The Student Room Group

Biggest fear when starting uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I have plenty reasons :L

Being 17 till May
Not drinking alcohol (due to medical reasons and possibly having to take strong painkillers at any time)
And my medical condition - which is better than it used to be so hopefully wont have many problems!

And not making many friends due to the three reasons above :L
Reply 141
Lack of people with similar cultural background
Reply 142
I'm worried I'm either going to end up in halls with 2 messy guys who are hitting on me all the time or 2 girls that just decide to hate me or a guy and a girl that end up liking eachother and all I can hear in the next room is the sound of teenage desperation by bedsqueaks.
but the chances of me not getting on with anyone I guess are slim.
Original post by ThaChronic
Being the only weed smoker in my halls and everyone judging me if they all find out I did it.

You will have no issue, there are ALWAYS weed smokers somewhere at uni.

And it is a great link to many beautiful friendships. :tongue:
Original post by natalieann1993
You will have no issue, there are ALWAYS weed smokers somewhere at uni.

And it is a great link to many beautiful friendships. :tongue:

loool good to hear. Yeah I've heard a lot of people haven't tried weed before they go uni and are eager to do it so :biggrin:.
Original post by ThaChronic
loool good to hear. Yeah I've heard a lot of people haven't tried weed before they go uni and are eager to do it so :biggrin:.

I had, but i didn't smoke so much.

You got to pretty careful with drugs though, it's pretty easier to get into smoking to much and wasting your money.
or smoking fags too (i managed to quit after 2 months of pointless fags):redface:
And theres going around many unis and some are pretty dangerous,
I've never tried coke or acid or anything.
Though i've been offered alot. :tongue:
Reply 146
I genuinely didn't have any.
I have a couple, the obvious one that I won't make any friends and the other is running out of money. The horror!
Reply 148
Getting fat, once I discovered the nutritional black hole that is catered halls and that there was no oven in accommodation and only one working hob ring between 12 people... also there was a vending machine right outside.

Two stone later I regret not being self-catered.
I had a lot of worries but I think my main one was not making any friends, or living with people who just want to get drunk every night. Turns out, I ended up living with some of the most amazing people in halls, now I'm living in a lovely house with 7 of them. For me, I prefer to be in a small group of really close friends, rather than having a lot of acquaintances - so I'm really happy. :h:
As stupid as it sounds, one of my biggest fears about uni is that it won't be as great as I imagine. I want uni to be somewhere where I can further my life, meet new friends, and get away from home, yet I'm scared that my life's gonna be crap when I go to uni.
I'm a bit worried that if I go to my first choice uni, it's going to be full of annoying posh kids who are only there because they didn't get into Oxbridge.

Other than that, pretty much the same as everyone else: not making friends, not having enough money, and completely failing the course.

I'm also scared that halfway through I'll decide that I actually don't want to do this course any more and I'll have wasted all of my time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fayola1337
I'm a bit worried that if I go to my first choice uni, it's going to be full of annoying posh kids who are only there because they didn't get into Oxbridge.

Other than that, pretty much the same as everyone else: not making friends, not having enough money, and completely failing the course.

I'm also scared that halfway through I'll decide that I actually don't want to do this course any more and I'll have wasted all of my time.

Bristol? >_>
Everyone on here is scared that they'll be the only ones not drinking alcohol. I'm getting a bit scared I'll have no one to drink with... :wink:
Reply 154
Original post by pellejema
Everyone on here is scared that they'll be the only ones not drinking alcohol. I'm getting a bit scared I'll have no one to drink with... :wink:

SAME, i'm slightly worried about my potential housemates. I like to drink, but also take my studies seriously, and i'm worried my flatmates will either be TOO loud or TOO quiet :/
not having money and not getting laid enough,

results? both of my fears went true.{if u dont have money u cant get laid,only ugly girls which are not of my interest}

{and besides that the workload is too much,im in a difficult course}
Original post by swbp
SAME, i'm slightly worried about my potential housemates. I like to drink, but also take my studies seriously, and i'm worried my flatmates will either be TOO loud or TOO quiet :/

Sounds exactly the same as me! Where are you planning on going?
Reply 157
poor people thinking i'm stuck up, and posh people thinking i'm a wannabee
Reply 158
Original post by s.a.u
poor people thinking i'm stuck up, and posh people thinking i'm a wannabee

well, i was just being truthful. i'm sure most of the posts are about perception
Not making enough friends or just mixing with the wrong people, find the work too hard, living with annoying housemates, worried about how people are going to judge you, not being able to budget efficiently etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending