The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I agree though, easiest paper ever maybe?

But please say the acceleration in vector format is fine, otherwise I got 74/75
Reply 21
Original post by arz15
I agree though, easiest paper ever maybe?

But please say the acceleration in vector format is fine, otherwise I got 74/75

Same, I think loads of people need to know about the vector form thing
How did past paper answers say about acceleration?
Reply 23
Just checked, going by a similar 3-marker in June 2005's paper ("find the acceleration when t = 1.5"), the copy of the mark scheme I've got seems to give full credit for the answer in vector form? but that was 6 years ago xD hopefully it still holds true! :smile:
Reply 24
opted to do this in june.....lucky I did as to get 90 you will need 75 :tongue:
Reply 25
The thing is as someone said earlier it's not like speed where it just has magnitude. Acceration is a vector. I'm going to say full marks leaving it as a vector...
Reply 26
Original post by Rahul.S
opted to do this in june.....lucky I did as to get 90 you will need 75 :tongue:

My mark hinges on one mark over an acceration question lol... Stupid easy papers piss me off.
Reply 27
Arsey where art thou?
Reply 28
Original post by maths134
My mark hinges on one mark over an acceration question lol... Stupid easy papers piss me off.

tbh wouldn't worry much about a levels....except just the grade....in our cases STEP is far more important :colone:
Reply 29
Original post by Rahul.S
tbh wouldn't worry much about a levels....except just the grade....in our cases STEP is far more important :colone:

It makes my other a levels ie FP2/3 easier tbh I should be getting 90+ anyway on them haha. Although I'm pretty set and all I'm doing now is STEP starting this week with my tutor.
Reply 30
It makes my other a levels ie FP2/3 easier tbh I should be getting 90+ anyway on them haha. Although I'm pretty set and all I'm doing now is STEP starting this week with my tutor.

private tutor? :colone: musnt be cheap but then again someone who can teach step must be paid a good amount as not anyone can teach STEP :tongue:

im looking to iron out fp2 and fp3 in feb.....will be focusing on step I and II this upcoming month....ive got my tactics for STEP ready :colone:
Reply 31
Original post by mrfcricket
For question 3b - the model answer works out the loss of kinetic energy equals to the total resistance force times distance. shouldnt it be loss of kinetic energy minus gain in potential equals to the total resistance force times distance. Arsey or anyone else what are your thoughts!

The potential force is used in the calculation for mgh, no need to use it again for the work done!
Reply 32
Original post by Rahul.S
private tutor? :colone: musnt be cheap but then again someone who can teach step must be paid a good amount as not anyone can teach STEP :tongue:

im looking to iron out fp2 and fp3 in feb.....will be focusing on step I and II this upcoming month....ive got my tactics for STEP ready :colone:

Yeh I'm having my first lesson this Saturday.. I wasn't going to get one but they are pretty damn qualified and have a good success rate so let's see :smile: it's more because I don't know anyone who has done step and I need to sit down and be like 'what should I be doing when' etc and same... Calculus! Lol
Reply 33
Original post by arz15
The potential force is used in the calculation for mgh, no need to use it again for the work done!

Thanks I understand! How many marks for that part do you think i will drop! maybe 1.
Reply 34
Yeh I'm having my first lesson this Saturday.. I wasn't going to get one but they are pretty damn qualified and have a good success rate so let's see :smile: it's more because I don't know anyone who has done step and I need to sit down and be like 'what should I be doing when' etc and same... Calculus! Lol

my school have been looking for a tutor for me :eek: dont expect nothing duo :tongue:

i got few no.s of some guy called luciano, few other ones on the net...........I reckon dfrankling and simonm are enough lol
Reply 35
Original post by mrfcricket
Thanks I understand! How many marks for that part do you think i will drop! maybe 1.

Well I'm no expert but 2 I think? An M1 for using the wrong WD and an A1 for the final answer maybe.
Reply 36
Original post by Rahul.S
my school have been looking for a tutor for me :eek: dont expect nothing duo :tongue:

i got few no.s of some guy called luciano, few other ones on the net...........I reckon dfrankling and simonm are enough lol

how was M3 brudda? :colone:
Reply 37
Original post by Legendary
how was M3 brudda? :colone:

doing it in june brudda :tongue: I was going to do it in jan.....but opted for june as it goes with STEP III and I wanted to start STEP :colondollar:

brudda I saw the M3 paper and that was easy :eek:

EDEXCEL are slacking brudda.....M1 was easy...and now it seems that M1 was harder than M2 brudda....this M2 paper required M1 stuff.....energy eqns from gcse and s=d/t.......brudda! brudda! whats going on! :tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by Rahul.S
doing it in june brudda :tongue: I was going to do it in jan.....but opted for june as it goes with STEP III and I wanted to start STEP :colondollar:

brudda I saw the M3 paper and that was easy :eek:

EDEXCEL are slacking brudda.....M1 was easy...and now it seems that M1 was harder than M2 brudda....this M2 paper required M1 stuff.....energy eqns from gcse and s=d/t.......brudda! brudda! whats going on! :tongue:

yh because there's no point in making it hard gonna get 100 ums anyways so they might aswell not put up a fight :colone:
Reply 39
Original post by Legendary
yh because there's no point in making it hard gonna get 100 ums anyways so they might aswell not put up a fight :colone:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I think your referring to your case :colone: I heard people at my school came out dancing out of this exam......just a pity they weren't dancing when they came out of their oxford entrance exams :tongue:

I can confirm with evidence....A levels mean very little :colondollar: especially for Maths :wink: and oh yh with Edexcel :tongue:

imagine that smart kid that made one silly mistake and slipped from an A to a D.......OUCH! this isnt kool by BRUDDA :colone: :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending