Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Temple Run

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    My sisters really love it, haha. I've tried it once, and I find it OK. I'm still hooked on Angry Birds though tbh...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Hmm, a compulsive liar as well :hmmm:

:lolwut:
    You, sir, are terrible.
    & why yes, I'd rather be a compulsive liar than a terrible liar

Btw your flag is the UN flag right?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yumnaarrhhh)
    You, sir, are terrible.
    & why yes, I'd rather be a compulsive liar than a terrible liar

Btw your flag is the UN flag right?
    I am? :cry:

You can be both

Indeed it is miss, why'd you ask? :holmes:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    I am? :cry:

You can be both

Indeed it is miss, why'd you ask? :holmes:
    Yes, yes you are.

:sad:

Ooh was asking out of curiosity..it looks quite pretty..the lovely sky blue...
    & Omg the caption under your name..we were having a conversation with my history teacher yesterday about that..in terms of autocracy/democracy/communism blah blah...was pretty interesting
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will never be as good or addictive as doodle jump.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes you are.

:sad:

Ooh was asking out of curiosity..it looks quite pretty..the lovely sky blue...
    & Omg the caption under your name..we were having a conversation with my history teacher yesterday about that..in terms of autocracy/democracy/communism blah blah...was pretty interesting
    PM me and tell me the convo!

Im curious now
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Comes out on Android in the next couple of weeks. I'm eagerly awaiting it haha.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Comes out on Android in the next couple of weeks. I'm eagerly awaiting it haha.
    Really??!!! :eek:

:woo: :woo:

I downloaded the "fan app" or whatever it was by accident. I can assure you I was pretty annoyed when it wasnt the game
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    PM me and tell me the convo!

Im curious now
    Lol i cant remember most of it even thought it was really interesting
    I'll pm you later x
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really??!!! :eek:

:woo: :woo:

I downloaded the "fan app" or whatever it was by accident. I can assure you I was pretty annoyed when it wasnt the game
    Yeah look here

And aha I never understood why that app exists when the game doesn't exist on android market
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spawn of Descartes)
    I ask again, how do people manage to get such high scores??
    It's basically down to how much time you invest in the game. Ideally you'd gain enough coins to upgrade every powerup to its maximum.

Now where people get high scores is through the angel wings utility. You can buy as many as you like and they're only 500 coins each. Once you have it activated, you can resurrect when you die.

And when you resurrect, you start again at a much slower speed. Also, after about 30 ish seconds, your angel wings will become available again for use.

So if you're strategic, you can buy 50 odd angel wings, and use them to either ensure you don't die, or deliberately slow down to a manageable speed when you do. I have so far achieved 12million as my high score simply just by constantly using the wings and deliberately dying when my speed was getting too fast.

EDIT: As for the ludicrous high scores, that's down to a glitch in the game. Turn tutorial mode ON, and when playing, swipe twice/three times rapidly when turning. It will cause you to continuously travel forwards with no obstacles. However, there are no coins to collect this way (since it's in tutorial mode).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best game ever! Xd
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I get my iphone I'm going to get it, I walk into my kitchen and no lie, four of my flatmates will be sitting there playing it. One girl reached 14 million yesterday...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My bro reached 280 million. He glitched it somehow which meant the path was straight. I dont know how he did it?!?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you do the tutorial, if you swipe at the right time the rest of the level is straight with no obstacles, so you can score ad infinitum.
    This shows it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfjTG8YWHQk&feature=fvst
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My top score is only 1.5M
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 1,298,000 on my 2nd go of temple run; prodigy...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so addictive!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
    it says your name isn't real :confused:
    That's weird. A couple of people seem to have added me without a problem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My top score is 15.9 million! It's all about the angel wings and getting the coins for the big scores. I swear it took me around an hour to run that far though. It's a shame it doesn't get any harder or change slightly once you're past around 10,000 metres. It would certainly give the game more life as it's getting monotonousness now.

I just need to get a million score with no power ups to have completed all the objectives. Every time I try I jump into one by accident. ;(

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 25, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.