The Student Room Group

Pupil, 11, arrested over ‘race jibes’

Poll

Do you agree with this arrest?

What a load of PC crap :mad:

Arresting a little kid over a playground spat.

Would they have done this to an Asian 11 year old if he called a white boy 'honky' or 'milky bar' :rolleyes:

A BOY of 11 has been arrested on suspicion of racially taunting and attacking another pupil in a primary school playground.

Police have interviewed two other youngsters from the same school in connection with an alleged six-month campaign of racist abuse against the same child, an 11-year-old Asian boy.

Officers were called in to investigate at the primary in Irlam after the victim suffered a bruised leg on January 26. It is alleged he was called a 'P***' during the incident.

The victim said that racist comments were also made to him during the six months before the incident.

Officers arrested a boy of 11 on suspicion of a racially-aggravated assault. He was released on bail pending further inquiries.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/204/204031_pupil_11_arrested_over_race_jibes.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ah, but the Asian boy was out marching with his "Behead those who insult Islam" placard! He couldn't have made any racist comments.

IRONY :eek:
John82
Ah, but the Asian boy was out marching with his "Behead those who insult Islam" placard! He couldn't have made any racist comments.

JOKE :eek:

Not all Asians are Muslims and likewise not all Muslims are racist.
Reply 3
Flux
Kids always call each other names at primary school, it's what we do.

Oh yeah but the funny thing was, all the honkey students....sorry i mean white students were the ones to be racist....:rolleyes:
Reply 4
digitalparadox
Not all Asians are Muslims and likewise not all Muslims are racist.

I was trying to be satirical and witty. :rolleyes:

Besides, did I even imply all Asians are Muslims or all Muslims are racist?
Reply 5
John82
I was trying to be satirical and witty. :rolleyes:

maybe you should leave that to others
Reply 6
An arrest! Thats way over the top im sure the school could have excluded/expelled him, no need for the police to get involved.
HOW ANYONE CAN SUPPORT ARRESTING AN 11 YEAR OLD FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS BEYOND ME.

when i was at school terms like 'spacker' and that's so gay' were common place. you simply learn through being told off etc what is and isn't acceptable.
thats the role of teachers and parents - not the sodding police!
Reply 8
Im like the most liberal person ever, but i cant believe 5 people have voted for yes!
Reply 9
robinm
maybe you should leave that to others

Just because you and others don't understand the point? I think not! :p:

I was just making the point that while a school boy was arrested for racist remarks, dozens of extremists inciting murder were not arrested. An Asian boy could be arrested for making racist comments but if he incited murder he would be ok.

I've confused myself now. :confused:

Perhaps I should have gone along with my brain when it hestitated over posting the original point. :rolleyes:
Reply 10
they probly won't be able to arrest any of the idiots who incited murder in london because alot had their faces covered apart from eyes. the police are turning into waffle.
I have lived away from England for six years, and to be honest it was a good decision, it really looks to me that the country is going to pot, arresting an 11 year old boy for race jibes, probably very insultive ones at that. This political correctness is so pathetic, it is literally driving the ordinary people into a corner, it is just so stupid.I am looking at the BBC news the other day and i see people marching through the streets protesting about the cartoons, holding banners with the most hatefull things wrote on them, and the police do not dare do anything about this, what is really going on there.
Reply 12
dave777
What a load of PC crap :mad:

Arresting a little kid over a playground spat.

Would they have done this to an Asian 11 year old if he called a white boy 'honky' or 'milky bar' :rolleyes:

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/204/204031_pupil_11_arrested_over_race_jibes.html

Good God. If I'd been arrested everytime I called someone that (and a lot worse) when I was at school I'd have spent half my time in custody.:redface:
Simple fact is it is against the law to racially abuse someone. It is an offence. Whether this should have happened, with such young kids isn't really the point. The law is there, and everyone has the right to exercise it. The boys parents clearly wanted to use the law, and they had every right too. The police cannot just ignore it, can they? They have to act if a complaint comes to light, especially if the media get involved.

And i think it should do a good job of scaring the little brat who thinks he can go around calling people whatever he likes. A small kid who can be racially abusive is a little **** if you ask me.
Reply 14
John82

IRONY :eek:

STOP bloody using ASIAN, Sikhs and Hindus do not want anything to do with radical Islam
Reply 15
Akhoza
STOP bloody using ASIAN, Sikhs and Hindus do not want anything to do with radical Islam

Hindus and Sikhs are normally asian aren't they?
Reply 16
cottonmouth
Simple fact is it is against the law to racially abuse someone. It is an offence. Whether this should have happened, with such young kids isn't really the point. The law is there, and everyone has the right to exercise it. The boys parents clearly wanted to use the law, and they had every right too. The police cannot just ignore it, can they? They have to act if a complaint comes to light, especially if the media get involved.

And i think it should do a good job of scaring the little brat who thinks he can go around calling people whatever he likes. A small kid who can be racially abusive is a little **** if you ask me.

Thats a sad viewpoint you have there.

Just because its law, does not make it right. When someone calls a fat kid "lardy" etc, thats just as hurtful, if not more so, than calling an Asian kid a "racist" name.

Telling kids they can't say stuff otherwise they will be punished by law is going to create a generation of boring scared people.
Reply 17
Howard
Hindus and Sikhs are normally asian aren't they?

Yes but im replying to the placard thing
Reply 18
cottonmouth
Simple fact is it is against the law to racially abuse someone. It is an offence.

Under which law?

Whether this should have happened, with such young kids isn't really the point. The law is there, and everyone has the right to exercise it. The boys parents clearly wanted to use the law, and they had every right too. The police cannot just ignore it, can they? They have to act if a complaint comes to light, especially if the media get involved.

Yep, appeasing race maniacs, such as yourself, in the mainstream press is far more important than exercising common sense. This would explain why inciting murder and terrorism didnt attract quite the same response.
cottonmouth

law requires competence. i requires proof that the kid understands fully what is going on.
i would doubt that would apply in this case.
this is something to be sorted between the parents of the kid called names and the kid clling names (plus teachers). not police.

Latest

Trending

Trending