The Student Room Group

Edexcel a2 biology revision for the may/june 2012 exam :)

Helloo :smile:

This is a thread for all those seating for this exam in June.

We can share revision tips, resources and do discussion of the topics we have a problem in...or anything related to this exam :smile:

Hope revision is going good for you all :smile:

Good Luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
unit 5? the one thats on the 22nd June? thats ages away. bit early for a thread...
Reply 2
I'm doing both units in june - pretty scared as A2 bio seems a lot more difficult than AS. We've only just finished topic 6 (and are about to finish topic 5 with my other teacher) in school, which doesn't leave that much time for unit 5 :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by emmakh123
unit 5? the one thats on the 22nd June? thats ages away. bit early for a thread...

heyy there :smile:
This is basically a revision thread so while revising, if anyone has a problem they can just post it here :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by alexsasg
I'm doing both units in june - pretty scared as A2 bio seems a lot more difficult than AS. We've only just finished topic 6 (and are about to finish topic 5 with my other teacher) in school, which doesn't leave that much time for unit 5 :s-smilie:

Same...doing both the units in june :/
We have finished topic 4 & 6...we do both the units simultaneously... we are half way through topic 7 & barely done anything in topic 5..
Reply 5
Original post by aqua05

Original post by aqua05
Same...doing both the units in june :/
We have finished topic 4 & 6...we do both the units simultaneously... we are half way through topic 7 & barely done anything in topic 5..

There's just so much...content in biology! I'm dreading the ideas in context paper too, apparently last year's was like 17 pages long :\
Reply 6
We've just done the 4 stages of respiration in topic 4...dear God.
We've just done the 4 stages of respiration too.. :zomg:

I think atm the content is heavy but I'm just waiting for the article :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by This Honest
We've just done the 4 stages of respiration too.. :zomg:

I think atm the content is heavy but I'm just waiting for the article :colone:

Spoiler

Do you know when the article becomes available? My school never tells us these things, they're useless at ideas in context-related stuff. Urgh.

And the 4 stages were so...long! I'm not really enjoying biology this year ):
Do you know when the article becomes available? My school never tells us these things, they're useless at ideas in context-related stuff. Urgh.

And the 4 stages were so...long! I'm not really enjoying biology this year ):

It will be released 12 weeks before the exam.
I think khanacademy explains respiration very well :yep: I prefer this unit to unit 4 because I dislike ecology a lot :redface:
I think khanacademy explains respiration very well :yep: I prefer this unit to unit 4 because I dislike ecology a lot :redface:

Do you know how many marks its worth?? Ive been told its worth 1/3 of Unit 5, thanks!:smile:
Original post by Africananimal
Do you know how many marks its worth?? Ive been told its worth 1/3 of Unit 5, thanks!:smile:

unit 5=90 marks
since it's 1 third of unit 5, it should be....
30 :tongue:
unit 5=90 marks
since it's 1 third of unit 5, it should be....
30 :tongue:

Haha:colondollar: good point lol :P Thanks
Reply 13

Ooh okay, thanks for the tip! :smile: haha, I'm not the biggest fan of ecology either..
Can any 1 suggest the core practicals regarding Unit 4 and unit 5??? Would really appreciate the help.....:smile:
Ooh okay, thanks for the tip! :smile: haha, I'm not the biggest fan of ecology either..

:tongue:
How's coursework going by the way? Ecology unit 6= :colonhash: :cry2: :cry: :stomp: :mob: and more.. :cookie:
Reply 16
:tongue:
How's coursework going by the way? Ecology unit 6= :colonhash: :cry2: :cry: :stomp: :mob: and more.. :cookie:

We handed our coursework in about a month ago, since our teacher was going on maternity leave. I hated the coursework...to be honest, I'm beginning to hate everything haha. :tongue: Although you go beyond the whole respiration thing, I suppose topic 7's not too bad.

How's your coursework going?
We handed our coursework in about a month ago, since our teacher was going on maternity leave. I hated the coursework...to be honest, I'm beginning to hate everything haha. :tongue: Although you go beyond the whole respiration thing, I suppose topic 7's not too bad.

How's your coursework going?

A month ago? :redface: That's pretty early. We gave in our final copy on the first day back from 1/2 term. However, they did this last year for AS and they allowed us to keep on going for a couple of weeks more :mmm:
Reply 18
A month ago? :redface: That's pretty early. We gave in our final copy on the first day back from 1/2 term. However, they did this last year for AS and they allowed us to keep on going for a couple of weeks more :mmm:

Ah, that's pretty good. I hate it when teachers go on maternity leave in the middle of the year :angry: although I suppose there's not really much anyone can do.
I've just received the article today :grumble:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending