The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by FuzzBuzz
did any of you had to get your criminal record checked before volunteering at a nursing home??:rolleyes:

I did! It was work experience though but yeah I did in summer :smile: and also I had to have it done for hospice volunteering I think....?!
Reply 1081
Original post by Gcayte
March 8th :redface:

ahh that must be exciting
Original post by Pride
when are those by the way? is it march? april?

March 8th :smile:
Reply 1083
Original post by erniiee
March 8th :smile:

yeah, that must be exciting for you then
i think I am gonna do the same, apply for both :biggrin: but i still haven't started my personal statement :I

Mine sounds really cheesy :colondollar: also it's only 2000 characters, but I have so much more I want to say :mad:
Original post by Pride
yeah, that must be exciting for you then

LOL more like depressing. You're lucky you have no results you're waiting on man!
Reply 1086
Original post by Varsh05
Haha thanks lol! :smile:
What exam board are you doing for Maths?? >.<

WJEC
Reply 1087
Original post by erniiee
LOL more like depressing. You're lucky you have no results you're waiting on man!

oh not exciting? Why not? do you not think you did well? or is it just general nerves...? It's good to get things over and done with you know! and besides I'm sure you've done alright...
Original post by chiny94
I love Barts as well! I think I shall deffo apply to BATL and hmm well I have 'short list' on my mind as well :biggrin: maybe Cambridge depending on my UMS points! UCL, St. George's, Manchester, Keele and King's college. Sheffield unlikely for me unless I do exceptionally well in my UKCAT :tongue: I just love london so much :') gahhhh I have psychology test tomorrow and I am not ready :/ lol

I'm awful at UKCAT practice questions, so it doesn't bode well for the actual test! May have to rule out Newcastle and King's as well if my UKCAT doesn't go so good.

did any of you had to get your criminal record checked before volunteering at a nursing home??:rolleyes:

Yeah. It took a while but it's necessary! I wouldn't want one of my grandparents being looked after by someone who hadn't had their background checked :tongue:
Reply 1089
Original post by DarkAndTwisty

Yeah. It took a while but it's necessary! I wouldn't want one of my grandparents being looked after by someone who hadn't had their background checked :tongue:

how did you get it checked? do u have to go some place or something?? :s-smilie:
how did you get it checked? do u have to go some place or something?? :s-smilie:

You get CRB or disclosure certificate, probably to join PVG nowadays. You basically fill out a form with all your details and they run a computer check to prove you aren't an axe weilding child molester.

You get a CRB check. My care home arranged mine for me, so you'll have to google it to see how to do it yourself (if you can)
Reply 1092
Original post by Pride
ahh that must be exciting

I am so dreading it. :frown:
Im just thinking of all the retakes I will have to do in May :redface:
Blah. You know that moment when you can feel yourself getting ill? I have that right now. My body is slowly beginning to ache all over, I'm getting a temperature and I feel sick :frown: Am attempting to watch HIMYM to cheer me up but can't find a link for the episode :shakecane:
Reply 1094
Blah. You know that moment when you can feel yourself getting ill? I have that right now. My body is slowly beginning to ache all over, I'm getting a temperature and I feel sick :frown: Am attempting to watch HIMYM to cheer me up but can't find a link for the episode :shakecane:

try http://www.letmewatchthis.com
Reply 1095
I'm awful at UKCAT practice questions, so it doesn't bode well for the actual test! May have to rule out Newcastle and King's as well if my UKCAT doesn't go so good

Yeah me too :frown: Ghaaaa UKCAT seems to be quite pressurizing!! All those time management, how am I going to manage? :'( I shall have to deffo rule out king's if I fail my UKCAT as well....dayum, maybe even Manchester as well! What A levels did you take? :smile:

I got a link now~ will watch it tomorrow though. But still, thank you!

Original post by chiny94
Yeah me too :frown: Ghaaaa UKCAT seems to be quite pressurizing!! All those time management, how am I going to manage? :'( I shall have to deffo rule out king's if I fail my UKCAT as well....dayum, maybe even Manchester as well! What A levels did you take? :smile:

UKCAT stresses me out but right now I'm just concentrating on my AS Levels, got a lot of English coursework to do.

I do Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Psychology. You?
Reply 1097

UKCAT stresses me out but right now I'm just concentrating on my AS Levels, got a lot of English coursework to do.

I do Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Psychology. You?

Ah, I heard English lit is a killer! I take psychology too! But I do maths as well with biology and chemistry :smile: I actually just had my psychology learning approach test today... I thought I did well until the last question where I misread the 8 marker. Felt like a complete idiot :angry: and good idea! I think I probably will just concentrate on my AS levels first until June where I shall be going UKCAT and BMAT mad :colondollar: lol
Original post by Pride
oh not exciting? Why not? do you not think you did well? or is it just general nerves...? It's good to get things over and done with you know! and besides I'm sure you've done alright...

Haha, tbh not thaaaat worried, but still I hate the fact that it takes so long to come. And a bit nervous for C1..otherwise I'm fine! :biggrin:
Reply 1099
WJEC

Ohhhh!!
I do OCR MEI and it's sooo hard! :frown:

Latest