Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liverpool v Manchesrer United, FA Cup 4th Round, 28th January 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Naww, silly little kids dont understand a logical term used in a discussion, bless (:. Ah well, not much i expect from fans who all boo a player who your own player racially abused (:
    Use of offensive language by reference to a player's colour. Didn't actually say he racially abused.

Evra was always going to get abuse. Seems it got to him, since his rookie error led to the winning goal. :awesome:
    • 4 followers

I don't know why you're all whingeing - I'm thankful that this curious little fellow continues to enlighten us as to the workings of the world. (:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Use of offensive language by reference to a player's colour. Didn't actually say he racially abused.
    Abused = to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign.
    And was racially

Thus, racially abused.

Next?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    The award for biggest butthurt united fan goes too... no prizes for guessing!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Naww, silly little kids dont understand a logical term used in a discussion, bless (:. Ah well, not much i expect from fans who all boo a player who your own player racially abused (:
    Every time I come on these threads and Man United lose you're always ridiculously bitter...
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Closed this to clean the all the spammy stuff, debate sensibly or I'll have to close it for good. This is a match discussion thread, not a thread to personally attack people for their views (however much you may disagree with them). Discussion shouldn't stretch to the intricacies of Evra-Suarez case, take it elsewhere if it does.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I expected to come back to this thread and read some discussion, instead all I got was a load of nonsense splitting hairs about such boring stuff :sad: Looks like I'll have to find my fun elswhere
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I expected to come back to this thread and read some discussion, instead all I got was a load of nonsense splitting hairs about such boring stuff :sad: Looks like I'll have to find my fun elswhere
    Your sig (left) is amazing btw :borat:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Maybe, but there's been loads of undeserved victories over the years, they won because they were more effective, look at chelsea vs arsenal over the past 7 years that we've won, arsenal get most of the ball, drogba scores a freak goal, we win the match with 40% possession, or watch the recent milan derby or el classico, ac milan had the most of the ball and should have been 5-0 up in the first half but ended up losing 1-0 to one counter attack and great defending.
    This thread is sounding like a pub tbh. Loads of bitter supporters here.
    lol point made, ive calmed down now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very disappointed hearing Evra booed. I understand booing someone if he's a pantomime villain, but to boo someone because he was racially abused?

Worrying.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    Very disappointed hearing Evra booed. I understand booing someone if he's a pantomime villain, but to boo someone because he was racially abused?

Worrying.
    Hardly the point was it though :facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Hardly the point was it though :facepalm2:
    The point was and is that those Liverpool fans are backing someone for the sole reason that he plays for their club at this point in time. In fact not even that, they're not backing someone, they're attacking the victim. :facepalm2:

If roles were reserved, only the players and the languages swapped round, those fans would still be booing Evra, for being the racist.

It's an ironic twist on the "he may be a [racist term], but he's our [racist term]" of yesteryear.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    SAF or Mike need to give DDG a good ol' spanking too. :spank:

It was a mistake to play the lad in a game of that magnitude.
    I know I was so hoping that Lindegaard was gonna play, but ahh well what can you do :nopity:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was Dianne Abbott at the match spouting her racism today ?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lindegaard needs to beefen up, he also needs to actually shout and command his defence. He doesn't seem to speak a word whilst on the pitch. He shouldn't have been selected today but still, given how he performed and given how much we spent buying him, he was truly piss-poor. Perhaps he'll grow and mature into a top-class player but the signs aren't great at present and he needs to learn from and move on from this accumulating history of goalkeeping errors...

Disappointing result today. Liverpool weren't any better than ourselves. Shouldn't have taken Scholes off, IMO. We were looking comfortable and composed, Scholes taken off and it all seemed to change for the worse.

I could have stomached this defeat a bit more had we conceded in the 67th minute or something, not when the winner is 3-ish minutes from time. Painful. Mind you, we often put other teams on that sort of receiving end.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Lindegaard needs to beefen up, he also needs to actually shout and command his defence. He doesn't seem to speak a word whilst on the pitch. He shouldn't have been selected today but still, given how he performed and given how much we spent buying him, he was truly piss-poor. Perhaps he'll grow and mature into a top-class player but the signs aren't great at present and he needs to learn from and move on from this accumulating history of goalkeeping errors...

Disappointing result today. Liverpool weren't any better than ourselves. Shouldn't have taken Scholes off, IMO. We were looking comfortable and composed, Scholes taken off and it all seemed to change for the worse.

I could have stomached this defeat a bit more had we conceded in the 67th minute or something, not when the winner is 3-ish minutes from time. Painful. Mind you, we often put other teams on that sort of receiving end.
    Wrong keeper
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

De Gea*
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:

Are you getting our two keepers confused?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Wrong keeper
    lol, I'm just tired. I was meaning De Gea.

Is the FA Cup draw tomorrow?

I can see Liverpool being drawn against Crawley and getting knocked out in a crumbly fashion.

Your thoughts?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'm just tired. I was meaning De Gea.

Is the FA Cup draw tomorrow?

I can see Liverpool being drawn against Crawley and getting knocked out in a crumbly fashion.

Your thoughts?
    100% agreed :facepalm2: I actually said today I wanted whoever were the best team left in the draw.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 28, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.