The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The stalking thread just went up. Time to panic. :frown:
Stalkingg thread For 2013? :lolwut:

I've spent the last four days drowning on Dartmoor with a mountain of kit and sideways rain :lol: such fun!
Original post by erniiee
Feel like I post in this thread so rarely nowadays! How is everyone?

Hey, how are you?? :biggrin:
Original post by Hippokrates

I just felt funny in my tummy :eek4:
It's getting real guys. Everything we've been waiting for is nearly here. Good luck to you all before I start considering you as my competition (just kidding :tongue:)

The question is... who is going to be first? :tongue:

No need to panic just yet, just got it sorted for you lot ahead of time so that when the time comes it's only a few clicks and it's ready :wink:

Original post by AspiringGenius
Stalkingg thread For 2013? :lolwut:

I've spent the last four days drowning on Dartmoor with a mountain of kit and sideways rain :lol: such fun!

Yep :yep:

Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2057646
Wiki page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2013_Entry

Original post by HarryMWilliams
The question is... who is going to be first? :tongue:

Me since I'll need to re-open it when the time comes and let you lot know :wink:
Reply 4746
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
No need to panic just yet, just got it sorted for you lot ahead of time so that when the time comes it's only a few clicks and it's ready :wink:

Yep :yep:

Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2057646
Wiki page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2013_Entry

Me since I'll need to re-open it when the time comes and let you lot know :wink:

I'm non-existant on the applicant profiles wiki. :sad:

So, very scary. Ninja penguin troupe! :penguin:
Original post by Vulpes
I'm non-existant on the applicant profiles wiki. :sad:

It's really weird that you say this since we're actually discussing that page at the moment behind the scenes :lol:

It'll probably be a while till you're on their I'm afraid, but it's on the to-do list :redface:
Reply 4749
It's really weird that you say this since we're actually discussing that page at the moment behind the scenes :lol:

It'll probably be a while till you're on their I'm afraid, but it's on the to-do list :redface:

I'm psychic :ninja:

Spoiler

Oh and,

THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR < Blame 9gag :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Vulpes
I'm psychic :ninja:

Spoiler

Oh and,

THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR < Blame 9gag :tongue:

Ahhh that makes more sense :tongue:

We've set up a thread in the main medicine forum now, so feel free to share your views here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2057790 (applies to everyone!)

And I'm only human and make mistakes too from time to time :ashamed:
Reply 4751
Ahhh that makes more sense :tongue:

We've set up a thread in the main medicine forum now, so feel free to share your views here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2057790 (applies to everyone!)

And I'm only human and make mistakes too from time to time :ashamed:

Oh WOW. I'll post in that thread in a bit :yep:
Original post by Vulpes
Oh WOW. I'll post in that thread in a bit :yep:

Hence my initial panic thinking you could see the mod forum :tongue:

Please do :yep:
Original post by Holz888
Me neither! Funny how I was much more present during exam time... I'm good :smile: how are you?

How are everyone's personal statements coming along? Mine is nearly done, and it's sounding a lot more like me talking now, which I like :smile:

Aha that's so true, I think I am a true procrastinator :ninja: aha :tongue:

I'm fine, just a bit tired of school, glad it's over this week. Then gotta get cracking hard with UKCAT prep! I've also got to get a move on with my PS - only done about a third.
Original post by ameelia22
Likewise, it was habit before and during exams, needless to say, i'm back and i'm bad baby. How's your PS and that? Booked your UKCAT for...?

Mine's not till way out in the last week of August but i'm beginning to think i need to reconsider because what if I do peak too early...(although QR will currently be the death of me)

Its funny isn't it! Its going okayish, happy with what I've written although its only a third. Gotta get cracking with it and my UKCAT prep.

I was thinking of booking mine for the 14th of August but thinking about it now, I might delay it till maybe 20-25th. Get in a good week or two after the Olympics of prep then I should be alright to go.

Original post by Natalie21
Hey, how are you?? :biggrin:

Hey Natalie, I'm good :smile: how are you?

I recently did a Cardiology placement - was really great to experience the whole ward round and moving around as part of the team of a consultant, SHO and FY1s. Making me so excited for when we finish medical school! Aha. And I really like the hospital I've done my work experience at - if I do end up in London I'll definitely be applying to work there :yep: of course, I'll probably change my mind when I see all the rest haha.
Original post by erniiee

I'm fine, just a bit tired of school, glad it's over this week.

