The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 2 (PHY2H) - 30th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by outsider95
first one i said most of the atom is empty space, so the alpha particle passed right through
second one it was one of two things, either it slightly interacted with the nucleus, bending it slightly, or an electron interacted with it - not sure which one is correct, i went with the electron though
third one i said it hits the nucleus and deflects back, due to the same charges repelling

almost word for word to what i put!! hopefully we're right
Original post by aimes12
almost word for word to what i put!! hopefully we're right

hopefully :biggrin:
i really hope i did well in this paper, especially after that dreadful biology one :/
What did everyone put on how the length would affect the current?
Reply 143
How did you guys find the exam? wht abt the grade boundaries?
Original post by aimes12

Original post by aimes12
I got 98 then 9.6 then 9600

how do you get that i got 4.8 and then 4800?
Please please can someone kindly form an unofficial mark scheme? :smile: can't remember hardly any Qs
Reply 146
Original post by Subhaan120
Please please can someone kindly form an unofficial mark scheme? :smile: can't remember hardly any Qs

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1908959
Looking at all these posts about how hard the Biology exam was is getting me verrry nervous about tomorrow's OCR bio exam :frown:
Reply 148
For that question on the last page. I did 35-30 to get 5 then i did the rest, i did this because it was the change in momentum. Anyone else get this? :smile:
Reply 149
Original post by FishyFace
For that question on the last page. I did 35-30 to get 5 then i did the rest, i did this because it was the change in momentum. Anyone else get this? :smile:

Nope, it was the change in momentum when the batsman hit the ball, not the change in momentum as it travelled to the batsman.
Reply 150
Hmm, what a mixed paper. Some nice questions (2&3) but some real stinkers in there too. Question 5 made me want to cry, especially 5c I think it was about explaining Paths A, B and C. Yeah, completely guessed that one.

Anyone else notice we didn't need to re-arrange any formulas whatsoever? :biggrin:
Can some tell me if you had to draw a straight line or a curve on the graph ? PLEASEEE! :s-smilie:
Can some tell me if you had to draw a straight line or a curve on the graph ? PLEASEEE! :s-smilie:

it had to look like this: http://www.gcse.com/eimages/IVlamp.gif

at the same time it had to pass through (2,0.8)

it had to look like this: http://www.gcse.com/eimages/IVlamp.gif

at the same time it had to pass through (2,0.8)

ermmm thanks....crap i drew a straight line :s-smilie:
WHAT ABOUT 6A what was the question pleaseeee? im sooo stressed now
Biology Unit 2 = Impossible everyone in my year cried.
Chemistry Unit 2 = easy as long as you put the right stuff.
Physics Unit 2= well it was odd...all I felt like doing was slapping the person who ever made the exam.
WHAT ABOUT 6A what was the question pleaseeee? im sooo stressed now

I think questions 6a was along the lines of (don't quote me though!)

A bowler throws a cricket ball with a mass of 0.16kg at the batsman. Find the kinetic energy if he threw it at 35 m/s.

Using the formula for kinetic energy provided on the paper:

KE=1/2 x mass x velocity^2
=1/2 x 0.16kg x 35 x 35
=98J

Probably 1 mark for substituting the right numbers into the formula, and another for the right answer.

Hope that helps - I'm sure you've done fine overall!! :biggrin::biggrin:
hated this :frown:
ermmm thanks....crap i drew a straight line :s-smilie:

Me too! :biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by Leelad
Anyone else notice we didn't need to re-arrange any formulas whatsoever? :biggrin:

I was disappointed about that. Rearranging is super easy, and gets you easy marks.

The only silly mistake I really made was on the velocity graph, when I did 10 x 4, rather than 10 / 4. Still, I get a mark for the right unit (m/s^2).

That was a mixed paper. Question 5 tripped me up completely, but I think the rest of the paper wasn't too bad. The Biology was far harder.

Anyone got a rough idea of what the boundaries might be? I'm thinking perhaps 17 marks for a C grade?

Quick Reply

Latest