The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
Ehehe :tongue:

Really? Explains their nazi GCSE views :tongue:

Ah shizzle :/ yea I think I might have to do that. I'm thinking of sitting mine just before summer holidays begin..when are you thinking of doing it?

Hahaha :P

Yeah I'm thinking mid July time probably so I have time to choice afterwards :smile:

Original post by Orinincandenza
Yep, one of the things i've realised recently is that in a lot of cases university selection makes a bigger difference than actual grades/ukcat/etc.

So i've got a fairly large shortlist of about 9 and then'll decide later based on UKCAT & A level predictions and stuff.

Awesome - I was just worried I was leaving it all a bit to the last minute :P

Original post by Boom533
stuff about bio olympiad blah blah

You did the bio olympiad this year? How did you do?
Reply 2501
Original post by erniiee
Aha woo :smile: good luck!

yea I've booked it - 23rd June :smile: cba to find that page unless its this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

You wouldn't be so kind to link me to the place where you book it would you please? :colondollar:
Reply 2502
Original post by fletchdd02
You wouldn't be so kind to link me to the place where you book it would you please? :colondollar:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/forms/form/139/
:smile:
Reply 2503
Ahhhhhhh! Just booked my UKCAT.
Everything is suddenly real. Time flies. I can't believe this is happening. I'm scared and excited at the same time!
Reply 2504
Reply 2505
Original post by Satta101
Everything is suddenly real. Time flies. I can't believe this is happening. I'm scared and excited at the same time!

Wow thats early! When you doing it? Good Luck for it! :biggrin:
Reply 2506

ahh ok gettin it over and done with quickly then? When's your test date?

I personally want to do it soon, but I also want lots of time after the exams to make sure I'm ready. I'm thinking around August.
Original post by Gcayte
Yeah, Ill prob try get a week at GP's and then have loads of overtime at work and save the money for a car :tongue:
Yeah, thats what I did too, I linked in maths challenge and stuff like that and volunteering. I said that I wanted to do medicine, but I am sure I want to do a BSc so this will help me with that, not sure if that was the right thing to say :redface:
Yeah I guess, I'll have a bit left if I can still get on the train for a child, probably be about £35 for the month :cool:
Good Luck for yours anyway, you'll have to let us know if you hear anything! Which region are you in? (non-stalkerish way :colondollar:)

My parents just got a new car coz the old one was a piece of crap, but they said I could have it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: any car is a car, right? >.<
oooo intercalated BSc is a good way to put it, nice :P
HOW :O travel for me to into Central London costs me like £5 a day o.0
thanks, you too :biggrin: mebbe we'll even get the same place :cool: London, you?
Original post by erniiee
Aha woo :smile: good luck!

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Natalie21

Didn't do the test this year, it's for Yr 13s :P but we did get to do the test as a practice after, got a bronze, but considering we hadn't prepared for it at all, pretty pleased lol...

going through A2 bio now for next years test...-_-' a lot of it is amazing, but the topic i'm covering is reproduction in ferns and mosses...D:

do you do olympiad?
Original post by Boom533
Didn't do the test this year, it's for Yr 13s :P but we did get to do the test as a practice after, got a bronze, but considering we hadn't prepared for it at all, pretty pleased lol...

going through A2 bio now for next years test...-_-' a lot of it is amazing, but the topic i'm covering is reproduction in ferns and mosses...D:

do you do olympiad?

Aah nice well done! :biggrin:

Hahaha sounds thrilling :wink:

Yes our school does it, and the chem olympiad - they'll start extension biology and chemistry lessons after exams :smile:
Aah nice well done! :biggrin:

Hahaha sounds thrilling :wink:

Yes our school does it, and the chem olympiad - they'll start extension biology and chemistry lessons after exams :smile:

lol hopefully do a bit better next year :P

oh.my.god...hate plants so much D: whhhyyyyyy

yeah we just started preparing in Jan, just going through A2 spec and Olympiad spec at lunch :smile:
Original post by Boom533
lol hopefully do a bit better next year :P

oh.my.god...hate plants so much D: whhhyyyyyy

yeah we just started preparing in Jan, just going through A2 spec and Olympiad spec at lunch :smile:

A bronze with no prep is amazing though!
I quite like plants :3
Woah you guys are going to ace it and A2 biology!!

It's crazy that we're starting our A2 courses in a months time!
Original post by Gcayte
Wow thats early! When you doing it? Good Luck for it! :biggrin:

Well I'm not doing it until August 28th, but we were told by our school that the dates book up quickly, so we should book quick to get the most choice, or we'll end up doing it at a really inconvenient time. I want almost the whole summer to do some UKCAT preparation, so I thought 28th August is a good time for me :smile:
Reply 2513
Original post by Boom533
My parents just got a new car coz the old one was a piece of crap, but they said I could have it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: any car is a car, right? >.<
oooo intercalated BSc is a good way to put it, nice :P
HOW :O travel for me to into Central London costs me like £5 a day o.0
thanks, you too :biggrin: mebbe we'll even get the same place :cool: London, you?

Awesome! that's lucky, and true! i just want a little 1 litre, so insurance is cheap :L still gotta wait 3 months for my birthday though :redface: i thought it would be alright to put that, who knows.
My return train fare is about 2.50 for a kid, but if I get a month ticket thing its cheaper. I live near nottingham though, so quite different to London :L doubt we'd get the same place, since we're about 3 hours away from each other :redface:
Reply 2514
Original post by Holz888
Well I'm not doing it until August 28th, but we were told by our school that the dates book up quickly, so we should book quick to get the most choice, or we'll end up doing it at a really inconvenient time. I want almost the whole summer to do some UKCAT preparation, so I thought 28th August is a good time for me :smile:

Ah right! i didn't know you could book it that early :redface: yeah that seems like a good day to take it :smile:
Reply 2515
Original post by Gcayte
Awesome! that's lucky, and true! i just want a little 1 litre, so insurance is cheap :L still gotta wait 3 months for my birthday though :redface: i thought it would be alright to put that, who knows.
My return train fare is about 2.50 for a kid, but if I get a month ticket thing its cheaper. I live near nottingham though, so quite different to London :L doubt we'd get the same place, since we're about 3 hours away from each other :redface:

cheap insurance for young people? impossible
Reply 2516
Original post by Pride
cheap insurance for young people? impossible

I've found it for 1300 :redface: still so much money...
A bronze with no prep is amazing though!
I quite like plants :3
Woah you guys are going to ace it and A2 biology!!

It's crazy that we're starting our A2 courses in a months time!

lol one guy got a silver, dunno how :O

can't stand them, only bit I like is the movement of water...that actual makes logical sense :P

lol hopefully, we all thought might as well do A2 now, and we can just fall asleep all of next year :P

i knooowwwwww, except for english, just watching movies for the rest of the month after exams :P
Original post by Gcayte
Im going to that too :smile:

Aha woo, hope I see you there :tongue:
Hahaha :P

Yeah I'm thinking mid July time probably so I have time to choice afterwards :smile:

Awesome - I was just worried I was leaving it all a bit to the last minute :P

Ah okay :smile: I'm worried about booking it for a date to soon and not having any time to prepare though :/
Original post by fletchdd02

Thanks Gcayte!

Wow! I wanna get mine booked now, especially if it gets booked up quickly!
Original post by Gcayte

lol the insurance on the car is worth more than the car itself now -_-'
were you born in september?
lol if we do...meet in the middle at Birmingham-ish :P

Latest

Trending

Trending