Are you still at school?! :eek:

We broke up last Thursday, but I had the whole of last week off because of DofE :u:

Get in a good week or two after the Olympics of prep then I should be alright to go.

Have you got tickets?

I actually can't believe that the Olympics are so soon; knowing Britain, it'll probably be a massive pile of **** :tongue:
Original post by erniiee
Aha that's so true, I think I am a true procrastinator :ninja: aha :tongue:

I'm fine, just a bit tired of school, glad it's over this week. Then gotta get cracking hard with UKCAT prep! I've also got to get a move on with my PS - only done about a third.

Its funny isn't it! Its going okayish, happy with what I've written although its only a third. Gotta get cracking with it and my UKCAT prep.

I was thinking of booking mine for the 14th of August but thinking about it now, I might delay it till maybe 20-25th. Get in a good week or two after the Olympics of prep then I should be alright to go.

Hey Natalie, I'm good :smile: how are you?

I recently did a Cardiology placement - was really great to experience the whole ward round and moving around as part of the team of a consultant, SHO and FY1s. Making me so excited for when we finish medical school! Aha. And I really like the hospital I've done my work experience at - if I do end up in London I'll definitely be applying to work there :yep: of course, I'll probably change my mind when I see all the rest haha.

Haha, yes, the hospital is heaven compared to ealing. (apprently ealing is getting closed down though o.O)

Oh my god, just got 726/900 on an AR mock on medify :colone:. YOU MY B***** NOW ABSTRACT REASONING!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SaintSoldier
Are you still at school?! :eek:

We broke up last Thursday, but I had the whole of last week off because of DofE :u:

Have you got tickets?

I actually can't believe that the Olympics are so soon; knowing Britain, it'll probably be a massive pile of **** :tongue:

Lucky you!

Nah I haven't but watching it all at home :yep: especially the Athletics. So excited for it!

Original post by AtomicMan
Haha, yes, the hospital is heaven compared to ealing. (apprently ealing is getting closed down though o.O)

Oh my god, just got 726/900 on an AR mock on medify :colone:. YOU MY B***** NOW ABSTRACT REASONING!

Aha really?! Oh god :/

Go you, is that a free resource?
Original post by erniiee
Lucky you!

Nah I haven't but watching it all at home :yep: especially the Athletics. So excited for it!

Aha really?! Oh god :/

Go you, is that a free resource?

its 25 pounds for 1770 questions, they have around 750 AR questions, so well worth it IMO, especially if you struggle at AR, its not as hard as 600Q, but not too easy. Very user-friendly too (except flagging questions, that needs checking)

Id say medify+600Q+UKCAT mock should be enough practice to tackle the real thing! (atleast, i hope so :redface:)
I don't mind histology too much.. well once the cells start to not all look the same at least.

Ethics is the worst at the moment.. thankfully it doesn't come up much.

Well you'll cover a lot of psychosocial crap in FunMed with the PBLs.. but you don't need to work that out, you can just wing it on the day.

I'll give you an example: Father and daughter (young) have achondroplasia (long bones don't grow as much as they should, so it's dwarfism), mother is normal. What issues can this cause the family?

:yawn:

Ethics I find interesting and not bad at all :dontknow:

Winging sounds good :yep:

Ah :wizard:

Original post by ameelia22
I'm working on finding some more fun stuff. I read Bad Science which was OKAY in terms of fun-factor.

OOh, what you getting pierced? I'm thinking helix next, but i'm a bit concerned how im going to have to take these all out at some point in terms of looking professional...

Sounds like a plan :yy:

Hopefully my nape, belly button and a second ear piercing. Torn between helix and anti-helix so I'm leaving it be for the future :redface: Yeah haha I know what you mean. I really want a nape and the average time for cape piercings lasting are not very long so I thought I might as well :biggrin: Problem is I wanted a Sankofa on my nape as well so it's been hard deciding which to get :erm:
Thought I would let you know.. if you are considering applying to either of the Peninsula universities (Plymouth or Exeter) then they will welcome any additional letters/references.

Thats not to say it will help your application, but in the same light it may just tip the balance for a selection. Unlikely! But always possible. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending