The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY UNIT 2 HIGHER CHY2H January 2012 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I thought I might because if you had a touch screen with more layers they could be rubbed off like graphite can be rubbed off a pencil
Can you put there will be surplus of electricity, as there are more electrons. And this is dangerous????? For the last question and part.
Reply 22
Original post by aimes12
I thought I might because if you had a touch screen with more layers they could be rubbed off like graphite can be rubbed off a pencil

Actually that's a fair point, i think you probably will get the marks on second thoughts!:smile:
Hopefully the markscheme will give the mark for saying 'free electrons' :smile:
Hoping that too. Slim chance it may happen:colondollar:
Reply 24
i wrote it would be hard to click options on the screen and
the first question i wrote aluminium is very reactive??
Reply 25
Seems good, looks like i dropped approx 3 marks, for the question about why nano particles are better, i put: because they would have a larger SA (for same volume) so the transfer of heat would increase. Did anyone else write something similar to this, and think that it is correct?
Reply 26
Original post by nikil15
i wrote it would be hard to click options on the screen

That's what I thought originally.
Reply 27
Original post by Ice Man
Seems good, looks like i dropped approx 3 marks, for the question about why nano particles are better, i put: because they would have a larger SA (for same volume) so the transfer of heat would increase. Did anyone else write something similar to this, and think that it is correct?

yh i wrote the same they have a large surface area and for the question above they are 1-100 nm in size.
Original post by Ice Man

I wrote exactly the same but I am not sure that it is correct now. Looking back I should have put they will fit in the smaller space.
Original post by aimes12

Original post by Ice Man

Thats what I put too ><
Original post by Ice Man

I wrote exactly that. It should be correct, and so should the one the OP's written about being able to fit into smaller gaps.
Well... I hope it's correct :redface:
Reply 31
I think I'll get an A or a B. I think it'll be a really high boundary for A*.
Reply 32
I wrote that the nano particles have a larger surface area too hopefully it will be another answer
Reply 33
Nice to know i'm not the only one who put it down :biggrin: , I was thinking about writing down the OP's answer but due to previous past papers, they usually have something to do with Surface Area of nano particles? So i decided to write that instead.
Reply 34
for the why do metals conduct heat question, do you think a possible answer could be, the particles are very close together so they can pass the energy on through vibrations?

also for the electrolysis half-equation, i put - 2e- :frown:
Reply 35
That biology was appalling but this paper was so kind! I'm hoping the physics paper is as nice..
Reply 36
with reference to the unofficial mark scheme question 5bii) why would u just say that is vague u have to state its got a larger surface area.
Reply 37
Going to guess around 37-39 for The a* on this paper, been 38 for an a* two years running now.
Original post by ZedZFury
for the why do metals conduct heat question, do you think a possible answer could be, the particles are very close together so they can pass the energy on through vibrations?

Well, that's what I would have put if I'd read the question properly - ie. read it as "...conduct heat" not "...conduct electricity" :frown:
I would have def. used the word vibrate anyway, that's for sure. All my friends were like "ehhh that wouldn't have been right anyway" but I think it makes perfect sense :redface:
Reply 39
For the ion question (in electrolysis) - Didnt it ask why a molten ionic compund could conduct electricity, not why a solid ionic compound could not conduct electricity?????????

Quick Reply

Latest