The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 2 (PHY2H) - 30th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got the same answer. I used a different method though, will I still get full marks?

Which velocity time graph?
Original post by Hotdog
Who else wanted to cry when they saw the 3 mark question where you had to explain the path taken by the alpha particle?

On the first one I put it went through the outside of the atom. And the electrons didnt reflect it.

On the second one I just blabbed.

On the third one I put it reflected as it hit the nucleus which has a overall positive charge due to neutrons.

- what did you put?
Reply 102
:rolleyes:
Original post by StateSchooler95
I got 9.6 too I think. Can you remember the figures you put into the calculator?
Should refresh my brain.

What was the answer for the catching question?

I think I put in 4.8 - - 4.8 or something Like that :/ and for the catching question I said the time taken for the ball to stop increases so the rate of change in momentum decreases :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
I got the same answer. I used a different method though, will I still get full marks?

Which velocity time graph?

If its the right answer then yes you should :smile:
^ **** sake. I put rate of change in momentum increases. haha
Reply 105
On the first one I put it went through the outside of the atom. And the electrons didnt reflect it.

On the second one I just blabbed.

On the third one I put it reflected as it hit the nucleus which has a overall positive charge due to neutrons.

- what did you put?

Omg I babbled for everysingle one :/
Reply 106
^ **** sake. I put rate of change in momentum increases. haha

Hahahah you should get one mark for saying it takes longer for the ball to stop though :smile: I literally learnt the mark scheme word to word for those types of questions :wink:
Reply 107
Come on you intelligent people. Cook up an unofficial mark scheme for us all!
Original post by Hotdog
Hahahah you should get one mark for saying it takes longer for the ball to stop though :smile: I literally learnt the mark scheme word to word for those types of questions :wink:

I'll do that **** on my resit :biggrin:
Reply 109
Who's excited for march -_- I am literally dreading to find out what I got in biology
Lets compare answers everyone. Got a full tray of chocolates - let the depression begin -.-

ugh tell me about it i don't know why but after that exam i feel seriously depressed. everything that could go wrong went wrong - first of all i got in like 5minutes late because my computer was 5 minutes late. then i spent god-knows-how-long on that filament lamp graph and after comparing answers i think i've lost at least 2 marks probably more.

also am i the only one who thought the acceleration was 2m/s2? :frown:
Reply 111
I'll do that **** on my resit :biggrin:

Hahah don't worry you won't be ressitting! The grade boundaries are always pretty low for physics, I'm guessing they should be a around 31 -32 for an A*
Original post by Hotdog
Hahah don't worry you won't be ressitting! The grade boundaries are always pretty low for physics, I'm guessing they should be a around 31 -32 for an A*

that sounds high to me :frown:
biology is like 26/27 omg i think i might have to resit :frown:
Reply 113
Wow... my mind was a bit blown by the end of that. The plum pudding question threw me.

For the question about fine powders causing explosions, did you guys but that it would be fine powders because they have a larger surface area and a larger quantity is more likely to get charged? I honestly didn't know what I was babbling on about for half of it.
Reply 114
I got 2.5m/s squared for the acceleration. Anyone get that?
Reply 115
Original post by nyami001.303
ugh tell me about it i don't know why but after that exam i feel seriously depressed. everything that could go wrong went wrong - first of all i got in like 5minutes late because my computer was 5 minutes late. then i spent god-knows-how-long on that filament lamp graph and after comparing answers i think i've lost at least 2 marks probably more.

also am i the only one who thought the acceleration was 2m/s2? :frown:

Your depressed because you think you lost two marks on the whole paper???? O :O dude that's an A* and 100 ums

And yeh I think I got 2 m/s2 as well, cant remember :smile:
Reply 116
what about why the restistance changed after 0.8A?
Reply 117
Original post by kat2424

Original post by kat2424

I put the temperature increased.. ha ha. What did you put?
Reply 118
Original post by kat2424

I don't know I just put something about the potential difference also increases and because of V=IR, as the potential difference increases so does the resistance which means the resistance is higher and the current is lower. I don't know. :confused:
Reply 119
Original post by kat2424

I made up some crap for that one :/ why did it change???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending