The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erniiee
Thanks. What did you get in Core 1? :smile:

Lol why did this get negged? :frown:
Original post by Natalie21
93 :biggrin: Really pleased with that as it was a hard paper!

Ooh okay thanks :biggrin:

Nice - I'm going to a half marathon duty on Sunday :smile:

I completely forgot :P Oooh good luck with that! :biggrin:

Yea it was - congrats! :biggrin:

Aha np. Have fun!

Ouuuuch, I didn't get anything out of house captains etc (what I applied for), but I'm taking it as a positive as I'll have more time on my hands to get my medical application rolling! :biggrin:
Reply 1481
Need a bit of advice here.....
I got BBBBB in C1, M1 Chem F321, BY1 and Phys 1. Not bothered about M1 and Phys, but do you think I should retake the others (especially chem and bio)?
If it helps, I was 4 UMS off an A in bio, and 6 UMS off an A in chem....

Any help much appreciated! :smile:
i got chem1 d bio1 c and maths core1 b. i am resitting all so have 9 exams in june. is that stupid as i have to do unit 2 for bio and chem and core 2 and mechanics 1 as well as 2 history exams. shall i resit in june this year or jan next year
Reply 1483
Original post by tizzieb
Need a bit of advice here.....
I got BBBBB in C1, M1 Chem F321, BY1 and Phys 1. Not bothered about M1 and Phys, but do you think I should retake the others (especially chem and bio)?
If it helps, I was 4 UMS off an A in bio, and 6 UMS off an A in chem....

Any help much appreciated! :smile:

If you think that resitting those examinations will give you a better chance of an A/A* overall, do it. There really is no reason not to other than being unable to apply to UCL and having to do a bit of extra work. Universities will only take into account your highest module scores anyway so even if you score less than what you have previously done, it won't be counted. That said, Cambridge will require you to declare detailed information on all modular resits.

Depends on where you are intending to apply to really :dontknow:
Original post by oli_G
Wow, haven't been on here in ages (due to laptop breaking... again) :yep:

How did everyone do in the january modules? :smile:

Spoiler

congratz dude, nice achievement :smile:

Original post by FuzzBuzz
How did u guys manage that? I just scrapped a B! :frown: btw what exam board do u do?

I made sure I knew the textbook like the back of my hand, then did all the relevant past papers from like 2002
Original post by Gcayte
How does everyone on here tend to revise? :smile:
Have you started already for the modules in May? :smile:

Flashcards and past papers :biggrin:

I've wrote out most of my flashcards :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee

Yea it was - congrats! :biggrin:

Aha np. Have fun!

Ouuuuch, I didn't get anything out of house captains etc (what I applied for), but I'm taking it as a positive as I'll have more time on my hands to get my medical application rolling! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:

Oh well - yeah sounds like a good idea :biggrin:
I hope everyone got the results they wanted :biggrin: (Sorry I'm so late :tongue:)

If anyone's interested, here are my scores:

Spoiler

I'm sooooooo glad I don't have to do any resits :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1488
u know the ocr biology as exam
wat was it out of ? in ums
Original post by louci
u know the ocr biology as exam
wat was it out of ? in ums

90 :smile:

That represents 30% of your AS Level grade.
Reply 1490
Original post by SaintSoldier
90 :smile:

That represents 30% of your AS Level grade.

oh thanks mate !!!!!

i just got an A
Original post by louci
oh thanks mate !!!!!

i just got an A

No problem :smile:

And I know what you mean. After that terrible exam, I'm so glad to have walked out with an A :h:
Reply 1492

No problem :smile:

And I know what you mean. After that terrible exam, I'm so glad to have walked out with an A :h:

i know right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i felt soooo dumb after my bio exam !!!
i actually thought i was gonna end up with a D
after i had my chem results which was a B ( 2 UMS OFF )

so i was quite upset and thought i probably did bad on the other two exam
but i got As
Reply 1493
Original post by Gcayte
How does everyone on here tend to revise? :smile:
Have you started already for the modules in May? :smile:

a mixture of past papers and note-taking from a textbook and a revision guide. I tend to learn best from learning, then coming back a while later and checking it's still in my head, using mind maps for example, or doing past paper questions.

but seriously though, find what works for you and stick to it. I certainly couldn't deal with flash cards personally, but perhaps you'd like that.
Reply 1494
Original post by Pride
a mixture of past papers and note-taking from a textbook and a revision guide. I tend to learn best from learning, then coming back a while later and checking it's still in my head, using mind maps for example, or doing past paper questions.

but seriously though, find what works for you and stick to it. I certainly couldn't deal with flash cards personally, but perhaps you'd like that.

Original post by Natalie21
Flashcards and past papers :biggrin:

I've wrote out most of my flashcards :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice! :smile::smile:

Anyone going to the HYMS open day tomorrow? :biggrin:
Heyy, hope everyone did well with their AS results :smile:

I got 4As, so im really pleased! :smile:

but how important are AS grades really for medical schools? they seem to only need "passes" at AS, and besides cambridge, many barely seem to take them into consideration, compared to GCSE grades and UKCAT etc.

Or have i misunderstood the system? :s-smilie:
Original post by IAmMclovin
but how important are AS grades really for medical schools? they seem to only need "passes" at AS, and besides cambridge, many barely seem to take them into consideration, compared to GCSE grades and UKCAT etc.

Or have i misunderstood the system? :s-smilie:

For most of them you need a minimum of aaab in your AS Levels (the As being the ones that you take on to A2)

Cambridge look at UMS scores, and so do UCL if yu declare them on your reference.
For most of them you need a minimum of aaab in your AS Levels (the As being the ones that you take on to A2)

Cambridge look at UMS scores, and so do UCL if yu declare them on your reference.

Ive heard that, but ive never seen it explicitly stated anywhere, do you have any links to any admissions requirements that state that you do?
Original post by IAmMclovin
Ive heard that, but ive never seen it explicitly stated anywhere, do you have any links to any admissions requirements that state that you do?

My school told me that, so I don't have any links

But I'm going to the open day on 26th March, so I'll find out for you :smile:

(btw, I forgot to congratulate you on your results in my previous post, so well done!! :biggrin: I'm sure they're well deserved, and you should feel proud of yourself :smile:)
My school told me that, so I don't have any links

But I'm going to the open day on 26th March, so I'll find out for you :smile:

(btw, I forgot to congratulate you on your results in my previous post, so well done!! :biggrin: I'm sure they're well deserved, and you should feel proud of yourself :smile:)

Thanks a lot man! :smile: I worked bloody hard for them, but theres still a long road ahead :redface:

How did your results go? And nice, which uni's open day? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending