Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

CURRENT YEAR 13s-Hopeful Medics (Mk. II)!

Announcements Posted on
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    I guess she was quite attractive but for me personally she didn't stand out.

I thought Turkey's act was simply awful! i don't know how it got there, nor got so many points! Normally there are a few joke acts but Turkey seemed to be the only one, so people voted in droves.

I always like Moldova's acts. For the poorest country in europe, they have such light humour
    I remember Moldova's act from the other year, not sure when though.

Don't forget Russia and the grannies! :giggle:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    had my first day of my ortho placement Got to sit in on a clinic. I didn't think I'd like ortho but it looks like I might have a new favorite. Gonna be a good week- eek! :happy2:
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erniiee)
    :lol: I'm worried I might just crack up in the test haha. As long as the situations aren't too far fetched I think I'll cope

Wow that's very impressive. Must kinda feel a bit like a uni then!
    It sounds like a uni, but then you get to the lessons and apart from the fact you call teachers by their first name, it's all very spoon-fed education. Which isn't helpful for me as I am quite an independant learner. :rolleyes: (I know, one of those...)
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkAndTwisty)
    I remember Moldova's act from the other year, not sure when though.

Don't forget Russia and the grannies! :giggle:
    How can I forget the grannies? I'm already starting to piss people off on facebook for posting videos of them I love them, i want them to play at my wedding! (did you know one of them is 44 :O!)

Moldove had the funny act with the pointy hats and the fairy on a unicycle and oversized trumpets and drop crotch trousers. :lol:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    which unis count EPQ as fourth AS? thanks in advance xx
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaraBelle)
    Yeah it was quite bad :/ and don't even get me started on maths, it was so horrible, definitely got a B ah well, done now. how did physics go?

We've FINISHEDDDDDDD

3 weeks off now, and next week off to london for work experience gahh so excited!
    You never know, still hope for an A Physics went pretty bad, was a hard paper in my opinion very little easy marks :/
    I know! It feels so weird not having to revise! We've started all A2 work now though
    Awesome! Have a good time! Im jealous
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaTara)
    which unis count EPQ as fourth AS? thanks in advance xx
    I'm in the process of gathering this information for each university. You may want to do the same.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    I'm in the process of gathering this information for each university. You may want to do the same.
    Keele!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erniiee)
    Haha very helpful I kinda wish there was a bit more direction available, I mean I know what I will be doing to prepare but I'm sure some people aren't really sure where to even look. I don't know when I'm gonna start, needs to be soon though :eek:
    You're not kidding:

Spoiler:
    Show

Mine's booked... for the 3rd of July.

(I know.):hide:

I have a crazy-non-stop summer ahead, and it's really the only plausible time to sit it. I started today, but QR scares the hell out of me. Statistical jargon and number juggling are not my thing :no:; I chose Maths at A-level for the algebra. I'm terrified, but I think getting it out of the way while my head's still in exam-mode is the (though also scariest) best thing for me.

Oh God, I hope I do alright...
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keele!
    Keele!

Not replied to my email yet, grr.
    • 116 followers

ReputationRep:
    COME ON LET ME BE YOUR APHRODISIAC! bwahahaha!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keele!

Not replied to my email yet, grr.
    yep its on tsr on their entry requirement page so assuming its true

but I still think most places put more emphasis on a 4th AS, and just take into consideration the EPQ maybe if you've got a B or C in 4th AS
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    yep its on tsr on their entry requirement page so assuming its true

but I still think most places put more emphasis on a 4th AS, and just take into consideration the EPQ maybe if you've got a B or C in 4th AS
    5/8 of the ones that have replied do accept the EPQ as the 4th AS.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    5/8 of the ones that have replied do accept the EPQ as the 4th AS.
    ohhh which ones?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    ohhh which ones?
    Oooh lets have a look, admissions staff from the following universities have specifically said that the EPQ is classed as a 4th for the A100 course: Queens, Liverpool, Leicester, Kings and Lancaster. Not to mention Aberdeen and Newcastle, but they dont ask for a 4th AS.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oooh lets have a look, admissions staff from the following universities have specifically said that the EPQ is classed as a 4th for the A100 course: Queens, Liverpool, Leicester, Kings and Lancaster. Not to mention Aberdeen and Newcastle, but they dont ask for a 4th AS.

Ahh nice you applying to any of them?
    might go for kings not liverpool or lancaster- heard some bad stories from friends there :/
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    might go for kings not liverpool or lancaster- heard some bad stories from friends there :/
    Well my four at the moment are: BSMS, Barts, Keele and Liverpool. The last is interchangable. You?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well my four at the moment are: BSMS, Barts, Keele and Liverpool. The last is interchangable. You?
    barts, uea, manchester, and either kings or newcastle
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    barts, uea, manchester, and either kings or newcastle
    Newcastle is a possible for me too, just not too sure. Whats the theory behind your choices?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcayte)
    You never know, still hope for an A Physics went pretty bad, was a hard paper in my opinion very little easy marks :/
    I know! It feels so weird not having to revise! We've started all A2 work now though
    Awesome! Have a good time! Im jealous
    seems unlikely but here's hoping I guess :/ aw no, well same to you, you never know!
    You mean you're back at school? Seriously?
    thank youuu, had my first day today

like what, do spill?
Updated: October 18, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.