Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CURRENT YEAR 13s-Hopeful Medics (Mk. II)!

Announcements Posted on
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halii_94)
    i did coasts at gcse but not glaciers...fml :cry2: haha

have fun on Trauma and Orthopaedics
    That sucks :/ Why didn't your school pick Coasts again... or did you change schools?

Thank you
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    That sucks :/ Why didn't your school pick Coasts again... or did you change schools?

Thank you
    my school didnt have a sixth form so i had to i enjoy it but the amount there is to learn..like seriously even our teacher think they have gone overboard with the amount of landforms we have to learn.

• 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    my school didnt have a sixth form so i had to i enjoy it but the amount there is to learn..like seriously even our teacher think they have gone overboard with the amount of landforms we have to learn.

Ahh that sucks :/ What other topics are you doing? I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that sucks :/ What other topics are you doing? I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health
    rivers population and energy i think
    population has been my favourite so far
    how far into your whole AS course are you ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though this is coming slightly prematurely, it is still something to think about, I suppose.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3M...feature=relmfu
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hootie*)
    Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though slightly premature, something to think about. Scary!
    Thanks for the link
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcayte)

erm saw an enema, a huge bed sore, looked inside peoples ears with an ophthalmoscope, listened to patients chests, listened a lot to consultants, saw a patient with a BMI of 11 (was quite scary ), watched blood and catheters, helped prepare a man to go to the morgue, ate sweets and cakes, organised going on the ward rounds tomorrow and thursday which should be good and should be going on EAU some point in the week
    Just had an overview of the ward really and got to know people
    Bet the enema was the highlight of your day, and that bed sore! The BMI of 11 sounds like it might have been very shocking! Ooo, sweets Have fun on the ward rounds!

Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though this is coming slightly prematurely, it is still something to think about, I suppose.
    Welcome to the thread
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    rivers population and energy i think
    population has been my favourite so far
    how far into your whole AS course are you ?
    Finished Rivers, Coasts, and the work for the skills paper, and halfway through Health and Population - we only have one hr of population a week compared to 4 hrs of Health so we'll finish Health in a couple of weeks time

How about you??

Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

Not to early - I need to write my UNIQ personal statement this week :P

Thanks for the link
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be so worried about having to re-apply if I won the lottery and could travel for my gap year. *has just been day dreaming about going places*
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzBuzz)
    omg mee too, the exams i think went alright are not biology/chemistry which is really annoying cause there are the most important ones. i am scared i might have to resit(((

Did you do AQA? I did, and I thought Chemistry did not go well at all. To make matters worse, the grade boundaries for the ISA are ridculously high.

The science department at my school don't even allow resits.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished Rivers, Coasts, and the work for the skills paper, and halfway through Health and Population - we only have one hr of population a week compared to 4 hrs of Health so we'll finish Health in a couple of weeks time

How about you??

Thanks for the link
    wow well weve got half of the cold environments topic left and the whole of the skills...oh lordy lord haha

ooh im doing my PS for that in a few mins
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

How about you??

Thanks for the link

Oh, a fellow UNIQ applicant.
    Good luck with the personal statement.

Surprisingly, the official UNIQ thread is pretty dead at the moment!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guyss!
    I'm in year 13 and I'm still suffering through this whole UCAS application but I can feel it's coming to an end quite soon! I haven't heard back from all my options yet so it's by no means over and I probably won't give the besstt advice ever, but I remember having quite a few questions this time last year so feel free to throw some questions at me (preferably not a bucket load about my stats!) about the whole application process

Good luck for this year, try and do as well as you possibly can in your exams because it takes off so much pressure at A2
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow well weve got half of the cold environments topic left and the whole of the skills...oh lordy lord haha

ooh im doing my PS for that in a few mins
    To be fair the skills paper is pretty easy - particularly if you've done stats GCSE :P

(Original post by PinkEye)
    Oh, a fellow UNIQ applicant.
    Good luck with the personal statement.

Surprisingly, the official UNIQ thread is pretty dead at the moment!
    Thanks
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Hey guyss!
    I'm in year 13 and I'm still suffering through this whole UCAS application but I can feel it's coming to an end quite soon! I haven't heard back from all my options yet so it's by no means over and I probably won't give the besstt advice ever, but I remember having quite a few questions this time last year so feel free to throw some questions at me (preferably not a bucket load about my stats!) about the whole application process

Good luck for this year, try and do as well as you possibly can in your exams because it takes off so much pressure at A2
    Thanks for the offer of your help And I love your signature
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be fair the skills paper is pretty easy - particularly if you've done stats GCSE :P

Thanks

Thanks for the offer of your help And I love your signature
    oh goody
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you on work experience this week?
    No hopefully have some by Easter!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    BUZZING

just arranged 3 days in Cardiology shadowing a consultant cardiologist!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erniiee)
    BUZZING

just arranged 3 days in Cardiology shadowing a consultant cardiologist!
    Nice! Should be fun, listening to people's hearts, and learning more about the circulatory system, would love to do cardio, but the cardio dept near me said w.e doesnt exist there
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkAndTwisty)

Then there's no need for the sad face, eh? :console:
    i suppose not, but dont want to rule out any places too early
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmMclovin)
    i suppose not, but dont want to rule out any places too early
    I've ruled out tons: whether it be because I don't meet the requirements or simply because I don't want to go there!
Updated: October 18, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.