The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Study at the OU - Where have all modules gone?

Hi all,

I'm currently working towards the computing and IT degree B62. When I first decided to study with the OU, I could look at the degree on their website and see a full breakdown i.e. What modules I could choose from, how many points from each level was needed etc etc.
I've been trying to plan next years study, but all of the wonderful information I mentioned above has gone!?? :confused:
Maybe I'm being a bit stupid and just not finding it, but if anyone could offer some help or a link it would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Here's a link so you know what web page I'm referring to:
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/b62.htm

Also, I'd just like to add that I have found the page with all the IT modules, but this doesn't include what is specifically needed for my degree and doesn't have all the possible modules for the degree. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
They're preparing to launch the 2012/13 department prospectuses and so they've taken down the webpages to revise them.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Nitebot
They're preparing to launch the 2012/13 department prospectuses and so they've taken down the webpages to revise them.

That would explain it then, thanks for the reply dude, appreciate it :smile:
Original post by BigBadBazza
Hi all,

I'm currently working towards the computing and IT degree B62. When I first decided to study with the OU, I could look at the degree on their website and see a full breakdown i.e. What modules I could choose from, how many points from each level was needed etc etc.
I've been trying to plan next years study, but all of the wonderful information I mentioned above has gone!?? :confused:
Maybe I'm being a bit stupid and just not finding it, but if anyone could offer some help or a link it would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Here's a link so you know what web page I'm referring to:
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/b62.htm

Also, I'd just like to add that I have found the page with all the IT modules, but this doesn't include what is specifically needed for my degree and doesn't have all the possible modules for the degree. Thanks in advance :smile:

Here you go.
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/computing-and-ict/courses/index.htm?sc=CIT&at=U&l=1&o=L#product-courses
:biggrin:
Reply 4

Cheers mate :smile: I did find that page, but unfortunately it's just a list of the modules and not degree specific :frown:

Thanks all the same though dude :smile:
Reply 5
Think you can still get the 11-12 prospectuses here: http://css2.open.ac.uk/outis/1a/O1AEnqHome.asp
Reply 6
Original post by Persipan
Think you can still get the 11-12 prospectuses here: http://css2.open.ac.uk/outis/1a/O1AEnqHome.asp

You my dear.... are a star!!! :biggrin: Thanks a lot, just what I was looking for! I know it won't be valid when they launch the new prospectus, but it helps me get my head round things. Thank you again :smile:
Reply 7
Someone neg repped me for my correct answer! :biggrin:

Anyway... I reckon we'll have to be reserving places quickly for many courses starting October, especially the core L1's and L2's.
Reply 8
Original post by Nitebot

Anyway... I reckon we'll have to be reserving places quickly for many courses starting October, especially the core L1's and L2's.

My thoughts exactly, I'm hoping to register within the next couple weeks... though I do need to wait for the new prospectus. Any idea roughly when it comes out?

And re: someone negging you for your answer... Confused :confused: lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Nitebot

Well here, have some pos to make up for it.

I once got negged for a post I'd written three years earlier in which I said it was possible to buy pots and pans in places like Argos, Poundstretcher, and charity shops! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by BigBadBaz
My thoughts exactly, I'm hoping to register within the next couple weeks... though I do need to wait for the new prospectus. Any idea roughly when it comes out?

And re: someone begging you for your answer... Confused :confused: lol

All they say is early 2012. I suppose they have to list two sets of fees now - one rate for people like us and another for the people joining in the Autumn. Also we'll see if they'll continue to add a premium with the new fees for some of the business and law models. The fees could be very controversial.
Reply 11

I once got negged for a post I'd written three years earlier in which I said it was possible to buy pots and pans in places like Argos, Poundstretcher, and charity shops! :biggrin:

Oh thank you! I'd pos you but I did earlier this week so TSR says no more!! Yes, who knows what's going through some people's minds! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
not all have been taken off, mine still has all the modules on it.
Reply 13
Original post by dg2009
not all have been taken off, mine still has all the modules on it.

Oh. Where are you looking? It's the degree pages that we're looking at. Your current BA/BSc Health and Social Care degree page doesn't give any guidance to the modules that you should take to complete the degree.
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/b18.htm
Reply 14
Original post by Nitebot
Oh. Where are you looking? It's the degree pages that we're looking at. Your current BA/BSc Health and Social Care degree page doesn't give any guidance to the modules that you should take to complete the degree.
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/b18.htm

If you access it through StudentHome you should see the old page, for current students. The pages viewable through the main website are/will be aimed at new students from 2012 I believe. Go to StudentHome, then click on your degree title in the 'Qualifications' section, then at the top of the page click 'See description'. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Kate.
If you access it through StudentHome you should see the old page, for current students. The pages viewable through the main website are/will be aimed at new students from 2012 I believe. Go to StudentHome, then click on your degree title in the 'Qualifications' section, then at the top of the page click 'See description'. :smile:

Ah yes, I see thank you. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Kate.

ah no wonder I can't see the other degree's I'm looking at lol
Reply 17
Original post by Kate.

Perfect! Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 18

Negging that would have been both funnier and more richly deserved had you waited three years to do it, you know. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending