The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringGenius

Good afternoon :biggrin: just tidied my room and today I GOT A NEW PRINTER! Eeeeeeeeeeee!

That's definitely the most enthusiastic reaction to a new printer I've witnessed recently :giggle:
Original post by erniiee

Original post by erniiee
Hey PSQ.

Lets say in Maths I were to get 85/100 UMS in C1, but then I decided to retake it to raise that to 95+ UMS bearing in mind 85 was still an A, would UCL/Oxbridge (that lot :tongue:) frown upon this?

Oh this is exactly what I was worrying over; C1 didn't go brilliantly for me. I feel I could do a lot better (seeing as it's... C1) but messed up that exam - do unis know you've resat modules in Maths? And is this a big No-No for medicine?
omg, i've been sitting on thread 1, wondering why it had gotten all quiet!
Reply 223
Original post by ameelia22

Original post by ameelia22
omg, i've been sitting on thread 1, wondering why it had gotten all quiet!

:lol: Welcome to the new one! :biggrin:
Reply 224
Tennis, Football and NBA all today (I know nobody here probably watches the last, but yeah...)

FML, no work done today. :frown:
Original post by erniiee
:lol:

Lists are the only way I can be organised :P

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Well our deadline isn't til October..

But you need to give it to your school in September generally so they can check it and add the reference before sending it off for you.

Original post by FloydHead
Oh is it? I thought it was September :P Never mind...

You're right as I said above :smile: It will probably differ from school to school though.

It is. Whomever wins the 'most likely to become an Amoeba' award will most definitely be given an unconditional at Cambridge and be the worlds most successful doctor. :biggrin:

Is that because you think you're going to win the award?? :wink:

I've applied to that Sutton Summer school for Medicine at Cambridge. I suspect I'll get rejected-

If that happens, a small part of me want to get rejected from Cambridge in the real thing just for the quirky novelty that I got rejected three times by Cambridge in 2012. :moon: that'll be one to tell the kids...

Before chaining them to the desk to study :colone:

I've applied too :biggrin:

Hahaha soo funny :P :lol:
Original post by Natalie21

But you need to give it to your school in September generally so they can check it and add the reference before sending it off for you.

You're right as I said above :smile: It will probably differ from school to school though.

Do you think Ive got the skills to get rejected three times in one year?
Applied for cambo summer school, expecting a rejection though tbh lol.

BTW, does anyone know what year of sitting means?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AtomicMan
Applied for cambo summer school, expecting a rejection though tbh lol.

BTW, does anyone know what year of sitting means?

The year in which you sat the exams: so for us, GCSEs were sat in 2011. 2011 would therefore be the year of sitting.
Reply 229
Original post by Lily Academia
That's definitely the most enthusiastic reaction to a new printer I've witnessed recently :giggle:

Original post by Lily Academia
Oh this is exactly what I was worrying over; C1 didn't go brilliantly for me. I feel I could do a lot better (seeing as it's... C1) but messed up that exam - do unis know you've resat modules in Maths? And is this a big No-No for medicine?

Exactly my thoughts :yep:

Haha :tongue: my thing is alarms. Always going off on my phone, hate it when I can't remember what it was for though! Thank god my phone can label them now :biggrin:

And rejection three times? :holmes: one for Medical School Application (am I right? :tongue:), one for the summer school, and what else?

AND I AM AN OFFICAL TRAINEE FIRST AIDER :party: :woo: :ahee:

spent this weekend doing the course...a bit boring at times, but I've come out alive as an SJA trainee first aider. Yay!
Original post by erniiee

Haha :tongue: my thing is alarms. Always going off on my phone, hate it when I can't remember what it was for though! Thank god my phone can label them now :biggrin:

spent this weekend doing the course...a bit boring at times, but I've come out alive as an SJA trainee first aider. Yay!

Yeah I have lists and alarms on my phone too :P

Why only trainee?

Try having to do that course for the second time when yours isn't even overdue :/ :/

Do you think Ive got the skills to get rejected three times in one year?

Do you want me to answer that honestly :wink:
Reply 231
Original post by matthewleonard1
Hey everyone! I'm a second year medical student! I have a channel on youtube 'mymediclife' just type it in! I add 3-4 videos a week and PROMISE to respond to any questions within 48 hours (usually 24)!

Helpful insight thanks, i hope it comes along well :smile:. Are going to make videos on hospitals you work in?
I feel like the only person on this thread who doesn't give a rat's ass about going to Oxbridge :tongue:
I feel like the only person on this thread who doesn't give a rat's ass about going to Oxbridge :tongue:

lucky you :wink:
Reply 234
Original post by erniiee

Congrats, My school had teachers who could teach it, but I bet it was more funner though in SJA :biggrin:
Reply 235

Same here :colonhash:(but not a rats ass :tongue:)

Meh I've moved away from it...Defo not applying to Oxford and I'll only apply to Cam if I get high enough UMS :P

Might apply there for the summer school, but it's straight after results, and if things don't go well I'll be miserable the whole time lol...
Yeah I have lists and alarms on my phone too :P

Why only trainee?

Try having to do that course for the second time when yours isn't even overdue :/ :/

Psshhhht try spending a term of CCF learning first aid from the most ruthless army instructor ever, screaming at you EVERY time you don't press hard enough when giving CPR -_-'
He pretty much wanted us to break the dummy before he was satisfied lol...
Original post by NitroAbdi
Same here :colonhash:(but not a rats ass :tongue:)

:five:

Original post by Boom533
Meh I've moved away from it...Defo not applying to Oxford and I'll only apply to Cam if I get high enough UMS :P

Might apply there for the summer school, but it's straight after results, and if things don't go well I'll be miserable the whole time lol...

Aww, you'll get amazing results, I bet. Anyway, we always have our backup plan, right, RE? :wink:

lucky you :wink:

I don't really see how it makes me unlucky or lucky
The year in which you sat the exams: so for us, GCSEs were sat in 2011. 2011 would therefore be the year of sitting.

Oh dear, I think I put 2011 for my AS's by accident :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending