The Student Room Group

Chances of rape in prison

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wave
I was reading some article on prison rape in America and it got me really worried :s-smilie: it is terrible that such things till happen in society. I got worried because you never know One minute im on holiday in Disneyland, next minute I'm in jail for drug dealing because there was "black guy in the area fitting my description" So I'm young with no facial hair and 5'11" . What would my statistical chances of getting raped be?

How the **** can anyone possibly say what your statistical chance is of being raped? Troll.
Reply 41
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
In b4 prison rape jokes. For some reason a lot of people find rape in the outside world (rightfully) disgusting, but prison rape funny. It's messed up that people go to prison for offenses that may not be too bad, and then find themselves getting raped. The punishment is having your freedom taken away, not having your freedom taken away + sexual abuse

I think surprise buttsecks is implicitly understood to be part of the punishment. :ahee:
Original post by NuclearFusion
How the **** can anyone possibly say what your statistical chance is of being raped? Troll.

Why shouldn't somebody be able to say this? I can't imagine that anyone on here can provide answers but it would be a very straightforward survey and one which I am sure has been conducted by US sociologists.
Reply 43
A way not to get raped in prison is to rape someone in prison.
Reply 45
I'm sorry, but you're gonna get your salad tossed by a 6 ft white supremacist!
Original post by Philbert
On TSR, you'd be told that it would be your fault should you get raped for daring to walk to the shop alone at night as a woman, and advised not to wear anything less than a burka (anywhere, at any time, just to be safe). You'd also most likely be called a slut.

It's a bit stupid to make up stuff about a forum on which you're posting, where anyone who was remotely interested could look for them self and see you are talking absolute rubbish, isn't it?
Original post by cambio wechsel
Why shouldn't somebody be able to say this? I can't imagine that anyone on here can provide answers but it would be a very straightforward survey and one which I am sure has been conducted by US sociologists.

Because it depends on so many factors, there is almost no point in looking at a statistic in the first place, as well as the fact that I imagine loads of rapes would have gone unreported.
Reply 48
Original post by rm22
I'm sorry, but you're gonna get your salad tossed by a 6 ft white supremacist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HHCZtbl7Rg Anyone remember this? :tongue:
Reply 49

it actually makes me LOL everytime!!
Original post by PendulumBoB
Phew. :colondollar:

I'm being serious.. I know people that are currently /have been at Feltham, and none of them have been raped .. And they haven't heard of any one getting raped either..
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
I'm being serious.. I know people that are currently /have been at Feltham, and none of them have been raped .. And they haven't heard of any one getting raped either..

I believe you (not sure how many would admit it though).

It was just the whole, noble Islamic vigilante groups preventing prison rape thing which I found amusing.
Reply 52
Original post by goodfellow
Black fritzl has an infinite probability of getting raped :eek:

I would have thought that being totally black would probably lower the odds of raping.

You should change 'rape' to 'tortured and maimed' and make casper =1 and black = 0.

whereas casper fritzl has a 0 chance of getting raped because you can't touch him!!
Reply 53
Original post by callum9999
It's a bit stupid to make up stuff about a forum on which you're posting, where anyone who was remotely interested could look for them self and see you are talking absolute rubbish, isn't it?

I was deliberately being trollish and sarcastic and you took the bait. Well done. Yes, it's an exaggeration, but I have seen views such as those expressed on this website, even if you haven't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by AJ2890
....Go to bed.

Newsflash: not everyone has the same sleeping pattern as you.
Original post by Wave
I was reading some article on prison rape in America and it got me really worried :s-smilie: it is terrible that such things till happen in society. I got worried because you never know One minute im on holiday in Disneyland, next minute I'm in jail for drug dealing because there was "black guy in the area fitting my description" So I'm young with no facial hair and 5'11" . What would my statistical chances of getting raped be?

probably depends on your crime and how much of a little bitch you are, and how strong your soap-gripping hand is.
Don't drop the soap!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending