The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
No :frown: hopefully have some by Easter!

I'm not doing any at Easter - cannot wait for a break :biggrin:

Original post by erniiee
BUZZING

just arranged 3 days in Cardiology shadowing a consultant cardiologist! :biggrin:

Nice I've got a week in Cardiology in August :biggrin:

When is yours going to be? Easter?
Been on my feet all day in A&E (8am - 6pm).

Shattered.
Reply 962
Original post by Lily Academia

Shattered.

How was it? :smile:
Reply 963
Original post by Lily Academia

Shattered.

Sounds great! Did you see anything interesting?

I've been in Oncology yesterday and today (absolutely amazing, it still remains my favourite department), tomorrow and thursday I'm in Cardiology and Friday I'm in A&E and ENT. Ahh, half-term work experience!
Reply 964
Original post by halii_94
i agree...geography is like learning another language for me..not because its unbelievably hard..because there are so many weird names to learn :s-smilie:

Aw I feel for you :frown:
Maths is like that for me..
And I meant it gets worse throughout the medical years.
Junior doctors' lives are even more hectic! :redface:
Everyone looking forward to Imperial tomorrow? :biggrin:
Reply 966
Original post by PinkEye

Original post by PinkEye
Did you do AQA? I did, and I thought Chemistry did not go well at all. To make matters worse, the grade boundaries for the ISA are ridculously high.

The science department at my school don't even allow resits. :frown:

yea i did AQA Biology but WJEC chemistry.
OMG did the ISA last week, it was so "unpleasant". And i was counting on my ISA to pull up my grades,, :O now i am dreading the 8th of march ! :frown:
Reply 967
Original post by SaintSoldier

what's at Imperial tomorrow?
Reply 968
Original post by Varsh05

Original post by Varsh05

Psychology is like that for me, i just wish i never picked it. i am spending so much time on it that i could be spending on other IMPORTANT subjects but i still wanna do well in it. PS - i love maths (excluding stats).
Original post by Varsh05

Wow..scary to think this will be the case..let's hope the good bits outweigh it though :biggrin:

Hope I'll wake up in time -_-'
sleep pattern is once again messed up after a late night on saturday xD good time though, but now, I wake up at 2pm everyday :/

You in the 12:30 session? A I think?
Original post by Natalie21
I said when not where :P

2 and a half miles there and 2 and a half back :/

Yeah :biggrin:

Ahh sorry, Friday ^^

Just wanted to give you a shout out, you may remember my chaotic upset with work experience in the last thread, not finding any, finding some, losing it, blargh blargh, meanwhilst you remained optimistic, and even when you had none, what seemed a week later you had loads! I think you gave me hope :') and now alas, I am happy to say, my summer is filled to the brim with various departments. Even then, I hope it's enough :\ But thank you!
Reply 973
Original post by AtomicMan
Nice! Should be fun, listening to people's hearts, and learning more about the circulatory system, would love to do cardio, but the cardio dept near me said w.e doesnt exist there :frown:

Ah I'm buzzing for it! Try Hillingdon, thats where I've managed to arrange mine :smile:
Reply 974
Nice I've got a week in Cardiology in August :biggrin:

When is yours going to be? Easter?

Well hopefully in July during the designated work experience period our school gives us :smile: If not, then maybe easter or last resort summer.
Original post by erniiee
Ah I'm buzzing for it! Try Hillingdon, thats where I've managed to arrange mine :smile:

I phoned them up the other day, they said they dont do work experience! :O But general surgery are considering me, just need to wait for a response from the secretarys
Reply 976
Original post by AtomicMan
I phoned them up the other day, they said they dont do work experience! :O But general surgery are considering me, just need to wait for a response from the secretarys

Ah okay. I called, they told me to write. I can send you the address if you want :smile:

Ooooooo pm me!
Original post by Boom533
Ahh sorry, Friday ^^

Awesome :smile:

Original post by ameelia22
Just wanted to give you a shout out, you may remember my chaotic upset with work experience in the last thread, not finding any, finding some, losing it, blargh blargh, meanwhilst you remained optimistic, and even when you had none, what seemed a week later you had loads! I think you gave me hope :') and now alas, I am happy to say, my summer is filled to the brim with various departments. Even then, I hope it's enough :\ But thank you!

Aww thank you, that's very sweet of you :biggrin: And congratulations on organising it all - what have you got planned? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by erniiee
Well hopefully in July during the designated work experience period our school gives us :smile: If not, then maybe easter or last resort summer.

Nice :biggrin:
Original post by FuzzBuzz
what's at Imperial tomorrow?

It was the open day :smile:

Original post by Boom533
Hope I'll wake up in time -_-'
sleep pattern is once again messed up after a late night on saturday xD good time though, but now, I wake up at 2pm everyday :/

You in the 12:30 session? A I think?

I was supposed to be in session A, but my train was delayed by more than an hour so I had to go with session B instead.

~~~~~~

If any of these applies to you, then quote me :biggrin:

For the Imperial open day,

Were you in Session B? I was the guy who walked out of the lecture half way through

Were you in group B3? I was the guy who asked the question "what if you're not good at practicals?" in the anatomy room

Did you talk to someone about paediatrics? That was me

Did you talk to a boy from Nottingham? That was me

I'm sure you'll be able to recognise if I talked to/saw you from that much info :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
It was the open day :smile:
I was supposed to be in session A, but my train was delayed by more than an hour so I had to go with session B instead.

~~~~~~

If any of these applies to you, then quote me :biggrin:

For the Imperial open day,

Were you in Session B? I was the guy who walked out of the lecture half way through

Were you in group B3? I was the guy who asked the question "what if you're not good at practicals?" in the anatomy room

Did you talk to someone about paediatrics? That was me

Did you talk to a boy from Nottingham? That was me

I'm sure you'll be able to recognise if I talked to/saw you from that much info :smile:

Nope A7, so no idea :wink:
Had a few friends in Session B though...

What did you think of the place? :/

Latest

Trending

Trending