage it. I try to be the person I'd like, or like to be. But it never works. I think that's why I detest myself so much - I fail. I never reach the standards I set for myself. I never work hard enough, I never do well enough, I never try enough.
    I'm just a failure, and I'm ugly to boot.
    I need to go to sleep now, I have school in the morning. But I'm just too exhausted to move. I've felt like this for so long, I feel like it's taken all the strength out of my muscles.
    I guess I'll try anyway.
    Thanks to anyone who bothers to read this, and I'm sorry for my pathetic whining - I just needed this to go somewhere.
    G'night.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been taking the citalopram for nearly a week now, friend has warned me things may get worse before they get better. Mostly just been sleeping, taking it easy with uni work.

So just generally feeling a bit out of it at the moment I guess
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleNegative)
    x
    It's good that you want to change for the better, but maybe you're setting your standards too high? Start small, and the little accomplishments will pay off.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misst911)
    It's good that you want to change for the better, but maybe you're setting your standards too high? Start small, and the little accomplishments will pay off.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    Probably haha, it's a tendency of mine. I'll give it a go though, thank you. I'll try and figure out that goal tomorrow, when I'm properly awake.

And thanks again, you made me smile a little. I forgot about that little saying. I hope it holds true for September.
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How am I meant to concentrate on work when I can't stop crying? I'm trying to tell myself to pull myself together and start writing but thoughts about next weekend are still very much in my mind. What's the point in submitting essays when I'm not sure I'm going to be around to get the result?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In the past I have been absolutely, 100% certain that I'd be dead within a week, or a month. More certain than I've been about anything else ever. And yet I'm still alive. You've been certain about things too which have turned out to be wrong, so I hope you're wrong about this too, and you won't die. :hugs:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    great, cause of the snow the campus shop had no food as people panic bought, no milk either

and none of the takeaways deliver atm either, I am starving ffs, haven't eaten all day all I have in the freezer is fish fingers which am really not in mood for...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    great, cause of the snow the campus shop had no food as people panic bought, no milk either

and none of the takeaways deliver atm either, I am starving ffs, haven't eaten all day all I have in the freezer is fish fingers which am really not in mood for...
    I would feed you if you were here but skint lol.

Thats the good thing about being in Scotland, the 24 hour supermarkets are 24 hours.

Havent had the slighest bit of snow here at all this winter but it has been cold.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I would feed you if you were here but skint lol.

Thats the good thing about being in Scotland, the 24 hour supermarkets are 24 hours.

Havent had the slighest bit of snow here at all this winter but it has been cold.
    ah, is okay, finally found a takeaway that delivers have to pay extra for delivery tonight but tbh that's fair enough, need food!

It is hard to draw the line between where you are managing to help people - and where you are hurting them. If you don't say if you are upset, and they find out, it hurts them more, but it is awful to hurt people you care about by saying that you are down / especially if they are partly to blame.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok I can't go in for this exam.
    Not sure who to contact at uni.
    Need to go drs.
    My mum hates me and has just made me feel worse.
    Someone tell me I'm doing the right thing?
    Going there and failing will put me off the rest of the yr
    Doing it in summer will help give me time to recover
    How do I say this to GP? Someone help me :-(
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't keep going like this. Family want me to quit my job but then I have to admit defeat. There are also many cliques here and I'm very wary of people. Don't know what to do.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the job I was interviewed for on Saturday I know it was a super competitive thing and only half of the people there were kept but it still kinda sucks.

So I guess my summer will be spent trekking to as many music festivals as possible with my tent on my back and bank card in hand Would have been nice to be actually _employed_ though I suspect I'd have been knocked out at the individual interview stage anyway.
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.