Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

CURRENT YEAR 13s-Hopeful Medics (Mk. II)!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)

Well we have a medicine advisor who made half the group of 30 leave. I was unaffected as I already knew it form TSR

I hear there's going rumours of a Cambridge 'ToWIE'. I so want to be the eccentric medic everyone thinks how the **** did he get in?. For the bantz.
    Thats a good thing - less competition for us :ninja:

A Cambridge TOWIE? That's blasphemy :nooo:

So you want to apply to Cambridge eh :holmes: Where else are you thinking of applying to?
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard)
    Thats a good thing - less competition for us :ninja:

A Cambridge TOWIE? That's blasphemy :nooo:

So you want to apply to Cambridge eh :holmes: Where else are you thinking of applying to?
    Insuppose less competition is a good thing :evil:

Cambridge TOWIE? It would be greater than the epic of Gilgamesh... With twice the homerotic fornication :sexface:

And Im nit saying anything until I get my AS results :-(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm a second year medical student! I have a channel on youtube 'mymediclife' just type it in! I add 3-4 videos a week and PROMISE to respond to any questions within 48 hours (usually 24)!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewleonard1)
    Hey everyone! I'm a second year medical student! I have a channel on youtube 'mymediclife' just type it in! I add 3-4 videos a week and PROMISE to respond to any questions within 48 hours (usually 24)!
    Useful videos!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im off for my first day volunteering at British Heart Foundation, Im quite looking forward to it
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got asked today if you could still do medicine if you retook your AS year of A-levels?

I wasn't sure?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bristol... :daydreaming:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Nadal vs djokovic? Greeaaaaaaaat match :O
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemine1)
    Useful videos!
    Thank you, good feedback keeps me going

Youtube channel: MyMedicLife
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom533)
    Anyone watching Nadal vs djokovic? Greeaaaaaaaat match :O
    :sexface:
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    I got asked today if you could still do medicine if you retook your AS year of A-levels?

I wasn't sure?
    Of course but it's harder to get in as you have to justify wasting a year of education when there were probably no good reasons why.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemine1)
    :sexface:
    YYEAAAAAAAH DJOKOVIC!!!!!

What. A. BEAAAAAAAAAAST :O
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah he's pretty hardcore, but he's also fresh meat. My loyalties gotta lie with Nadal/Federer
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Nonetheless, I hang my hat to his backhand. :hat2:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a Ted Mosby in my life. #firstworldproblems
    • 106 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)

I wasn't sure?
    Depends on the medical school, usually you'll need extenuating circumstances.

If you retake the AS year whilst doing your A2 year (still take 2 years overall) then it's possible, but you'll probably need to apply with achieved grades (during a gap year)
    If you take an extra year (3 years overall) then you have a real problem and will need to check with the universities to make sure you're eligible to apply.
    This page covers it, but is more aimed at those that retake A2 year so will need checking for AS year retakes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies

Resitting modules is generally fine though, apart from places like oxbridge, UCL etc
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewleonard1)
    Hi, to be honest i found some of these a bit misguided and some a bit patronizing, but some were OK.

I appreciate the thought but i think you've posted here a couple of times before and it get's a bit advertisingy, something to think about i guess.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Depends on the medical school, usually you'll need extenuating circumstances.

If you retake the AS year whilst doing your A2 year (still take 2 years overall) then it's possible, but you'll probably need to apply with achieved grades (during a gap year)
    If you take an extra year (3 years overall) then you have a real problem and will need to check with the universities to make sure you're eligible to apply.
    This page covers it, but is more aimed at those that retake A2 year so will need checking for AS year retakes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies

Resitting modules is generally fine though, apart from places like oxbridge, UCL etc
    Hey PSQ.

Lets say in Maths I were to get 85/100 UMS in C1, but then I decided to retake it to raise that to 95+ UMS bearing in mind 85 was still an A, would UCL/Oxbridge (that lot ) frown upon this?
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon just tidied my room and today I GOT A NEW PRINTER! Eeeeeeeeeeee!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    Good afternoon just tidied my room and today I GOT A NEW PRINTER! Eeeeeeeeeeee!
    It's a quarter past 7
Updated: October 18, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.