Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls holiday suggestions?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapeau Rouge)
    Barcelona! Absolutely loads to do in the day, has a beach and if you wanted to go out there were loads of people with flyers offering free entry to places with champagne and chocolate fountains in the evening, we also went to the icebar which is on the beachfront
    Sounds really nice actually! I don't know why but I never thought to look into Barcelona, thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Just dont goto a slutty beach resort then...Goto somewhere on the coast of italy, or spain...
    Haha yeah but it's finding the happy medium thats difficult :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went to Kos with friends when I finished secondary school. This was all the way back in 2004 so I have no idea what it's like now, but at the time it definitely had plenty of clubs, plenty of culture-y things to do and plenty of beaches. Zante is similar in all those respects.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forex)
    Defiantly recommend Red Sea resorts in Egypt. How about Sharm El Sheikh, Gouna or Hurghada?
    Sounds nice but because its further away won't it be quite expensive?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    Haha yeah but it's finding the happy medium thats difficult :P
    You havent said budget but you can get 3 into rooms. Near the big main beach, near a big resort but still can get away from it too, lots of culture across different places in Zante and the hotel has recently been listed as a travellers choice winner on TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...n_Islands.html

You can get flights from easyjet etc. from lots of airports across the uk. Good prices for the flights and hotel.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cartagena in Spain is pretty cool, near the sea, and has a good club culture.

<3 x
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    You havent said budget but you can get 3 into rooms. Near the big main beach, near a big resort but still can get away from it too, lots of culture across different places in Zante and the hotel has recently been listed as a travellers choice winner on TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...n_Islands.html

You can get flights from easyjet etc. from lots of airports across the uk. Good prices for the flights and hotel.
    Sorry up to 4 in family rooms

Info on the place - http://www.tsilivi.com/
    http://www.discovergreekislands.co.u...on.php?xSec=69
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    Sounds really nice actually! I don't know why but I never thought to look into Barcelona, thank you
    We went after A levels, was such a fun holiday, we had a city apartment between six of us and just spent ages sitting on balcony at night drinking 3 euro cava, was awesome! It is such a pretty city as well, magic fountain is incredible and Parc Guell also
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    We were actually seriously thinking about Lanzarote! Which resort did you stay in? We were thinking Peurto Del Carmen but are there better places?
    Yep that's where I stayed and where I'd recommend you go. It's where all the lively stuff is plus there's loads of places you can book water sports in the day and daytrips etc. That said, I've only ever been there once so there may be other good places, but it's quite a small island and I didn't see much else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why not magaluf?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    why not magaluf?
    One of us already went last year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    Cartagena in Spain is pretty cool, near the sea, and has a good club culture.

<3 x
    Thanks what is it like during the day?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Choose a smaller pretty little place in Greece, Italy, Spain or France. I'd really recommend Sardinia. I'm sure you could travel to a bigger town there for good night life, but the majority of the time could be spent with beautiful beaches, mountains, cycling and snorkelling. Google it
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    Thanks what is it like during the day?
    I went in mid-spring and it was hot but very dry. So you can still go out and do things even though it is often 28-32c.

<3 x
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    We were actually seriously thinking about Lanzarote! Which resort did you stay in? We were thinking Peurto Del Carmen but are there better places?
    Puerto Del Carmen is really good. I've only ever been there with my family but I really enjoy it. Nice beaches, loads of stuff to do, organised experience packages with English guides that you buy from shops and a good night life.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    Choose a smaller pretty little place in Greece, Italy, Spain or France. I'd really recommend Sardinia. I'm sure you could travel to a bigger town there for good night life, but the majority of the time could be spent with beautiful beaches, mountains, cycling and snorkelling. Google it
    We looked into Sardinia this year and its either the massive city or tiny villages with 2 tavernas, many beaches are tiny stretches a sunbed's length deep with rocks. Its not quite the place to go for a girls holiday unless you really know your way around, its hard to find a place there first off that has the right mix of what you want because it is more travel to a village and explore in a hire car. At least thats what we found from hours of research. Lovely looking though.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    We looked into Sardinia this year and its either the massive city or tiny villages with 2 tavernas, many beaches are tiny stretches a sunbed's length deep with rocks. Its not quite the place to go for a girls holiday unless you really know your way around, its hard to find a place there first off that has the right mix of what you want because it is more travel to a village and explore in a hire car. At least thats what we found from hours of research. Lovely looking though.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=hc...EKiQ0AXzxpzOCg

Try Rena bianca in sardegna. It's great for girly holidays and exploring. You can use public transport, buses etc.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=hc...EKiQ0AXzxpzOCg

Try Rena bianca in sardegna. It's great for girly holidays and exploring. You can use public transport, buses etc.
    Weve booked corfu now. Thanks anyway. But my point is that Sardinia you have to explore and its not a place where you have the resort, beach and nearby culture like others - all the different bits are all over the place and you have to travel around for definite.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yb93)
    One of us already went last year
    How did she find it, im going this summer, so hoping its good
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    How did she find it, im going this summer, so hoping its good
    She loved it haha amazing, hope you have a good time

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.