This isnt on my "watched threads" anymore for some reason :confused:

Original post by AtomicMan
I've done so far:

1 week in upper GI

I've planned:

1 week in anaesthetics
1 week with a GP
4 weeks in general surgery

I think its safe to say that I've planned than done enough, but I may want to get a look into neurology :redface:

Will you be able to reflect on all of that appropriately in your personal statement? 6 weeks in a hospital is a loooot of work exp.

Obviously not a bad thing though, well done in organising it! :smile:
Original post by Natalie21
Sent off my UNIQ application :biggrin:

Good luck!! :hugs:
Original post by IAmMclovin
This isnt on my "watched threads" anymore for some reason :confused:

Mine either :'(
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Good luck!! :hugs:

Thank you :hugs:
Original post by Natalie21
Mine either :'(

:iiam: its working now though :smile:

Although, it was probably a good thing; coming on this thread makes me worry cos of how much work experience everyone here has :tongue:

Although, it was probably a good thing; coming on this thread makes me worry cos of how much work experience everyone here has :tongue:

Quality over quantity every time.

Same!

Yeah it meant I actually got some work done :P
Wow, you are guys are much more mature than me, I would be giggling like a girl constantly in O&G. Hopefully I mature by UCAS :redface:

Haha, lets hope so :tongue:
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Good luck with getting some work experience! I'm thinking of doing an EPQ related to Ob/Gyn somehow :smile:

Can I ask why? :tongue: It's not like you'd laugh at vaginas if you saw them in a sexual scenario, and in a clinical setting it's a lot less like 'I'm looking at some woman's privates' surely?

You too :smile: ooo nice, I'm thinking technology in medicine :yep:

LOOOOOL..that made my evening :')
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Quality over quantity every time.

I suppose any in a hospital is good quality though, as long as you reflect on it? :smile:
I suppose any in a hospital is good quality though, as long as you reflect on it? :smile:

Exactly. Some people spend months shadowing Consultants and don't appear to have learned anything from it, others have spent hours with a GP and are able to truly appreciate it.
Wow, you are guys are much more mature than me, I would be giggling like a girl constantly in O&G. Hopefully I mature by UCAS :redface:

Dude, I still laugh about the word "poo" heehee :P
Reply 1151
I thought this was too quite, wasn't on my watched for some reason :redface:
How is everyone? :smile:
Results 2 weeks today :s-smilie:
I'm currently trying to make a short list of med schools I'm interested in, but I'm so indecisive... I want to apply to them all. :facepalm: Anybody else struggling with this? Or just me? Haha :')

At the moment I'm thinking Manchester and Liverpool (so I can live at home to save money), Leeds, Imperial or Barts (I fancy London and yet... being a small town Northern girl I'm not sure I'm brave enough to make the jump :colondollar: anybody who lives in London, feel free to reassure me.)
Original post by SusieShire
I'm currently trying to make a short list of med schools I'm interested in, but I'm so indecisive... I want to apply to them all. :facepalm: Anybody else struggling with this? Or just me? Haha :')

At the moment I'm thinking Manchester and Liverpool (so I can live at home to save money), Leeds, Imperial or Barts (I fancy London and yet... being a small town Northern girl I'm not sure I'm brave enough to make the jump :colondollar: anybody who lives in London, feel free to reassure me.)

Im having the same issue with narrowing unis :redface: I think it will become easier when we get the UKCAT result and AS result, but even then I think it will narrow down to 10 :smile: I know I'm definantely applying to Imperial, because I absolutely adore their course structure.
Original post by erniiee
You too :smile: ooo nice, I'm thinking technology in medicine :yep:

LOOOOOL..that made my evening :')

That sounds interesting! :smile:

Haha :wink:
Im having the same issue with narrowing unis :redface: I think it will become easier when we get the UKCAT result and AS result, but even then I think it will narrow down to 10 :smile: I know I'm definantely applying to Imperial, because I absolutely adore their course structure.

I agree, I think most likely I'll just end up applying where I think I've got the best chance of actually getting in with whatever UKCAT/AS I've got. :redface: And I also agree about Imperial's course, it definitely appeals to me! Now I've just got to find a way to get down to London for an open day...
Reply 1156
Original post by SusieShire

I live in London.

On a similar note, I don't want to leave London, I'm only applying to London med schools, so I know what you're saying. I think definitely factor in the costs of living in the capital, accomodation here is costly, especially the nearer you are to the universities as they tend to be central, and out in the suburbs where it's bound to be more expensive. Then again, it's cheaper in the east, King's is nearest me, south east london, it's better value.
Have to do a 5-min talk on a medical or healthcare related topic :redface:

Infront of other medical students and UCL senior admissions tutor:erm:

Hopefully I dont look stupid and say something completely scientifically incorect only to be grilled in the Q&A, doing mine on a haemotology related topic :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1158
I've done so far:

1 week in upper GI

I've planned:

1 week in anaesthetics
1 week with a GP
4 weeks in general surgery

I think its safe to say that I've planned than done enough, but I may want to get a look into neurology :redface:

Aw lol!
Well have you planned any care homes or long term voluntary work that relates to Medicine?? :smile:
Reply 1159
Original post by Gcayte
I thought this was too quite, wasn't on my watched for some reason :redface:
How is everyone? :smile:
Results 2 weeks today :s-smilie:

Aw please don't remind me! :frown:
I flopped them all for sure! :cry2:

Latest

Trending

Trending