The Student Room Group

B4,B5,B6 31st jan 2012 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by science-oliver
do you reckon the grade boundaries for an A* will be around 36-38?

Since most people thought the test was easy, then I would think they will increase the grade boundaries again. However, usually if people think it's easy, they did rubbish, so you never know? ;D
Reply 41
Original post by Tarmu
In preperation or the chemistry exam tomorrow, how would you go about solving the following: Calculate how much aluminium can be extracted from 400g of aluminium oxide?

@disintegration, was that the question about reflexes?

I practised these and got em all wrong.
What the hell?

It feels as if this exams gonna be harsh.
Good luck
Reply 42
Original post by L_Vieru
I practised these and got em all wrong.
What the hell?

It feels as if this exams gonna be harsh.
Good luck

Okay, First take the relative FORMULA mass off the equation. For example how much magnesium from MgCl.

So magnesium = 24
Chlorine = 35.5
24 + 35.5 = 59.5

So the question wants to know magnesium so we do magnesium divided by the total formula mass. So 24 / 59.5 = 0.403

So now we times our answer by the amount its asking.
0.403 x 200 = 80.6g
Reply 43
Oh yeah, the question about cell growth and mitosis was hard, it was a 4 mark question :eek:. what did you write for that?
Reply 44
I found the amino acid question really difficult so I guessed. I didn't understand the dialysis fluid question or the what goes in and out of the body question. Overall it was ok though.
Reply 45
Original post by samara123
I found the amino acid question really difficult so I guessed. I didn't understand the dialysis fluid question or the what goes in and out of the body question. Overall it was ok though.

at Dialysis fluid question was annoying.
I couldnt get my head around it. I knew how the kidney works and revised the heck out of it then they throw in something like that

Argh

We'll see though. Theres no going back.
Reply 46
Biology was ok, I put 'partially permeable membrane', the dialysis fluid was tricky for me and the amino acid question took me by surprise, the rest was generally ok. If i don't get an A* I have to retake :'(
Reply 47
I did bedaf as well.
Reply 48
Does anyone has an unofficial mark scheme or a copy of the paper
Reply 49
Original post by flimbys101
For the enzyme question did anyone else just talk about the Lock and Key method??

HOW DID YOU FIND THIS EXAM AS IM DOING IT NEXT WEEK:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending