Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Olympic and Paralympic Victory Ceremonies Volunteers!!

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thought I'd set this thread up for people who have applied to be a Victory Ceremonies Volunteer. (This was not through a games maker application but a separate form released in Nov!)

Be great to hear from people..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss770)
    -
    Bit of a late reply, but I only just found out about this. I'll be a medal/flower bearer at the canoe slalom and football victory ceremonies. I got this role, through the regular application. What role did you get?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got the same role, at Eton Dorney and North Greenwich Arena (rowing and gymnastics). I'm so excited!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    I've got the same role, at Eton Dorney and North Greenwich Arena (rowing and gymnastics). I'm so excited!
    Hey i'm going to be at Eton Dorney doing the same role for the Olympics, I cannot wait!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I initially had an offer for this but after accepting it for Olympics and not Paralympics (as I was no longer going to be in the country for them) they changed it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'll be a medal/flower bearer for the Rhythmic Gymnastics and Badminton at Wembley Arena during the Olympics and one or a combination of Powerlifting, table tennis, sitting volleyball, wheelchair fencing and boccia at Excel for the Paralympics!

I applied through the Games Maker process, so glad I've finally found others doing the same thing as me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbontnewydd)
    Bit of a late reply, but I only just found out about this. I'll be a medal/flower bearer at the canoe slalom and football victory ceremonies. I got this role, through the regular application. What role did you get?
    Do you know when our costumes are going to be revealed? I'm actually so excited!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    New here
    I'm on Victory Ceremonies at the Aquatics Centre for Olympics and Greenwich Park for Paralympics.
    I applied through the regular GM application also.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanrpham)
    Do you know when our costumes are going to be revealed? I'm actually so excited!
    As I'm sure most other medal bearers have, I've been looking everywhere. The whole uniform seems to be shrouded in secrecy - all I know is that it's been designed by the RCA, and being manufactured by NEXT.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbontnewydd)
    As I'm sure most other medal bearers have, I've been looking everywhere. The whole uniform seems to be shrouded in secrecy - all I know is that it's been designed by the RCA, and being manufactured by NEXT.
    Yeah that's all I know too! Have you received dates for training and costume fitting yet?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanrpham)
    Yeah that's all I know too! Have you received dates for training and costume fitting yet?
    I have so excited
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    I have so excited
    Me too! I think it's great how inclusive these Olympics are (Male medal flower bearers for the first time!) And considering these were the requirements for Beijing 2008 Medal Flower Bearers!:

"Hostess candidates have to be university educated, aged 18 to 24, between 1.68 and 1.78 metres in height (5 ft 5 ins and 5 ft 8 ins), with a "ruddy and shiny complexion", "elastic skin" and "a plump but not fat body". Their faces needed to meet standards including the ratio between the "width of the nose and the length of the face" and "width of the mouth and width between the pupils", with eyes three-tenths the length of the face."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I saw this today..

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/colum...r-Team-GB.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh thanks for that, appreciate it! Gives me hope that the Medal Bearers will be given suits or tuxes, would be amazing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have my shifts, training and rehearsal dates through now.
    Also, I picked up the regular purple GM uniform from UDAC last week, as they said we could have them. (I think they want us to wear them travelling in) :rolleyes:
    One of my rehearsal dates is at the OPK on opening ceremony day. Think it'll be busy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoJu76)
    I have my shifts, training and rehearsal dates through now.
    Also, I picked up the regular purple GM uniform from UDAC last week, as they said we could have them. (I think they want us to wear them travelling in) :rolleyes:
    One of my rehearsal dates is at the OPK on opening ceremony day. Think it'll be busy!
    I have my training/rehersal and costume fitting dates, Games-time shifts, and the date for my first RST in Hackney, no word on uniform yet though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uniform unveiled today!

what do you guys think?

http://www.paralympic.org/news/londo...-look-revealed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Girls you will look good, Guys, ..........(did you want to wear what your dad wore in the sixties! )
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divingbrit)
    Girls you will look good, Guys, ..........(did you want to wear what your dad wore in the sixties! )
    Remember that this is the Royal College of Art we're dealing with here - this seems quite tame compared to what they could have done if they wanted to!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Remember that this is the Royal College of Art we're dealing with here
    great reply , love it , can you imagine what Vivian westwood would have turned out , transparent and no knickers, (and thats was for the men!)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.