what would U choose?

HELP!:confused:
Original post by ElinElin
Museums, Galleries and Contemporary Culture at Westminster

or

Contemporary Art at Sotheby's?

what would U choose?

If you can afford it Sothebys. If you can't afford it, sell a kidney and go to Sothebys.

Although Sothebys is full of girls waiting to meet Lord Right, those girls will be one day be curating their own museums (otherwise known as "home") and the quality of the faculty is second to only one (the Courtauld).
Reply 2

or

what would U choose?

Hi Elin

I also got through Contemporary Art at sothebys and a MA in HOA at SOAS. I am very confused since I would prefer to study Contemporary art. So same boat as you. What has a better reputation?
Reply 3

or

what would U choose?

Again, if you can afford it, I'd say Sotheby's. I certainly would if I had a spare £24,000. The name will get your foot in many doors.

On the other hand, it depends whether you're aiming for a career in curation, arts management, or more on the commercial side of things. Obviously if you're aiming to work in art dealing Sotheby's would be the natural choice.

The Westminster course looks very interesting though. I would try to find out from them the career destinations of their alumni.
Reply 4
Original post by ambikahofa
Hi Elin

I also got through Contemporary Art at sothebys and a MA in HOA at SOAS. I am very confused since I would prefer to study Contemporary art. So same boat as you. What has a better reputation?

In my opinion, the SOAS MA would only be advisable if you have a strong interest in African and Asian art, and would like to work in this area. The Sotheby's Contemporary Art MA would give far more breadth, and I think is generally more marketable. The same goes for my last post though: it really does depend on your career aspirations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending